R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap

Go down 
+24
hazel_may(Janie)
Barb(ozgirl)
tonya575
Lyndies*Lovies
Kim
SharonR
Tiondra White Rapids
Tinabloomfield
zaphy100
debora jenkins
ashtreemeadowbabies
sweetsherrie112
nightowlnursery
rebecca
With Love Nursery
Trish
passionatereborner
Orange_Grove_Nursery
babyblossom
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Lara
barbara
Lynknursery
Karen
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 18:42

Oh I just had a dumb moment lol. I forgot my other email addressed is linked to my phone. That's what I sent the email from. I've been checking the wrong email lol. lol ok I got it Karen
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 18:59

lol Yeah I get confused for like 30 seconds when I get emails from your phone. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 19:48

I'm just about done with my swap baby woohoo.... about 3inchs more to root then all done .. woohoo .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 19:57

Yes mine is in the rooting stage also. One outfit selected, still not sure on the other one yet. I will be ready on time. wooohooooo.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 22:56

I haven't gotten much rooting done. Since my husband started his new job, they've been keeping him on 1st shift. I'm used to 2nd shift where I sit on the couch after the kids are in bed and root. Lately, we've been going to bed shortly after the kids. If we stay on this schedule much longer, I'll HAVE to root while the kids are still up. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 352822
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 23:08

Well I'm happy to say I have just finished and I'm so so so happy lol..... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Mar 2012 - 23:15

I need to start rooting lol
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Mar 2012 - 1:58

I was so excited - had all my rooting supplies packed up with my head and was ready to get a good start rooting yesterday, out on my BF's deck in the sun, with the beautiful river view - love it! Took my puppy and drove out there. (I'm at work now - been working every weekend this month - last weekend I worked 46 hours straight through! affraid So I have to MAKE time for the BF too!). When I got to Tom's I took my baby's head out on his deck - the weather has been incredible - and got a really good look at her out in the bright sunshine. Not happy with her skin coloring for her hair. eyeroll Or without her hair for that matter! She needs another wash or two. And I thought the light in my kitchen was so good - it IS good!!!

tantrum I wanna root NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Mar 2012 - 8:20

Is it me, or is it always do easy to root the back of a head? It seems like the top and sides of a babys head always take me forever. But, once I get past the swirl, its all down hill from there. I can root the entire back of a head in one sitting. Close to about 2 1/2 hours.
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Mar 2012 - 9:47

My forever rooting it the top of the head once I finish that I can root the side and back in a very short time most of the time two day's if I keep working at it .. . Top of the head a week lol. Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Mar 2012 - 20:36

I dunno, it all takes me forever to root! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 430621 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 134448 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 74474 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 74474
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012 - 12:20

I just ordered my baby's rebirth certificate. If anyone is interested in how I make my rebirth certificates, I create them off of walmart.com. I use their baby greeting cards. added my photos of my baby and then typed in the text for all the baby's info in the spaces they provide. Its cheap and very professional looking. It only cost me 62 cents. I usually get 2 one for the new mommy and one for my record book. Today I purchased 2 rebirth certificates and 22 printed photos. With Shipping it only cost me $5. I have always made my rebirth certificates this way. If anyone is interested you should give it a try! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012 - 12:23

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
I dunno, it all takes me forever to root! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 430621 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 134448 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 74474 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 74474

Dont worry Rachel, it takes me about 2 months to root an average newborn head! Thats why I can never enter into Lara's Class contests. I never make the deadline lol and i dont ever want to rush my work in order to get finished.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012 - 20:56

With Love Nursery wrote:
I just ordered my baby's rebirth certificate. If anyone is interested in how I make my rebirth certificates, I create them off of walmart.com. I use their baby greeting cards. added my photos of my baby and then typed in the text for all the baby's info in the spaces they provide. Its cheap and very professional looking. It only cost me 62 cents. I usually get 2 one for the new mommy and one for my record book. Today I purchased 2 rebirth certificates and 22 printed photos. With Shipping it only cost me $5. I have always made my rebirth certificates this way. If anyone is interested you should give it a try! bigsmile

Great tip - I'm gonna check it out! I have a printer now, but maybe ordering them is actually cheaper.
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012 - 12:54

Ohhhh I can't wait to send my baby to its new mommy! I'm so excited! Right now, baby's laying in my bassinet in my room all comfy! But Im excited to send them off to their new home to be loved and cuddled :) hurry up April!!!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012 - 15:23

uhoh! I made a boo-boo I went to hit reply and for some reason Nightowlnursery's post disappeared!! Anyway, what I was going to reply was to her..

