R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!

Go down 
+41
Dianne1227
julieanya
kimberly_tracy03
annies bonnie bairns
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Janice Croft
smiley10_6
Dollswest
Pastel Prints
Lyndies*Lovies
Blossoms_and_Blessings
SharonR
PamelaG
Poppycat
passionatereborner
babesinbloom
debora jenkins
bearysweethearts
dking
Nori
paloma
With Love Nursery
Poppy
Denise
rebecca
Cherie Ann
zaphy100
littlebabies480
Orange_Grove_Nursery
mybabygirlsky
Dodie's Baby
nascargrammer
Joy Franklin
Monique
Karen
babyblossom
Lynknursery
sweetlilangelsnursery
ashtreemeadowbabies
April
Lara
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:21

Thanks!!!

Which kit was it? I seem to have forgotten, lol.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:32

It was just any of the Cradle kits that were available at the time. A lot of people chose Andi or Bethany.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 5:07

Thanks Rachel. I have all the classes for this year, but haven't done much of them since my husbands death in October. Just didn't feel the same about reborning or anything else after that. I am still having trouble dealing with it, but hope I soon am able to get right back into reborning like I used to be. The last kit I did was Teddy, and I only started rooting him/her this week and am almost finished.

After seeing the new classes for next year, I think I will have to rethink what kits I use for which class, of the many I already have.

Thanks again Rachel!!!
Back to top Go down
julieanya
Toddler
Toddler
julieanya

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 5:56

Hi,
I am totally new on here!
Could you tell me how the classes work and how I would join please.
I would quite like to learn how to do olive skintones.
xxJuliexx happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 12:54

julieanya wrote:
Hi,
I am totally new on here!
Could you tell me how the classes work and how I would join please.
I would quite like to learn how to do olive skintones.
xxJuliexx happyhappy

Hi Julie,
Welcome to REAL. The first thing to join a class is to purchase it from http://realreborn.net/cart under the Online class section. Then, once you purchase it, you will be added to the class group where you will see the lessons posted right here on this forum. Classes stay up for 6 weeks and is work at your own pace. There are sections to ask questions about each lesson. At the end of the 6 weeks, there is a class contest. You do not have to enter it, but if you want to, you must be using the class kit for that class, otherwise you can use any kit you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 0:07

I am interested in knowing which kit Lara, and everyone else, is thinking of using for the Vamplings class. I am torn between BB toddlers and other kits. If you care to share your choice, I would really appreciate it.

thankyou!

PamelaG
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 0:14

I'm still not sure if I'm entering the contest or not, so I don't want to give away what kit I'm using and therefore give away which baby is mine for the contest. I am making a second vampire at the same time (one of the non-obvious kind) and I'm using Tory.

New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 Tory

I'm making Edward Cullen with it:
New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 Edward

Oh, and if anyone needs specialty eyes, Safrin Doll is a great place to find them! http://www.safrindoll.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=22mm+red&x=0&y=0 I got my vampire's eyes there, my Edward's eyes there, and my Lt. Commander Data's yellow eyes there. New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 44677
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 1:22

I'll be using Tibby and Punkin. Just choose whichever kit you think would work best for what you want to do. If you are wanting to make big gory fangs, I'd suggest a kit which has a slightly open to open mouth. If you just want little fangs, then you can use a closed mouth kit. If you want no fangs, well..you see where I'm going. Just choose what you think would work best for what you want to achieve.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 4:38

I totally understand, Rachel. I think that Tory will make a very good "Obvious" Vampling, though not sure of your intent. I am thinking of doing 2 as well, but both the "Not so Obvious" Vamplings. I just hate seeing babies made up like that!!! Just my opinion, but I think it is everyones own decision what they see their kits as. I love babies so very much, I just can't see me making a "gory" Vampling at all!!! LOL!!!

Looking forward to the class though, and it might just change my mind, but I doubt it, lol.

Thanks for answering me. bigsmile

PamelaG
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 4:48

Thanks Karen. I have Tibby too, as well as Taylor and Tessa, and plan on using one of them along with a smaller kit, just have to decide which one. I think it will be Taylor for the toddler Vampling because Tessa is pouting and I only have 1 Tibby and definitely see her as a sweet, adorable toddler. I still am unsure about fangs even on the "Not so Obvious" baby, but will see how the class goes and if it changes my mind, lol.

