R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rooting Eyelashes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011 - 14:44

I guess this could go under the micro rooting ebook or middle eastern ebook. I have been working on my middle eastern baby for at least 4 months now. I am almost finished rooting him. I plan to root his eyelashes as well. I have never rooted eyelashes before and this will be the first time that I try. My question is, does it matter if the hair you root with is super straight or can it be a little wavy? I dont have straight hair to match the mohair that I have rooted the head with. I was wondering if I could use the same hair I rooted the head with to root the eyelashes too. Its not super curly but its not straight either. Not sure if it will work or not and I would love to hear opinions to those who have experience in rooting eyelashes. Also, the hair I rooted with was from Hunnybuns.Although Its a little courser then slumberland which is super fine, it was really easy to directionally root and my swirl has turned out great! Is it better to root with fine mohair when rooting eyelashes though?

Update! Good news! I finally finished rooting my head tonight. I am really happy with the results and am so happy I took Lara's Micro rooting class! That class has helped me improve rooting soooo much! Here is my second attempt at a swirl and I have to say, I couldnt of done it without taking Lara's class! Thanks Lara!
Rooting Eyelashes Finishedrooting

Last edited by With Love Nursery on Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 1:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011 - 14:52

The mohair you have done the head in will be fine for the lashes. They are combed straight anyway so its not a big deal. Just be very careful to keep the hairs close together without them overlapping. You may need to use your tweezers to pull some strands out once you are done. When you get them all in, brush them straight down(sleeping kit) or straight up(awake kit) with damp water and let dry. Then tease up the hair off the vinyl and trim to length.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptySun 20 Nov 2011 - 0:05

Ok, rooting eyelashes sounds like the easiest thing to do, but I am having the toughest time doing it. Ugh, my poor me/ethnic baby is finished rooting, I just need to root eyelashes. I really am not liking the ones I rooted and think I'm going to pull them out and try again. Does anyone have any tips?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptySun 20 Nov 2011 - 1:57

Did you see the tutorial I put in the tutorial section? Is there anything in particular that the tutorial doesn't cover that you would like a tip on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptySun 20 Nov 2011 - 5:49

Oh no I would have to check it out. Didn't really think about that thankyou!
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011 - 1:55

I am late getting in on this post but will be glad to give you my oppinion on the lash, It really doesn't matter if the hair has curl as long as you get a even space in between and like Karen mentioned try to stay with a single hair even though its always nice to have a tweezer handy in case. Usually when the hair is trimmed for a lash length it want have the curl anyway but a good tip is to trim along the way of rooting each one to get a uneven cut so its more natural looking, it makes rooting nicer. I am still learning on the do's and don'ts which works best for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Sponsored content

Rooting Eyelashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting Eyelashes   Rooting Eyelashes Empty

Back to top Go down

Rooting Eyelashes
Page 1 of 1