R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Class Sale question

Go down 
+11
ashtreemeadowbabies
Poppy
passionatereborner
Groovyday
loretta
babyblossom
Orange_Grove_Nursery
With Love Nursery
sweetsherrie112
Karen
Lara
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When would you like a sale?
Dec15-Dec 25 Christmas Sale
Class Sale question - Page 2 Color108%Class Sale question - Page 2 Color10
 8% [ 3 ]
Dec 26- Jan 3 School Break Sale
Class Sale question - Page 2 Color1072%Class Sale question - Page 2 Color10
 72% [ 28 ]
Doesn't Matter- Either one
Class Sale question - Page 2 Color1010%Class Sale question - Page 2 Color10
 10% [ 4 ]
Wouldn't take advantage of the sale
Class Sale question - Page 2 Color1010%Class Sale question - Page 2 Color10
 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

Class Sale question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:52

WAIT ... Question ... would you HAVE to take all 3 classes within that short amount of time??
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:54

babyblossom wrote:
Linda you could buy the Peaches and Cream Ebook and Lara has Native American Indian and Asian classes coming up in the new year wink

Classes are fantastic. They go over everything! Lara posts a lesson 6 days a week and you can choose to do the lesson every day or do what I do and wait until most of the lessons are posted and work at your own pace. I am a night owl so it works out well because I reborn when lots of ladies are on the forum.

Okay so it's just there and you can do it whenever in the day you are available?? That sounds like it would be great! I would do the Native American class ... and then whatever ... it's just all so new to me!!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:56

Classes are left up on the forum for at least 6 weeks and then students in the class get the eBook free so you can continue working at your own pace and be able to replicate the palette again for other kits. Before I became a moderator, I'd ignore the class section until at least a week went by then I'd do more than one lesson a day. A lesson is designed to be about 45 minutes of painting time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:58

Karen wrote:
Classes are left up on the forum for at least 6 weeks and then students in the class get the eBook free so you can continue working at your own pace and be able to replicate the palette again for other kits. Before I became a moderator, I'd ignore the class section until at least a week went by then I'd do more than one lesson a day. A lesson is designed to be about 45 minutes of painting time.

Okay ... I got the BB premixed paints, I am guessing that I would need single colors of genesis to mix up different colors, right?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:59

passionatereborner wrote:
babyblossom wrote:
Linda you could buy the Peaches and Cream Ebook and Lara has Native American Indian and Asian classes coming up in the new year wink

Classes are fantastic. They go over everything! Lara posts a lesson 6 days a week and you can choose to do the lesson every day or do what I do and wait until most of the lessons are posted and work at your own pace. I am a night owl so it works out well because I reborn when lots of ladies are on the forum.

Okay so it's just there and you can do it whenever in the day you are available?? That sounds like it would be great! I would do the Native American class ... and then whatever ... it's just all so new to me!!

The classes run at different times. One class every 6-8 weeks, so you have plenty of time to complete your baby for each class. They very rarely overlap at all. At you work at your own pace when you have time to do the lessons.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:02

I love the princess idea, that will be fun!! Stoete kits would be great too happyhappy
Back to top Go down
ashtreemeadowbabies
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
ashtreemeadowbabies

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:08

Lara wrote:
I think we decided on having this class in September...so it's far away, yes, but will give everyone time to get costumes together. I am thinking to do a fair complexion with the strawberry and cream look. Snow White is ideal for that (so I'll take her! lol) but really any would work. The ethnic princesses would not work for this class, unfortunately. But you can also consider Princess Fiona or even Mulan would be fine with lighter skintone. Real Effect has 2 different vinyls. Their newer one is lighter. I would prefer a lighter vinyl to start with, to make the complexion easier to achieve. The Dolls to Love is more neutral. Stoete has very light peachy vinyl, and so does Dolldreams. I doubt that Linda would give us a generic discount on all her kits, but maybe she would if we limited it to a certain sculptor. Stoete kits, I can get wholesale, so we can of course get those at a nice price...say $75 for them. So, I think we should decide between Stoete, Dolls To Love (with would be $99 through Sandie) or Doll Dreams $65-$85.
Thoughts?
yay ! great class ! i was thinking stoete kits too so if we got those could we order from you Lara like you are doing with the American Indian class.............. the kit and class combo ?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:13

passionatereborner wrote:
Karen wrote:

Okay ... I got the BB premixed paints, I am guessing that I would need single colors of genesis to mix up different colors, right?

