R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Newborn Class

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

Question about Newborn Class Empty
PostSubject: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 15:32

Was wondering in the part that says blushing and eyelid purple for the blushing why do we need to take a sponge and pounce with the paint but not on all the vinyl? Where do we do it at? Also why do we do that if we still go back and blush? I am confused on how and where to do this part?????? Please help! Thanks oho
Back to top Go down
florax

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:06

i believe the eyelid purple is only for the eyelids... u don't want to pounce it all over your doll.. you'll get a purple baby :)
I'm following the same tutorial right now :)
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:13

Ok hon let me see If I'm understanding you here your asking why you pounce paint on just the eyelids and not on all the different vinyl parts. is that right ..

the reason for blushing so many time's is because you are building up the texture of the skin making it look real to your eye the reason for the pouncing on the eyelids is to give just a very slight color change not a super color change you want to build everything up slowly so you get that real baby look... I'm sorry your confussed and if I didn't help you with this I will try again .. I will go and read the blushing part again to see If I can understand where your missing it... I hope this helps just hang in there I will try and help you through .. sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:16

I am lost because if you do it with the beryr markers and you will blush then why do you go and do the part where it says you just ponce here and there but why if you are going to be blushing im lost on all that. not with the eyelid purple
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:22

Ok sweetie can you tell what tutorial your following I have them all and what section your lost at let me read over it quickly and then I can help you better... sherrie
Back to top Go down
florax

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:24

I don't really understand what you mean :(
But you have to build up the colors by painting/pouncing many different layers.. even if you already blushed your doll... doing it with the berry maker first and after that if you apply a layer of blushing again, with a sea sponge/kitchen sponge, it will give the skin a different look... I just gave my doll a few layers of flesh.. and also blush layers in between :) like it says in the tutorial, I'm doing the newborn class.. are you on lesson 4?
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:25

Thanks for all the help you are giving me. I am lost from lesson 4 on. I am looking at the newborn one
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:45

Ok I think I'm understanding lol. your talking about the mottling and what you do is paint some on the vinyl part and use your berry marker brush to remove what you put on the reason for this is again a slow build up to your texture this first blushing is just that a first layer to texture the reason you go back over this with a cosmetic sponge is to lighten some areas so the color doesn't stand out and not to have to much texture .. you don't want to pronounce the texture all over the peice just in spots that is why you lighten it with the sponge you don't really pounce it hard just very lightly .. and only in some areas.. it really depends on what you like if you like it pronounced then you can omit the part with the sponge... I hope this helps sherrie
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:54

Sherrie....Thanks a bunch but also i'm talking about after the mottling where it says blushing and the eyelid i know what to do for the eyelid but i dont understand why you pounce all over if you are going to be blushing like the knees and all that. It says to add blush to the sponge and pounce and do it to where it is uneven you dont want it to be even
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptySun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:55

and then also where it says to do it with the household sponge i am lost on those things cause why would you pounce everywhere if your gonna be blushing
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010 - 16:48

your just pouncing in more color to keep bringing up the color slowly that is why you keep doing it lightly you put on a very light layer then bake it then pounce a layer again it bring out the colors this way and it will make your baby come to life if you would like to call me hon I would be happy to go over everything with you It may be easier to understand that way ... My number is 270-505-3611 truelly I don't mind at all I really do want to help you with it... if you would rather I call you just send me your number in your email address and I will be happy to call you and help you through ... my email addie is sweetsherrie112@gmail.com Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010 - 18:34

Yes, it is many different layers and each layer will go in different spots. This will add edepth to your skintone, so it does not look flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Newborn Class   Question about Newborn Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Newborn Class
Page 1 of 1