Shannon, I hope you took final completed pics for the last check in in April before boxing her up. wink
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012 - 17:07

Karen wrote:
uhoh! I made a boo-boo I went to hit reply and for some reason Nightowlnursery's post disappeared!! Anyway, what I was going to reply was to her..

Shannon, I hope you took final completed pics for the last check in in April before boxing her up. wink

Sorry Karen, I erased because I realized I had forgotten pictures and was not so done as I had thought! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012 - 19:14

nightowlnursery wrote:
Karen wrote:

Sorry Karen, I erased because I realized I had forgotten pictures and was not so done as I had thought! LOL

Oh whew!! I thought it was my blunder! lol
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 14:20

Any swap babies change sexes after rooting? Some of mine have had a tendency to do that - after I run out and buy their first outfits! eyeroll
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 14:28

Yep I've had a few do that to me...Always happens ... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 14:45

I sure hope mine doesn't! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 352822
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 15:52

hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
Any swap babies change sexes after rooting? Some of mine have had a tendency to do that - after I run out and buy their first outfits! eyeroll

Thats whats so hard with requesting a specific gender lol. What if the person you are swapping with wants a boy but the baby looks alllll girl after your finished? I guess you dress it as a boy and if they would rather it be a girl they can change it lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 18:30

My person doesn't have that problem because I said "either boy or girl". I figured the baby will "tell" her what s/he is. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 44677
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:34

My Christmas 2010 swap baby (Nina Legler) was supposed to be a girl... at least I hadn't made a girl belly plate! wink

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 NinaFinishedCrop

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 Swapbaby3a
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:37

He's cute!!
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 4:13

He's cute!!

Thanks Rachel. bigsmile

Rooting... tweezing... rooting... broken needle, again... swearing... rooting... tweezing tweezing... rooting...
Trying the 43g crown and 43g forked... liking my old 42g forked best, but with Alpaca I seem to be doing a lot more tweezing. eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 9:46

Alpaca is so fine, it's easy to get more hairs than you intend. I usually spend more time tweezing than anything, but I can't get the smaller gauge needles to grab for me. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 430621
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 11:08

Alpaca is so fine, it's easy to get more hairs than you intend. I usually spend more time tweezing than anything, but I can't get the smaller gauge needles to grab for me. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 430621

If you turn the needle a fraction, you'll get fewer hairs. wink
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 11:55

I must not be doing it right because if I turn the needle a fraction I get nothing. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 134448
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:48

I must not be doing it right because if I turn the needle a fraction I get nothing. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 134448

Me too. Gave up and went back to my 42g forked (my comfort zone wink ) and just going much slower than I usually do - and tweezing much more than I usually do. I haven't rooted with Alpaca since probably 2009! It is much more "fly-away" than I remember. eyeroll My Indian baby may not make the contest deadline. Nothing new there. tantrum
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:53

Root the swirl and the front of the hair, and fake the rest for the contest pics! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 163660 Yeah, I'm worried about my Native American too, because I have to have my swap baby 100% rooted by the end of April. affraid
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012 - 17:02

I haven't even started painting my Indian baby! sad But my swap baby is coming along nicely. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012 - 17:15

hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
I haven't even started painting my Indian baby! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 571757 But my swap baby is coming along nicely. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 44677

I haven't either, so don't feel bad. My main focus is the swap baby because it just wouldn't be fair to my partner if her baby wasn't ready in time.
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012 - 17:23

Ditto here lady's lol ... I have finished my swap baby but I'm still rooting lol. so Hopefully I can get to paint by monday with any lucky .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012 - 17:39

Well, guess I'm a little ahead of the game. Rooting swap baby now, painted and rooted Indian baby.......all is well......oh yeah and did two customs in that time. BUT, I know I have a lot more time than most of you to do things. wink
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2012 - 14:41