The colors we mix end up being pretty close to the BB premixed. I started classes with the premixed and little by little I built up my individual colors so I could mix my own. Two colors you should have that is not from the BB premixed set is Burnt Umber and Yellow ochre. Those two colors are used in almost every class.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:14

Yes Linda, you will need some other colours too but there is a great chart on here somewhere that tells you how to mix colours. I'm sure Karen could find the link for you - she is a wizz at that! wink

That way you could buy the minimum amount of colours you needed to mix all the others you don't have yet wink

Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:17

The Genesis basic set will do a lot. Titanium white, burnt umber, genesis red, genesis yellow and blue. From those colors you can mix nearly every single color. The link is down in the Genesis Paint mixing section.
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:25

Thank you ALL for all of the information! You ladies are a wealth of information! Hope you know just how much it is appreciated!!

worthy thankyou! worthy thankyou! worthy thankyou! worthy thankyou!
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 22:30

Ok I vote for Stoetes also but I love Bell from shoot I can't remember lol.. I can see the yellow dress ... Oh yea Bell for me ..
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 22:34

Belle is from Beauty and the Beast. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 22:35

That's it lol... I was sure someone would know lol.... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 23:03

But, if you're going to enter the contest, you shouldn't say which princess you're going to do. wink

Last edited by Orange_Grove_Nursery on Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 23:30

Oh ok lol.. I will have to change it up again lol....pick something else .. I did like others as well lol.. Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 23:53

(Or you can just change your post so she's not mentioned...the class won't be until September, I think Lara said. We might forget what you said!) wink
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 0:15

yep i agree we sure might just forget what we said but I more then many as I have a bad memory anyway lol... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 9:36

There are going to be duplicates and triplicates. There's no way we'll only have 7 or 8 ladies entering the class. It really doesn't matter who says what at this point. wink
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 14:41

It's true. But, Ariel wears a couple different dresses, Cinderella has a couple dresses (and the rag dress, but I don't think anyone wants to do that one), Belle has quite a few dresses even though the yellow one is the most princess-ish, Aurora (sleeping beauty) has the main princess dress that can either be pink or blue. But, even if the dresses are exactly the same, the princess herself and the surroundings she's going to be posed in will be completely different.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:38

Lara, I hope it's alright, but I compiled a list of Disney Princess pictures and listed pretty much every fair skinned princess in each dress she wears. Snow White and Cinderella have rag dresses, if anyone is interested in those, I can find pictures. I also linked to the online store for ebooks and classes, to make it easier for anyone interested in them.

http://orangegrovenursery.blogspot.com/2011/12/disney-ladies.html

Sine my PM box is filling up, if anyone wants to ask about gowns, ideas, or to commission me to make their baby's costume, email me at jrorange @ charter . net (take out the spaces). Like Karen said, there will be duplicates, but each baby is going to be unique, so don't worry if someone may have taken your idea. wink I'll also try to make any duplicate costumes slightly different.

Last edited by Orange_Grove_Nursery on Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : URL messed up)
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:50

Okay who is Megara and who is giselle?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:55

Karen wrote:

Megara from "Hercules" and Giselle from the animated/live action "Enchanted"
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:58

Oh, I should also point out that the majority of these gowns have necklines that don't really work for reborns. I can either raise the neckline or include a peach color insert or shirt (whichever is more appropriate) like I did for my family's Aladdin-themed costumes in 2010: http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2011/01/halloween-pictures.html
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 17:00

That's really cool Rachel, thank you! I was just thinking that about the necklines, they are all lower and on the shoulder. Hmmm, now I have to think about which one to do bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 17:09

I thought maybe this would inspire someone. bigsmile

Class Sale question - Page 2 Babies
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 18:25

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Lara, I hope it's alright, but I compiled a list of Disney Princess pictures and listed pretty much every fair skinned princess in each dress she wears. Snow White and Cinderella have rag dresses, if anyone is interested in those, I can find pictures. I also linked to the online store for ebooks and classes, to make it easier for anyone interested in them.

http://orangegrovenursery.blogspot.com/2011/12/disney-ladies.html

There is also this dress for Giselle:
Class Sale question - Page 2 6507208269_d5c0595763
Class Sale question - Page 2 6507208205_5d824f7470

which would definitely need a flesh colored shirt underneath!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 18:31

Thanks Rachel and Becky. That's great info! bigsmile

I'm sure there'll be duplicates and I don't envy you Rachel making all the costumes lol lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 18:43

Yeah, I didn't think that Giselle dress looked very "princess-ish", but it is hers, so I guess I should have included it.

