R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap

Go down 
+24
hazel_may(Janie)
Barb(ozgirl)
tonya575
Lyndies*Lovies
Kim
SharonR
Tiondra White Rapids
Tinabloomfield
zaphy100
debora jenkins
ashtreemeadowbabies
sweetsherrie112
nightowlnursery
rebecca
With Love Nursery
Trish
passionatereborner
Orange_Grove_Nursery
babyblossom
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Lara
barbara
Lynknursery
Karen
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 18:37

Really? I didn't think it was that long lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 18:47

Yeah two weeks from now is January 3rd...
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 18:58

January 3 is 2 weeks exactly from today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 22:36

Oh the wait the waiting is killing me wink is it January 3rd yet ... man is time moving so slow .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 23:16

Do we have to wait until the 7th Karen lol? I am terrible at waiting lol worthy
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 23:16

Actually, sign ups go until the 6th of January, so we've got to wait until the 6th or 7th... eyeroll I'm anxious to get started! I keep eyeing things at the store and wanting to get them for the baby I'll create! happyhappy

Edit: Just saw Kym's response! The wait is killing us!! jumping
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:06

Well, we want to make sure everybody who wants to sign up has time to do so, don't we?
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:10

Yes (she say's with her head down kicking and swing her foot) ... I guess we should .... bigsmile Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:16

sweetsherrie112 wrote:
Yes (she say's with her head down kicking and swing her foot) ... I guess we should .... bigsmile Sherrie

Lol Sherrie! lol We're all impatient, but we'll wait. Like kids on Christmas Eve, we gotta wait for Christmas morning. angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:18

yeseree Miss Karen, we should wait but I'm not very good at it lol lol

I was always up while the stars still were on Xmas morning lol lol

My girls are no different so we are all exhausted on Xmas afternoon!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:27

My parents always made us wait until after breakfast and even sometimes until after chores were done. notfair
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:44

well we had to wait until christmas morning lol. wee hours of the morning but it was so hard to wait until then lol... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 0:47

Oh no Rachel, I bet you don't make your kids wait lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 1:10

babyblossom wrote:
Oh no Rachel, I bet you don't make your kids wait lol lol

The most waiting they do is they have to wait for Dad and Mom to wake up! (We're NOT morning people!) lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 10:37

Guess I was the lucky one! We always went to church for the midnight service and when we got home after midnight, Santa had already arrived so we got to open then! Guess my mom liked to sleep in. wink
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 19:19

Santa always left his presents in a sack at the foot of our beds, so we got to open them when we woke up but the rest had to wait till everyone was up and ready. Mind you that often occured quite early as we were busting with excitement from what Santa had left so we would wake Mum and Gran to share with them anyway. Dad was not around at that time, he came back to stay a few years later. Needless to say I knew that sacks in bedrooms was a failure to sleeping in so my kids sacks were under the tree. I just resigned myself to no sleepin on Xmas Day.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 19:48

Boy do I remember MANY sleepless Christmas Days!!! LoL And especially one Christmas, all 3 kids had the Chicken Pox ... my baby was only 4 1/2 months old, then a 5 year old son and an 8 year old daughter ... it was BAD! We had to cancel our "family" Christmas day with MY family because my Grandmother had never had them! It was so bad ... all 3 kids were awake off and on all night, with itchiness and fevers ... the good thing was they were so out of it ,they never noticed Santa was bringing out a little at a time to put under the tree!
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: pictures   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 20:27

Do you want the pictures of our babies attached here with our application or just post some some where else? I am a beginner but will hopefully be much better by the swap.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:14

debora jenkins wrote:
Do you want the pictures of our babies attached here with our application or just post some some where else? I am a beginner but will hopefully be much better by the swap.

Just attach the pictures to the application email you send to Karen with your answers.

Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 0:37

Anticipation is building, but it's only gonna get worse because once I get my person's name I'll be so eager for her to see her new baby!! happyhappy

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 Gmothersday4

Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 4:57

Try having to wait until December 28th to open presents! 1974 was the first year my husband and I were back in our home town in 2 years and I spent it in the hospital having my 2nd baby. She was due Dec. 7th, doctors said be ready at Thanksgiving, there's no way you'll go til the 7th.

HAH!!

My daughter was the first Christmas baby in Sacramento County, in 1974. And I had to wait til the 28th to go home and celebrate.

Anticipation is a great training ground for patience!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Tiondra White Rapids
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Tiondra White Rapids

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 10:09

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
My parents always made us wait until after breakfast and even sometimes until after chores were done. notfair

LOL my parents did the same thing!! The whole family would get together at my mom's house for a "Wrapping Party" and stay up til' 3-4am wrapping gifts (we were very spoiled). They would send us to bed with only music playing so for a long time we had no idea. Til one year my cousins and I conspired to find out what was going on (we had our talkies to talk)....I sneaked downstairs to take a peek and as soon as I looked my mom was right there and yelled "Get to bed!" Every year was the same, it was so much fun. Couldn't sleep a wink. I remember saying to myself why don't they go home! grrrr lol so to make it worse my brother and I were ready first thing in the morning but mom and dad were beat from the night before! So we would tip toe downstairs to see if Santa came and giggle our way back to our rooms. Then the wait was on..we would have to wait for them to wake up, wait for them to shower, wait for mom to cook breakfast, then wait till the dishes were done.

Oh man talk about anticipation!!!!