Oh, its going to be a sad day for me when I have to ship my little one out! Even my mom said she wishes I could keep em'. I hope the new mommy will love this little one as much as I have. I am truly going to miss em'!!! crybaby But I am excited at the same time because I think she will be happy bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2012 - 16:30

I can't wait to see the baby you created, I'm sure s/he is adorable. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 44677 I can't wait to see all the babies! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 37678 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 37678 Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 37678
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2012 - 12:54

Me either! I love seeing box opening pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 20:54

Do more rooting... or start my taxes... or do more rooting... or get some housework done... or do more rooting... or take a nap! (I do the overnight shift tonight, and tomorrow I do a double shift including the overnight). What should I do? And where does all my time go?!!! IDK
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 21:06

ROOTING! If I can shake this migraine, that's what I'll be doing in about an hour when the kids are tucked in bed! Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 44677
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 22:24

Rachel, I hope you can shake the migraine! prayer They suck!!! I used to get them before I had my ovaries removed (with hysterectomy), and now my daughter gets them. They are genetic. sad

My neurologist wants me to try botox injections for my headaches affraid and my insurance approved it, but I'm dragging my feet big time. I don't know why I'm being so wierd about it - in 2007 I eargly had brain surgery in part to try to get rid of the headaches. I was willing to give up my driver's license, which would have meant losing my job, to stay on my Gabapentin (luckily I have gotten past most of the dizziness) which has helped a LOT. This is the best I've felt in 5 years - but I don't remember what "normal" feels like and my neuro is hell bent on getting me there. IDK Hello! I'm missing part of my skull and C1, my neck muscles have been rearranged, and I have cow parts in my head! How am I ever supposed to feel "normal" again? Bless his heart - I just love him! loveyou! Just don't know about the botox...
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 22:31

Thanks Janie. I think my migraine is partly because I've been looking down at reborn parts for the last 3 days (trying to catch up in the NAI class!) and also hormonal. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 467885 I really didn't feel up to painting, but I really need to get it done. So, I'll probably sit and root or at least try. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 594282 I gotta have this baby's head rooted in about 2 weeks for the final pictures and travel to his/her new home. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 89726
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 22:55

When is the earliest for shipping if shipping overseas? Wouldn't want to ship it too early and get growled at.......... lol
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 22:59

hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
Rachel, I hope you can shake the migraine! prayer They suck!!! I used to get them before I had my ovaries removed (with hysterectomy), and now my daughter gets them. They are genetic. sad

My neurologist wants me to try botox injections for my headaches affraid and my insurance approved it, but I'm dragging my feet big time. I don't know why I'm being so wierd about it - in 2007 I eargly had brain surgery in part to try to get rid of the headaches. I was willing to give up my driver's license, which would have meant losing my job, to stay on my Gabapentin (luckily I have gotten past most of the dizziness) which has helped a LOT. This is the best I've felt in 5 years - but I don't remember what "normal" feels like and my neuro is hell bent on getting me there. IDK Hello! I'm missing part of my skull and C1, my neck muscles have been rearranged, and I have cow parts in my head! How am I ever supposed to feel "normal" again? Bless his heart - I just love him! loveyou! Just don't know about the botox...

Omgoodness! I feel so sorry for you! I thought I had it bad with migraines. I cant imagine having to go through surgery and everything to get rid if them! I get migraines at least once a week. Seems like they come in clusters though. I get one after another and then I go a period without any. I feel like I practically live off of excedrine migraine. I am going to the drs next week for a complete physical to see where my health.
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 23:01

Thanks Janie. I think my migraine is partly because I've been looking down at reborn parts for the last 3 days (trying to catch up in the NAI class!) and also hormonal. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 467885 I really didn't feel up to painting, but I really need to get it done. So, I'll probably sit and root or at least try. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 594282 I gotta have this baby's head rooted in about 2 weeks for the final pictures and travel to his/her new home. Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 89726

Rachel, I haven't even started the class. I could kick myself. I just havent had it in me to get going! And this was the class I was super excited about lol.
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 23:17

With Love Nursery wrote:
hazel_may(Janie) wrote:

Omgoodness! I feel so sorry for you! I thought I had it bad with migraines. I cant imagine having to go through surgery and everything to get rid if them! I get migraines at least once a week. Seems like they come in clusters though. I get one after another and then I go a period without any. I feel like I practically live off of excedrine migraine. I am going to the drs next week for a complete physical to see where my health.

