R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(

Go down 
+7
CuteAsAPixie
hazel_may(Janie)
angelicbundles
stonehillnursery
Lara
sweetsherrie112
Poppy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( Empty
PostSubject: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010 - 22:23

I am very sad today and been crying for most of it [url=http://www we have just found out that our 2 year old dog Murphy has a large bladder stone. He has been wetting inside for a couple of months now and we thought we hadn't trained him very well, but in the last week I could tell he wasn't just being naughty, he started bleeding as well and it was as though he couldn't hold on. So he stayed overnight at the vet and they rang today and said he needs surgery. The only problem is that it will cost $850 which we do not have as we are virtually broke at the moment. I am so upset. My hubby isn't as close to Murphy as I am because he stays at home with my daughter and I every day so hubby thinks we should have him put down. He will also need the special vet biscuits for the rest of his life and they can't guarantee he wont get the stones again, so that will be another expense. I am trying to figure out what we could sell to raise the money and there are a couple of things but not enough and he needs the surgery next week. I just can't imagine saying goodbye to him, he is one of a kind and has such a sweet nature .... notfair
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010 - 23:45

Oh hon I'm so very sorry ... wish I could give you some words of wisdom.... I hope you find some good new ... sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 1:16

Oh no! That is terrible! I hope your able to figure something out!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 8:10

Oh, I am so sorry!!! What ended up happening yesterday. Did you reach a decision? This must be so difficult for you. My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( 571152
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 12:35

oh I am so sorry, can you give him to a rescue group so he can be saved? My son works at an emergency veterinary clinic and sees cases like this a lot.. best of luck to you in your very hard decission..
hugs to you in this difficult time.
Carmen in nj
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 19:36

Thanks ladies - well Murphy came home last night as we have the weekend to think about it, so it was really nice to see him again, he was so excited to be home. The vet has said that he will allow us to pay 50% of the cost next week and then pay the rest over 2 months, which is a lot more achievable. So hubby and I have agreed to give this surgery a go if we can raise the 50% deposit but if the bladder stones comes back again then we will put him down then as it may just keep coming back the rest of his life. The vet said that it is a concern that he is getting bladder stones when he is only 2 years old, so they will send the stone over to the USA to be tested. We are not sure how much his special vet diet biscuits will be yet, but the vet said it will be expensive. So we have some things for sale on trademe and I am really hoping we will get enough. I also wondered if anyone here would want to buy my ethnic Shyann. Her name is Keisha and she was reborned by Debs Angel Babies (who is one of our top NZ reborn artists) on 23rd March this year. I am asking $380US for her plus postage from NZ (not sure what that would be). Debs has given her paisley arms and legs as they suited her better than the Shyann ones, she comes with the outfit she is wearing and also another outfit, I think she is just gorgeous. She has pretty blue eyes and a lovely thick head of hair. I am very sad to sell her, but I am sure she can find another lovely mommie to love her just as much ....

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( P8271255-1

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( P8271258-1

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( P8271264-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 20:20

oh big hugs :(

My Mum and Dads dog has exactly the same problem, she has had surgery three times for it and is on the special vet diet food as well, Mum said she costs about $18 a week to feed ( small dog, silky terrier sized) and she is on half a can of the wet food and half a cup of dry food. She got it again the last time because my parents are big softies and gave her normal dog treats and people food.... they wont give her anything now! no bones etc either so more dental work will be needed. The 1st time she had it she was 6 months old, then 19 months old, last time was 8 years old ( she is 9 now)

Is your dog a good drinker? Cassie isn't, mum has to try make her drink.

$1.85 per 370gram tin= 2 feeds 1/2 can per day
$71 for 4.5 kg dry food = .88 cents a day 1/2 cup per day

hth

hope your fur baby can be saved, was so sad when Cassie went through this. lol I swear she gets better treatment than us!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 21:29

Oh wow, thank you for the information - that was young for Cassie to get it at 6 months! I was hoping it wont cost more than $15 per week for his food, so if it's similar to your dogs food then hopefully it wont be. He is the size of a bichon, so a smallish size. Murphy is a good drinker which is great, he is also a real scavenge and steals food all the time, so it will be hard to keep the treats and human food away from him, he just wants to eat all the time, even my daughters toast crusts. He jumps on the dining table when we aren't looking and eats off the plates! Little monkey. Thanks again, good to hear everything is going well for your Cassie, hopefully she wont need surgery again.
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 21:43

Hun I'm sending you lots of hugs prayers and thoughts that things go perfectly. I'm so glad the vet is working with you on this. I can't imagine....my furbaby is the love of my life and I think I would die if something happened to him. He just brings me so much joy so I know how upset you must be. Bless your heart. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptySun 29 Aug 2010 - 22:49