After almost a year of not reborning, Teddy was the last one I did, but I am just now finishing up rooting him/her. I have gotten tons of kits though, so have a lot to choose from for the Vampling Class.

I really am anxious to see what Lara has come up with, and isn't it you, Karen, that is making the more "Obvious" Vampling? Can't wait to see what you both come up with. I think that might help with those of us who are undecided about doing baby Vampires. I think Taylor has the right look for one, and when she was on sale, I got 2 each of her sitting and standing so my Mom can do one if she likes, and also to do just a "normal" toddler.

Also looking forward to doing Khylah for the Olive skinned class too, the first class my Mom is going to do with me, and my first class I bought and am actually going to do WITH the class!!! I so want to get back at it again!!!

Thanks and cannot WAIT to see all the pretty babies and the Vamplings of all variations!!!

bigsmile

PamelaG
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2012 - 13:35

I'm making all "not so obvious" vampires with mine (like the Twilight vampires, Tory will be Edward). I just can't see making gory vamps either, but gory isn't my thing.

PamelaG wrote:

I totally understand, Rachel. I think that Tory will make a very good "Obvious" Vampling, though not sure of your intent. I am thinking of doing 2 as well, but both the "Not so Obvious" Vamplings. I just hate seeing babies made up like that!!! Just my opinion, but I think it is everyones own decision what they see their kits as. I love babies so very much, I just can't see me making a "gory" Vampling at all!!! LOL!!!

Looking forward to the class though, and it might just change my mind, but I doubt it, lol.

Thanks for answering me. New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 44677

PamelaG
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Toddler
Toddler
HeavenlyCherubsNursery

PostSubject: New Class Schedule   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2012 - 1:01

I'm looking forward to the Vampling class too! I'm using Raine, but now that I think about it Tory would be a good choice for a second vamp baby. I agree, I don't like some of the obvious gruesome vampire babies like several I've seen on Ebay : o Doing that to a baby is just .... disturbing!! By the way, Rachel, your Shao is darling : )

Susan
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenlycherubsnursery.com/
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2012 - 3:50

OK now I'm confused. I thought obvious vampire meant it was gonna have fangs and not so obvious meant it wasn't going to have fangs. I guess I don't know what an obvious vampire means then.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Toddler
Toddler
HeavenlyCherubsNursery

PostSubject: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!    New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2012 - 4:10

I think by obvious they mean exaggerated features - big fangs, blood etc. I want mine to look like a vampire but with subtle vampire features. I could be wrong but that's how I took it : )

Susan
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenlycherubsnursery.com/
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2012 - 5:22

Dianne1227 wrote:
OK now I'm confused. I thought obvious vampire meant it was gonna have fangs and not so obvious meant it wasn't going to have fangs. I guess I don't know what an obvious vampire means then.
Dianne

HeavenlyCherubsNursery wrote:
I think by obvious they mean exaggerated features - big fangs, blood etc. I want mine to look like a vampire but with subtle vampire features. I could be wrong but that's how I took it : )

Susan
Obvious vampire means when you look at the baby you can tell its a vampire right away. Not so obvious means its very difficult to tell its a vampire, although you can tell its not quite a normal baby. Whether you choose to put fangs on or not is up to you. You will be taught to sculpt and add fangs.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2012 - 1:43

What product do we need if we do decide to make fangs? I have been looking at sculting products and see there are different kinds, like sculpy clay, different colours, and liquid sculpy too, to name 2. What would we need for the things we may need in classes, like fangs, fairy ears, umbilical cords, teeth, etc.?

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2012 - 11:28

PamelaG wrote:

What product do we need if we do decide to make fangs? I have been looking at sculting products and see there are different kinds, like sculpy clay, different colours, and liquid sculpy too, to name 2. What would we need for the things we may need in classes, like fangs, fairy ears, umbilical cords, teeth, etc.?

thankyou!

Translucent Preemo is the best for teeth but you can also use white sculpey. Liquid sculpey is more of a bonding agent than a clay.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2012 - 12:18

thankyou! Karen!!! bigsmile

Now I have another question!!! I know it isn't for awhile, but I am interested in the Airbrush Class as well, but have no idea what tools are needed, or other supllies that go with it, or where to get any of it. Could we see some pics and get more information on this so we can start getting these things for that class, please? I like to be prepared well in advance whenever possible, bigsmile .

thankyou! once again!!!!!