Stephanie there is also another form of headaches called cluster headaches and they are worse than migraines. They are also often called suicide headaches as sufferers often complain they are that bad they would rather be dead. My dad and sister both suffered from them. My sister did end up suiciding (not just because of the ehadaches though) and Dad threatened once to the point my grandmother rang me to get there asap and I met him at the doctors and filled the doc in on his threat. His are so bad that the tablets he is on for them are supposed to have a break after 6 months, dad cannot take the break, he is on the tabs continually. Mention it to your doc so he can take them into consideration as a possibility. They also are not covered on the PBS scheme so Mum pays full price for them each month, and being old age pensioners that is not an easy thing to do, but for the sanity side of things and to prevent the headaches it is something that is a must not a luxury and has to be paid out regardless of the cost.

I get migraines to the point I am on a preventative drug (Sandomigran) that I take 4 of each night. If I miss so much as one night's dose the migraines break through. They also have a side effect of weight gain but I would much sooner the weight problem than the headaches. I can sew clothes to fit much easier than getting rid of the headaches. When I do get a severe migraine it can last for days at a time so naturally I do anything I can to prevent that happening.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2012 - 23:41

With Love Nursery wrote:

Rachel, I haven't even started the class. I could kick myself. I just havent had it in me to get going! And this was the class I was super excited about lol.

Stephanie - my words exactly! I was so excited for this class and I haven't even started. I feel so lazy, but I know it's my meds.

When I had my surgery I was ready to die. I couldn't take it any more. I have Chiari malformation type 1, which causes a "Chiari headache" and I also get headaches like anyone else (probably more prone), so sometimes I have more than 1 kind of headache at the same time. Bummer. The worst headaches I've ever had (SHOOT me - NOW!!!) were when I had a cerebral spinal fluid leak. Happens every time I have a spinal tap. My medical alert info says no spinal taps! (among lots of other things)
www.conquerchiari.org

Gotta get ready for work. Will have iPad with! yeseree
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2012 - 1:09

I used to get migraines a LOT when I was 27 years old...took the doctors a full year to discover I had a pituitary adenoma the size of a baseball....and it took my eye doctor to find it. A week later I was having surgery...just passed my 15 year mark last month. I still get them now and again....and they scare the crap out of me. Ive been getting them more frequently, so I asked the doctor to test....nothing. soooooooooo they asked if I have been to the eye doctor? ummmmmmmmmm nope. not for the last 4 years. How in the heck can I forget that....three reasons. Mom, Dad, and Mark,LOL!!~ Well it was time, and for my youngest also, because she has failed an eye exam. Malissa has an astigmatism in both eyes, and she is seeing 20/25 which is not hugely bad....but she does need glasses. Farsighted, like me....... now ME on the other hand....have to trade in my single vision glasses....for multifocals......what the heck? Ive been blind all this time??? LOL.. Anywhoo...they think the headaches are coming from my eyes straining, especially with me reborning right now. They say I will be able to see better with the multi focals...to see regular distance....long distance......and close up. I feel OLD!!~
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2012 - 2:23

Ahhh, yea, I'd get a little freaked out too! Did they remove the tumor through the sinuses? Doctors thought my daughter had a pituitary tumor (prolactinoma) 12 years ago but all tests were normal.

I have the no-line bifocals. wink
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2012 - 18:27

They were planning on opening up the back of my head.....BUT. they did, take out my sphenoid sinuses to get to it. It was supposed to be a 2 hour operation that took 5 because they lost me twice on the table....due to what they were afraid of....and that was....that the tumor was attatched to my spinal cord. I have an 8 inch scar on my leg....because they had to take bone, and muscle tissue, to plug up the hole left after removing the tumor. 1996 was NOT a good year for me. I thank God every day, that I get to remain here on Earth with my hubby and my children....there isnt a day that goes by, that Im not thankful. I am also blessed, that even though I was told...I would NEVER be able to have more children, that my last one was born in 1998 :) She was sent straight from Gods arms to mine :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap   Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring/Mother's Day Baby Swap
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next