Sarah, I'm so sorry about Murphy! I hope he only needs the one surgery! Let us know how he's doing. I sure hope you can swing the vet bills. Poor Murphy! :(

Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptySun 29 Aug 2010 - 23:07

Sarah.. I am joining the rest of the fur lovers. I hope it all ends up well. I know you have your hands full with your daughter and one on the way.... Sending prayers your way!
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptySun 29 Aug 2010 - 23:57

oh poor murphy. My daughter has a Yorkie that had the same thing happen. She has been doing extremely well since her surgery 2 years ago. She too is on the special diet and we try very hard to keep her from getting people food or the other critters food. We were blessed in the fact that our wonderful vet is also a very close friend we still payed a large sum but not as much as it might have been if we weren't so close. Prayers for you all. God Bless
Back to top Go down
lindalou
Crawler
Crawler
lindalou

PostSubject: get well fur baby   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 0:03

I know this is hard to go through, My moms dog a male, had this surgery . to help pass any more stones he may get he had a sex change, and squats. he is a dalmation and is fine for years. best of luck! prayer Lindalou
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 5:33

Thanks so much ladies for your thoughts and best wishes thankyou! that's interesting about your moms dog lindalou, our vet said they had performed a sex change on a dog that kept getting recurring stone problems, but that the operation was terribly expensive, so I think they've only done it once. Our auctions to raise money are doing quite well so far, we are about halfway to getting enough for the deposit, so hopefully we will get there. thank you for your support and prayers loveyou!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 9:15

Is this something common to male dogs or a particular breed????
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 13:17

it is not gender or breed specific. Not sure what the cause is but my daughters dog only weighs 3 pounds soaking wet. so size is not it either.
Praying your auctions go to top dollar for you.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 16:34

Hi Sarah
My little yorkie mix Rusty who I had 16 years had bladder issues and had stones and had to have a huge surgery also. He did well, and never had other issues. We didn't do the special diet thing as he wouldn't eat it.....so we all started eating foods higher in acid so that when he would get a snack from us he would get higher acids thus altering the blood chemistry so he wouldn't have enough calcium to form other stones. Must have worked...he lived 6 years after the surgery to the ripe old age of 16. He finally died of everything else wearing out,his heart and lungs etc. But he peed well right to the end.

Now....you are not to tell me no.....you are not to tell me to mind my own business....and you are not to refuse what I ask of you! DO YOU HEAR ME??

What is your paypal address or your other address? I wish to buy an interest in Murphy. I can't send the whole amount because we don't have it either.....but I would like to buy a 1/2 interest in his surgery or 40 dollars worth. I don't want a doll or a night shirt or an anything that I would have to have room for or dust. I want a stake in Murphy cause I have fallen in love with him and I have prayed and cried for him since this all started a few weeks ago.

I expect a return email with all that information so that we may get Murphy back home soon after his surgery. Now you may not refuse!

When Rusty was so sick and I thought dying with his stone, and he was. Our vet did the surgery, did his care etc. and wouldn't even discuss payment because at the time my daughter was getting married, one son was in the hospital with osteomyelitis, and my mom had died just 6 mo before and we were still dealing with her bills. Paula just said that someday something would come up in my life and I would know what I would need to do, and then I was to do it!
This couldn't be any more plain to me than if I got hit over the head with a baseball bat! Same problems, doggies that looked alike almost........NOPE this has been waiting for 14 years to have a conclusion.

I need your paypal please.
You may not PM me to refuse......but you may PM with your address.
I love Murphy....
Joy
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 16:42

God Bless you Joy. Yes you need to send her your info so she can do this. I do believe that you are robbing Joy of a blessing if you refuse to let her send you what she feels she is suppose to do. God bless you both and hope to hear of a great out come for Murphy
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 17:31

The vet said to us that usually female dogs get them, but I think they can get rid of them without surgery easier and it tends to be the smaller dogs that get them more?
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 18:45

Awwww, Joy, we have the greatest friends here on this forum! God uses us all around the world for people we've never met!
God bless you,
Terri
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:58

OMG OMG OMG I AM so sorry!!!!!!!!!! I made a huge mistake, it was a total mistake.
Oh POPPY.....I am so sorry! The screen I have cut off the right margin of the messages. I read that his surgery was going to cost 85 dollars!!!!!!!!!! NOT 850!!!!!!! I feel so bad!!!! I don't have 425 dollars! I have 50 dollars! Murphy can have my 50! The only reason I caught it was I was thinking how cheap Australian vets must be! When a light bulb went off! And I checked..........
I can't apologize enough, and I am going to go hide under a rock and I am in tears because if I only had it I would pay for the whole thing.
Well, at least I made a fool of myself in public....why should this beany different than any thing else in my life............I cannot apologize enough.....I hope you don't hate me.....or think me some kind of weird mad woman....well the last is probably true.....but I have good intentions even if I clumsy about them.