Did I and my ex-husband do it to our children???? OF COURSE!!! lol lol lol lol lol Still do! Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysweetpapoosrebornnursery.webs.com
Kim
Toddler
Toddler
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 10:15

I would so like to join in, but with my health problems at the moment I better not. The only reborns I have are the ones I made myself. Hopefully I can join in the next one. crybaby See I'm not dissapointed at all sad
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 19:06

Kim, I wish you could participate too but your health is more important right now and you need to get better so you can get back to making babies so you'll be 100% ready to participate in the next swap wink

Maybe we can organise a personal swap when you feel up to it? bigsmile
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 20:09

Lol I agree. I can't wait to get ny partners info so I can order a kit. I can't wait to see which kits I get to choose from :)
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 20:43

Kim sweetie its so good to see you post hon I hope your feeling a tad bit better hon .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: swap baby I did it   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 1:20

Ok I sent in my registration or what ever you call it! Now I am nervous, I will do my best but I so hope the mommy who gets mine will love it. I know I have everyone in their cradles/beds and my spare room is so empty. I so have to get Christmas over and get to painting again. I have my first ebook and am excited about making a baby with it and getting the next one.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 1:39

Don't be nervous, this is fun! happyhappy It's my first swap too. I think the key point is, if you can at all manage it, pick a baby from your person's list. That way, you know she already loves the kit. After that, just try your best, and everything will turn out fine! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 4:21

Well said Rachel - I totally agree! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: wips   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 21:27

Is a wip just the parts but not put together? head and limbs?
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 21:32

debora jenkins wrote:

No ... you buy the kit, reborn it and put it all together for the new Mommy and send clothes too ... send lots of goodies ... you will love it!!
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: ok   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 21:51

well she said in the rules first pics of WIP and later 2nd pics of WIP if you have it out together and rooted and all why is there another check point?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 21:56

debora jenkins wrote:

WIP stands for Work In Progress. When I ask for WIP photos, I want you to take photos of where you are at the time of creating the reborn for your partner.
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 21:57

debora jenkins wrote:
well she said in the rules first pics of WIP and later 2nd pics of WIP if you have it out together and rooted and all why is there another check point?
It's just a way for the organizer(s) to make sure everyone is on track ... or in some cases (mine quite frequently) on time. lol
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: wip   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 22:14

Boy is my face red now! Now that you spell it out it makes perfect sense. Thank you Karen. I was confused there. I have been reading about princess class. You know if one is offered I will take it and I will probably have to do my grand daughter one. She wanted to be Belle for Halloween and her mom could not find one anywhere so I made her one and last year I made the bosses daughter a snow white outfit, This would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 22:26

Deborah, the Princess class will start in September bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 14:57

I just saw this today and I'm planning on joining. My first swap was Christmas of 2010 and that was my third finished baby. Although I was a newbie for sure - I had the advantage of Lara's classes and what a difference that made. If I don't join the swap I will volunteer to make a back up baby in whichever category there is a need.

Lyn said it well about a person on not performing their best is the worst disappointment. I regard a swap as the best form of advertisement - if you send out a minimally done doll - that's will be what people think your work is.

Karen you have set out some great standards that will help this swap work well - the tracking is a great enhancement. I'd like to make a comment on the reselling agreement.

Karen said: "You also agree not to put the baby you receive in the swap on eBay or any other source that would profit you financially for the reborn you receive. You may, however, give it away or donate it to a charity of your choice if you simply cannot bond with the baby."

In order for a contract to be binding, it has to be legal and enforceable. I don't think anyone is planning on going to court over this. Nor would they be able to track whether someone sold privately. Rules need to be reasonable. I think that limiting the time period on when it can be resold would make better sense. So say, it would be considered an effrontery to sell before 18 months has elapsed from the time of receipt. After I used the word effrontery, I had to look up the meaning - shameless boldness - or in other words rudeness.

The other thought is that if you don't think the doll is very well done - who are you going to give it to? Someone who doesn't deserve a good doll? Can't think of anyone myself. So if you remake the doll into what you consider a nicer product, don't you deserve the reward of your labors?

Personally I agree not to resell any swap I receive. I also agree I won't donate a doll that diminishes the perception of the art of reborning.

Any thoughts on this from anyone? Sometimes I'm off base and need my thinking redirected .....
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 16:25

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people not to sell a swap baby they can't mesh with. Just because one person doesn't think it's "up to par" doesn't mean that a little girl or an older folk wouldn't just ADORE to have a reborn of any sort. Having said that, 10 years down the road, if your house is filled to the gills with reborns and somethings gotta go, I think it would be okay to sell some swap babies, but not for a huge mark-up...more like a garage/rummage/yard sale type thing. IDK
Back to top Go down
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 19:54

Karen did you get mine? I think I sent it but not sure!! IDK
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 19:56

tonya575 wrote:
Karen did you get mine? I think I sent it but not sure!! IDK
Sure did wink waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back there. lol
Back to top Go down
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011 - 1:57

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:07

Less than two weeks left! happyhappy happyhappy happyforyou! wave weeeeee! weeeeee! hamsterdance hamsterdance
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:12

Yay, come on 2 weeks happyhappy whoohoo
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:14

It can't come fast enough for me lol.....Sherrie
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:15

We are like kids on Xmas Eve waiting for Santa lol lol
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:17

bigsmile Yep lol.... sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:21

You know it's going to get worse come the end of April when we're waiting for our deliveries! happyforyou! happyforyou! happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 22:24

Oh yea really stress out then lol... sherrie
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 23:21

I am sickie.....but so very EXCITED...I cannot wait to see who I get eeeeeeek!!~ whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011 - 23:47

Sorry to hear that Tina, hopefully you'll be all better by the time we find out who our Mother's Day swap parter is and what kits are on their wishlist wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next