EDIT: I've updated my blog post with that dress, and I also included Cinderella's and Snow White's rag dresses.

Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:53

Well, Cinderella was in rags before she became a princess!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:59

A lot of the girls aren't technically princesses, like Alice or Giselle, but I thought to create a broader range of choices, I'd include them too. Technically, Cinderella didn't become a princess until she was wearing the wedding gown at the end of the movie, and Belle never was a princess -at least in the movie, I'm assuming she and the Prince got married later...?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 20:03

It might be a bit of a stretch away from Princess, but there's always Mary Poppins:

Class Sale question - Page 2 Mary-poppins-image-by-walt-disney

Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 20:07

I don't think it would matter if they weren't princesses as long as they had that same pale complexion. There may be some ladies who won't dress their babies as princesses IDK

My baby will be dressed up for sure though bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 20:09

I think the dressing up will be what makes this class that much more fun! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 20:21

I totally agree Rachel bigsmile

So looking forward to this class happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 21:44

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Karen wrote:

Megara from "Hercules" and Giselle from the animated/live action "Enchanted"

That's awesome, Rachel. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011 - 22:08

No problem. I'm a super huge Disney fan, especially the Princess movies (I grew up wanting to be a Disney animator), so I thought it would be helpful if I compiled a visual list. hamsterdance
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:38

Is the fair skin/princess class going to be in September? I'm guessing the class sale will be next week then?

Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:55

Yes, and yes! Karen and I are working on an updated class schedule, and will get that out and on the website soon.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:58

Awesome, thanks Lara! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: skintone   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 21:29

I don't know if anyone would go for it, but a possibility could be a monkey and vampire skin tone class...seems a lot of people are making vampires/pale skinned character babies...?

I would love to have this class. I have bought a Quinton to do just this thing with a vampire baby

Last edited by debora jenkins on Sun 25 Dec 2011 - 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 22:00

OK, the sale is starting on Dec 26th or 27th...whenever Karen can get it up. It will run through Jan 3rd....sort of yeah the kids are out of school sale. whoohoo
Please be sure to take advantage of the special by Jan 3rd. After that....it will be GONE! bigsmile

Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 22:35

Lara wrote:
OK, the sale is starting on Dec 26th or 27th...whenever Karen can get it up. It will run through Jan 3rd....sort of yeah the kids are out of school sale. whoohoo
Please be sure to take advantage of the special by Jan 3rd. After that....it will be GONE! bigsmile

Not only gone, but I'm not going to allow Lara to make special exceptions, either! Yes, the Warden is in da' house!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 22:39

Karen wrote:
Lara wrote:

Not only gone, but I'm not going to allow Lara to make special exceptions, either! Yes, the Warden is in da' house!

Oh, you go girl!!! worthy
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 16:58

Karen wrote:
Lara wrote:
Karen wrote:
I vote Stoete and no fair you take my choice!! ROFL!!
She's Angie's favorite! How could I not choose her?

How many 49 year old women has the cartoon on DVD and does not allow anybody to watch it besides herself? Snow White is MY favorite, too! lol

That's too funny. Snow white was my first choice too. She's my favorite as well and think she would be beautiful with her porcelin skintone lol.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011 - 23:10

There can be more than one Snow White. wink
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 18:43

Okay ... I was going to read ALL of the post again ... but I don't feel like it LoL
HOW MUCH will this Class offer cost? Is it $40 each class so $80 for 3 of them?
If anyone would look at my clothes I have for sale ... I would love to take advantage of this but I would have to sell some of the items I have for sale in the FOR SALE Area ... I posted a new Carriage Boutique Smocked Romper in there a few days back and I still have some awesome clothing available that would be adorable on your Babies ... so IF I can get enough things sold, I will take advantage of this Class Offer
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING IN ADVANCE ... Hopefully I will be able to join in!!

worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy worthy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 18:59

All classes are $45 so the sale will be 3 classes for $90.
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 19:03

Karen wrote:
All classes are $45 so the sale will be 3 classes for $90.

Oh okay ... not sure where I go $40 ... you never know with me! LoL I am just a crazy lady!! LoL
Thanks so much!!
And we have to pay next week, right?

kuckoo-crazy kuckoo-crazy kuckoo-crazy kuckoo-crazy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 19:48

Sale ends the 3rd of January bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Class Sale question
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next