So.....please take my 1/9th interest in Murphy's health......please.......and maybe we can all have a Murphy REAL car boot sale on line! I think that would be fun.......
love and apologies again and hugs and kisses to Murphy
Joy Franklin
the idiot
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 23:21

Joy, what a blessing you are. Poppy, I sent you a pm the first night I read about it requesting to Paypal you a small donation and have not heard back from you. Please allow those of us who can to help you and Murphy! Someday it may be us on the other end of the stick. We do not want ANYTHING from this other than helping Murphy get better. Please read my pm and respond if you will allow me to make a small donation. God Bless. grouphug
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 17:55

Ohhhh my goodness Joy and Pam, I am only just reading your posts about offering to give a donation for Murphy and I am just stunned at your kindness!!!! Even your offer of $40 Joy is just amazing, and I am sooooo tempted to politely decline as I feel terrible receiving money from other people and I am sure that you are finding times tough at the moment as well. And Pam - I am so sorry, I have just double checked my inbox and there is no message from you?? I'm not sure where it has ended up? I am struggling a bit with your offers as I have never known such generosity. You are both such beautiful people and I am moved to tears loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 19:01

Sarah.......this is a big lesson time for you. accepting real generosity and gifts, that are given without strings of any kind, is a huge step in growing up. People in religious life struggle their whole lives realizing that salvation was a totally FREE gift given to each of us.....the first step in growing sometimes is to be able to receive. I know it is much easier to give. I can give until I have nothing left and never mind a bit. But, I find it terribly difficult to accept a gift. I always want and need to counter back.....and that denies the giver the gift of acceptance.

Say yes.....give Pam and I your address and then forget it. If you have to remember it then do something later for another puppy somewhere or? You will know......I am just so sorry that my screen doesn't pick up the last 2 or 3 letters on the end of a line on this forum! I know it must have hurt.....and I never wanted that to happen ever.

You'd better hurry up and do this before I and probably Pam find something totally not needed to spend our saved stash on.

love to Murphy and hugs all around to you all
joy
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 0:03

My first thought when reading about Murphy was that maybe Bountiful Angels can help, then I thought, no, because the money is needed right away. But you will still have the other half of the vet bill to pay, and Bountiful Angels CAN help with that! Just recently someone offered a full kit to Bountiful Angels (I won't mention your name unless I have your permission), and I will match that donation with another complete kit from my own stash (trust me, I have a stash of kits - just ask Lara!) If we can get two volunteers to reborn these kits for auction (ANYBODY???), we can pay a good portion if not all of Murphy's remaining vet bill. If we can get 2 people who want to buy these reborns as custom orders and put a deposit down, we can get some of the money even sooner.

Anyone want to help me out here? We can do this! dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 3:18

If that isn't the HOly Spirit or Wisdom or the Goddess of the like minds or whatever telling us to go for it.....then I don't know what to believe anymore! You are all so wonderful and so generaous and such a positive group of women to know! Thank you for letting me be part of something here!
I cannot reborn with sour apples....YET......I am going to be able if it is the las t thing I do, but to be honest at the moment my skills cannot be used here. I can make the baby you creat something to wear or to be wrapped in.....that I can do and do rather well. If someone else wants to do that then I can do something...just tell me what and I will do it! OK I think we have things and ducks and all our little ducks in a circling pattern ready and willing for takeoff for finding the rest!~

So.....let's reconvene say at 4 pm or so my time..that would be 1 pm in California. And midnite in Iraq...somethings just don't ever get forgotton so why try so hard? lol..... OK......

See ya here with ideas and contacts having been made and a first and temporary plan for the MUrphy Dam UnBlockage Aunties and fund raising circle.
Nite
Joy
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 5:37

Oh wow ladies, you all just warm my heart so much and bring such a smile to my face - I never even considered that anyone would be able to help me with Murphy, I just wanted to post about my sadness that I was feeling and share it with you all, not really thinking that you would all share the sadness along with me. I am so lucky to have met such a beautiful bunch of women who would do such a kindness for someone they haven't even met. I still don't know what to say, you are all truly amazing and I feel very overwhelmed. Poor Murphy was peeing straight blood today and it made feel sick to see it, but we have scheduled him in for surgery on Friday, which seems a long time away when he's so unwell. I'm sure Murphy would send all his aunties his love if he could, I will make sure I tell him tonight how lucky he is and I will thank God for such kind people as yourselves who care so much for us thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(   My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-( Empty

Back to top Go down

My lovely furbaby might have to be put down :-(
Page 1 of 1