R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment

Go down 
+2
sweetsherrie112
With Love Nursery
6 posters
AuthorMessage
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment Empty
PostSubject: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 11:54

When packing your babies up how do you protect your babies eyelashes? I am packing my swap baby and am concerned about its eyelashes getting messed up in the shipment. I wrapped it in bubble wrap so hopefully it will be okay. I dont know why I am so worried about this now, I have never really thought about it before. Does anyone have any special way they wrap their babies? I would love to hear them bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:05

wrap a baby pamper around the head one or two then wrap up in bubble wrap .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 15:03

I usually trim the eyelashes enough that they don't stick out very much. (Too long of lashes to me look doll-ish) I wrap baby in a blanket (not too tight around the face), tie with a ribbon, and then wrap with bubble wrap.

Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment Jack02

Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment Jack04
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 18:13

Something to consider is where you are shipping baby to. If its very warm, you may want to skip bubbles and glossy eyes because I've had babies arrive to me in the summer here with gloss running down the sides of the face like it had been crying. I"ve often worried about the glue on my lashes not holding up but I use the mod podge now and it doesn't seem to melt as easily as some of the glues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 20:33

I used mod podge for my baby's hair, but didn't know if it would work for the lashes, so I used Tacky glue. How does Tacky glue hold up to heat? I don't use gloss on eyes. In fact, I rarely use gloss at all.
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 20:47

I wrap my reborns for mailing as Rachel described. I have had bad luck gluing eyelashes here in dry hot Arizona. Tacky glue, Mod Podge and any white glue will not hold the eyelashes, the glue just gets very dry. So I know this sounds brutal but I now use Crazy Glue for eyelashes and they stay in like a dream. If I can root the eyelashes, I do that instead. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:02

The little hairs on the back of my neck stood up when you said Crazy Glue, Barb because I tried using that for my Harry Potter baby's eyelashes (I hand rooted them) and it wasn't pretty. Maybe I'd have better luck with false lashes and Crazy Glue...?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:04

Hummm, I just had a horrible thought. If Tacky glue and Mod Podge don't hold up to heat...should we be using it to seal the hair on the inside??? affraid
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:12

I have been doing as Sherries suggested for nearly 2 years now with my babies. I had one bub gt blue from tissue paper in transit and ever since I have made sure that nothing can touch bub's face. I know the diapers are not cheap but neither are our babies so it is worth wasting one to protect the face in every way.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:37

Karen wrote:
Something to consider is where you are shipping baby to. If its very warm, you may want to skip bubbles and glossy eyes because I've had babies arrive to me in the summer here with gloss running down the sides of the face like it had been crying. I"ve often worried about the glue on my lashes not holding up but I use the mod podge now and it doesn't seem to melt as easily as some of the glues.

Oh no!!!
I always gloss my eyes and I would have never thought that would happen. Thats something I will have to consider now.
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:47

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Hummm, I just had a horrible thought. If Tacky glue and Mod Podge don't hold up to heat...should we be using it to seal the hair on the inside??? affraid

Rachel, I think the white type glues for sealing the hair on the inside will hold up fine over time. The inside of the head isn't exposed to the dry air. I think it might be considered toxic to use a great deal of crazy glue on the inside of the head! affraid And can you imagine going to the ER, trying to explain how you accidentally glued a doll head to your hand with crazy glue! lol
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:49

Groovyday wrote:

Rachel, I think the white type glues for sealing the hair on the inside will hold up fine over time. The inside of the head isn't exposed to the dry air. I think it might be considered toxic to use a great deal of crazy glue on the inside of the head! affraid And can you imagine going to the ER, trying to explain how you accidentally glued a doll head to your hand with crazy glue! lol

lol haha Im sure they would talk about you all night at the er. Ohhhh goodness... how embarrassing lol They would think I was mental if I had a realistic baby head stuck to my hand. My brother already tells my 2 year old nephew that I chop bad kids up and shows him my painted baby limbs
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012 - 22:10

lol That's funny, Stephanie! Brings back memories of things my brother did to some of my dolls! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012 - 9:49

Hot and dry is much different than hot and humid. I live where its hot and humid so things don't always dry completely. Tacky glue doesn't hold up well in humid conditions but I haven't had a problem with mod podge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012 - 11:19

Good things to keep in mind. It gets hot and humid here in Michigan during the summer, so maybe it'll be Mod Podge for me too. I'm guessing E6000 will withstand quite a bit, but it stinks so badly.
sad
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012 - 14:04

Good things to keep in mind. It gets hot and humid here in Michigan during the summer, so maybe it'll be Mod Podge for me too. I'm guessing E6000 will withstand quite a bit, but it stinks so badly.
sad

Yes, E600 is awful smelling! Its not good for you to breathe in either. I think it says on the label, theres a cancer warning. I dont use it except for my magnets, which I rarely put in my babies anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment   Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment Empty

Back to top Go down

Protecting Babies Eyelashes in shipment
Page 1 of 1