R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap

Go down 
+24
hazel_may(Janie)
Barb(ozgirl)
tonya575
Lyndies*Lovies
Kim
SharonR
Tiondra White Rapids
Tinabloomfield
zaphy100
debora jenkins
ashtreemeadowbabies
sweetsherrie112
nightowlnursery
rebecca
With Love Nursery
Trish
passionatereborner
Orange_Grove_Nursery
babyblossom
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Lara
barbara
Lynknursery
Karen
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012 - 11:17

lol lol lol lol lol lol Look at it this way Janie lol. she might know your doing her baby for her but she doesn't know which one lol..... and she wont get to see any pics because when you check in you check in with sharon lol.... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012 - 11:20

sweetsherrie112 wrote:
lol lol lol lol lol lol Look at it this way Janie lol. she might know your doing her baby for her but she doesn't know which one lol..... and she wont get to see any pics because when you check in you check in with sharon lol.... Sherrie

that's absolutely correct!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012 - 11:57

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
lol Karen, I was about to say you better stop telling people it wasn't them or she'd know who her swap partner is by process of elimination! But, you said it was you! lol

Doesn't everybody know who their swap partner is (who they are making a baby for)?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012 - 12:25

Yes, everybody knows who they are making for..doesn't mean you're getting one from them! wink
Back to top Go down
Tiondra White Rapids
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Tiondra White Rapids

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:18

Wow Karen I can't believe you let the cat out of the bag!!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysweetpapoosrebornnursery.webs.com
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:53

Well someone's dream kit has arrived at my place. Now I need to get some stuff out of the way so I can make a start painting him/her.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:38

That's great Lyn! 2 ladies getting their dream babies so far wink
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:39

My swap partner's first pick is on his/her way to my house too. This is exciting!! happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:24

I have removed all posts beginning with Tina's about the swap and any post that had replied to it to keep some kind of modicum of surprise for her partner. All is well as I've heard back from everybody now. Let the fun begin! Please, if anybody else has a problem with any part of this swap, email me privately and do not post publicly. Tina, hon, I emailed you earlier but since that email all has been worked out. loveyou!
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:22

I should be getting my partners baby this week. I have started on outfit using both her favorite colors. I got lucky finding the right material. Karen I just want to thank you for all your hard work you do here.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:31

thankyou! Debora!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 14:32

Thank you Karen!!~ Everyone else please forgive, my breakdown yesterday...... Ive actually got part of today off. My twins are helping out, so I can get a much needed break. I never let things get to me....I guess I just got seriously overwhelmed.
Cannot wait to get my baby going now!!~ I am sooooooooo looking forward to this :)
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 14:41

Hey, we all understand, Tina. You've taken on something most of us cannot even handle with one parent, let alone two parents and another family member! I'm glad you're getting a bit of a break, you deserve it. loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 16:18

Thank you!!~ and now you can say that there are THREE dream babies.....hee hee what lucky mommas :) I so can't wait LOL
Being at home, for even just a little while to cuddle my Malissa ( mousie) even if she is 13 is the best medicine I could ever have lol
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:52

That's fantastic news! I'm really glad everything has worked out for you Tina and you get to have some "Me" time this morning! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:03

babyblossom wrote:
That's fantastic news! I'm really glad everything has worked out for you Tina and you get to have some "Me" time this morning! bigsmile

nothingtoadd
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012 - 13:01

If we had mail today (Martin Luther King Jr. day) I'd get my swap kit in the mail. It'll probably come tomorrow. happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012 - 15:08

Same here rachael...this is driving me crrrrraaaaazzzzzyyyyy!!!~ hurrrry up already LOL lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012 - 15:30

lol Tina! This is so much fun though. I hope I can do the baby justice... oho
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012 - 18:51

You CAN!!~ and You WILL!!~ Rachael...you have to have more confidence....I was just facing the same thing. I know I can, and thats all I can think now. Whatever I have to do to make this beautiful baby....I am gonna do it!!~ No if's and or butts lol lol lol hee hee. oo oo guess what I got in the mail today???? O YEAH!!~ Time to start my partners baby :)
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012 - 19:09

I got my swap partner's kit, eyes, and body slip in the mail today! whoohoo Now the real fun begins! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012 - 19:12

Remember to take photos of your WIP along the way, too. That's the fun part for me! wink
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012 - 19:31

Oh Lucky you reminded us Karen! I was going to try make a start on the weekend wink
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 0:13

Karen wrote:
Remember to take photos of your WIP along the way, too. That's the fun part for me! wink

I love in progress pics of anything I create, so I was planning on progress pics. wink
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 2:20

Thanks so much for the reminder....I will definately get piccies to ya. gotta drive home tomorrow sometime to get my drill....and files. UGH!!~ Got everything else....just noth that stuff. hee hee
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 2:22

30 minute drive from moms house to mine.....lucky I can make the rounds ...gotta turn in time sheets, and run something to Markies docotr too...Ill kill 3 birds with one stone so to speak lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 9:51

I get to go home today! My shift is finished! My husband said Tuesday I received 2 boxes and 3 envelopes. I hope one is a baby. I hate being stuck at work for all of these hours when I know I have things waiting. On the positive side I had a couple hours down time the last 48 and I was able to cut out some of my wardrobe for my vampire babies.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 13:08

That's awesome you get to go home today Debbie! happyforyou! Great that you could utilize the downtime though!
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 15:55

Debbie, what kind of work do you do? I work in a group home E/O weekend (8am to 10pm Sat. and Sun.) and on call, plus babysit my grandkids during the week - it's hard for me to find time to reborn these days!