PamelaG
Back to top Go down
jennyk
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Jul 2012 - 9:41

I have not taken a class yet because I work so much that I did not think I could keep up, plus I felt I would drive people nuts with questions since I still have a hard time matching my LDC colors to follow a Genesis tutorial. However, I really want to take the Little Vamplings class and have some questions.

1. Is there still room in the class?
2. Does Lara show pictures of the colors she is using so I can see what color I am supposed to mix?
3. I really will have to start my baby about 5 days after the class starts or load everything up and work in my hotel room because I will be traveling for my job. I guess with LDC I could do that if I need to. But can I still take the class if I cannot be here much at the start?
4. Am I supposed to pick a baby sculpt or a bigger one?
5. Since I do not bake can I still make and attach the little fangs? I don't want a gory horror movie baby, but I think I would want to make those little teeth.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:01

jennyk wrote:
I have not taken a class yet because I work so much that I did not think I could keep up, plus I felt I would drive people nuts with questions since I still have a hard time matching my LDC colors to follow a Genesis tutorial. However, I really want to take the Little Vamplings class and have some questions.

1. Is there still room in the class?
2. Does Lara show pictures of the colors she is using so I can see what color I am supposed to mix?
3. I really will have to start my baby about 5 days after the class starts or load everything up and work in my hotel room because I will be traveling for my job. I guess with LDC I could do that if I need to. But can I still take the class if I cannot be here much at the start?
4. Am I supposed to pick a baby sculpt or a bigger one?
5. Since I do not bake can I still make and attach the little fangs? I don't want a gory horror movie baby, but I think I would want to make those little teeth.

Thank you!

1. Yes there is room.
2. Yes, pictures of the colors are shown
3. You have 6 weeks to complete baby so its work at your own pace.
4. Any BB kit you wanna do if you want to enter the contest at the end. If you don't want to enter the contest then any kit you want, can be baby, preemie, toddler, whatever your heart desires.
5. There are air dry clays also if you do not want to bake.
Back to top Go down
Brookelea

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012 - 15:18

I'm really interested in the Strawberries and Cream Disney Princess class. Where is it being held? Is there a particular kit that you will be working on? Please, more info. This would be my first live class.
Back to top Go down
Brookelea

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012 - 15:24

I'm just so confused IDK I notice the fairy class and the princess class are both on October 1. Are they online classes or workshops? What is the fee for the classes. I would really love to come to a workshop. HELP!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012 - 16:09

Brookelea wrote:
I'm just so confused IDK I notice the fairy class and the princess class are both on October 1. Are they online classes or workshops? What is the fee for the classes. I would really love to come to a workshop. HELP!

The fairy class was last year. The princess class(advanced strawberries and cream) is this year. The class is online and held right in this forum. Lara does have two more workshops this year. One is in Ontario, Canada the beginning of September and the other is October 5 and 6 in Alabama. You can find out all the classes and workshops and eBooks Lara has to offer at http://www.realreborn.net
Back to top Go down
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 2 Nov 2012 - 11:42

Hi. I had just signed up and am new at reborning. Are there any classes that are scheduled or could you recommend any good videos? I prefer those than ebooks (no offense. Just lazy at reading :-) Have Denise Pratts' and Secrist's The Art of Newborning Advanced Classroom DVD but am not satisfied and other dvd's are sooo pricey. Would like online classes wherein we can interact and ask questions on real time and at the same time show the instructor and our "classmates" our work for critiquing, which would be cheaper than attending classes on location ;-). Thanks for your inputs.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: AIR BRUSH CLASS KIT?   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Nov 2012 - 3:00

I have the kits for November class, but want to now which kit(s) are being used for the Air Brush class. I know it is the new soft vinyl by Sheila Michaels, but is it only Victoria and Henry that are eligible? I don't think I have heard of any other soft touch vinyl, but want to get the kit asap before I forget.

Thanks for any input!

Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Nov 2012 - 10:35

Unless another one gets released before then, then yes, those two are the only ones. wink
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:01

PamelaG wrote:

I have the kits for November class, but want to now which kit(s) are being used for the Air Brush class. I know it is the new soft vinyl by Sheila Michaels, but is it only Victoria and Henry that are eligible? I don't think I have heard of any other soft touch vinyl, but want to get the kit asap before I forget.

Thanks for any input!

Pam, So far those are the only 2 soft line vinyls. I'm sure there will be more, but just don't know when.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!   New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Class Schedule!!! NEW 2012!!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5