And I still haven't decided on a kit for the swap. eyeroll
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012 - 16:50

Janie I am an EMT I work 48 hour shifts and some 72 and some 96 hour shifts. I get very little time at home. I work on the ambulance and we do a nonemergency dr visit service also so when not busy with 911 calls we are busy with preplanned runs. I got my baby and she had her first bath and is air drying. I am so excited. I have to go back tomorrow. My next day off is Saturday. Wednesday and Saturday are my days off this week.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: names   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:09

I have a swap baby question and this may sounds stupid but who names the babies we reborn? Do we name them or send then nameless and the new mom name them?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:23

I look at it this way. Each kit comes with a name. If the new owner wants to rename the doll, then that's up to them. Some people like to rename dolls and some don't. I think a birth certificate without a name or just the name of the kit should be included with the doll, but I wouldn't rename the doll myself. I'd leave it up to the new owner. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Tiondra White Rapids
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Tiondra White Rapids

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:36

When I reborn I always rename baby when completed. However, before baby goes to new mommy I give them the option to rename the baby to put it on the birth certificate. The swap baby I did for Christmas I gave her a name because my buddy couldn't know who her baby was coming from.... If she changed it that's fine it's up to her but I didn't want baby to have the sculpt name since I now saw her as a different "personality". The swap baby I received, I liked the same the artist gave him so I kept it.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: name   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:38

Thank you so much I am sure I will think of more questions.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012 - 1:52

Karen wrote:
I look at it this way. Each kit comes with a name. If the new owner wants to rename the doll, then that's up to them. Some people like to rename dolls and some don't. I think a birth certificate without a name or just the name of the kit should be included with the doll, but I wouldn't rename the doll myself. I'd leave it up to the new owner. bigsmile

That's what I was planning to do.

Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012 - 0:00

I personally like to rename if the sculpt calls for it like if a sculpt has a boy name and when I finish reborning it and it turns out to be a girl I will rename ... some times the sculpt name fits perfectly .... I will send the certificate of birth with every one I do and if they change the name its really up to the new owner lol... Sherrrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012 - 15:23

I have always renamed all of my babies. ive never had a custom to do, so i never had the option to ask what name they would want. And I have probably sold just a handful of babies. I did rename a swap baby i did for someone on bountiful baby. it was a christmas name to go with the christmas swap theme. i like to rename the baby because it adds to it uniqueness. But if I like the kit name i sometimes keep it.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012 - 20:16

As I am working on this little one here...I cannot help, but see their little personality shining through. I definately don't like the "kit" name any more....LOL so this little one will have a new one, and if the mommy so chooses to, she can rename said baby!!~ whew!!~ got thru this without blurting out anything lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012 - 20:24

lol Tina! I think that's a good idea. Unless it was a horrible name, I wouldn't mind keeping the "birth" mom's name, if it suited the baby better than the kit name.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: name   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012 - 21:38

I know I do think the name for this one fits at all. I did not say anything wrong either lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012 - 21:44

You'd particularly need to change the name if the kit name was clearly boy but the baby ended up being a girl or vice versa. Some names are easy to switch over like Andi or Andy, Sam, Jamie, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012 - 1:25

hee hee not naming baby after mommy either LOL!!~ lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012 - 1:45

I meant the name that the "birth" mom picked, not her name! lol
Back to top Go down
Tiondra White Rapids
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Tiondra White Rapids

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012 - 10:40

lol nothingtoadd lol
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012 - 22:30

LMBO!!~ lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2012 - 21:41

Yay, I'm so excited, I finally had the day to myself at home and I got to start on my swap baby! happyhappy So far, swap baby has the neutralizing wash and baked. I'm waiting for the vinyl to cool and then I'll start on the actual painting. whoohoo
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2012 - 22:35

I'm all painted and spit bubbles and eyelashes. I need to root hair. Then put together. On yes and I so need to find a pretty day so I can take pictures to send Karen! Dang stupid weather and all those work hours. I am so hoping for a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2012 - 23:37

That's awesome progress! I really need to get going [faster] on my painting because I am s...l...o....w at rooting! lol lol But, I'm making good progress tonight! Now that the kids are in bed, I can get back to swap baby. hamsterdance
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2012 - 0:12

You will amaze us all I am sure
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2012 - 0:52

I sure hope so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next