R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

question about Genesis Paint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smallcoin
Toddler
Toddler

question about Genesis Paint Empty
PostSubject: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 19:54

I[size=24][size=18] have never painted with anything but Genesis Heat Set Paints, and It seems as if I have always had this problem but sometimes it seems more often , I know its me and not the paints I am just not sure how to correct it, so I need you
Ladies to tell me what I am doing wrong, while I am Painting it seems as though when I try to make it as light as possible I see nothing the if I try to make it darker it always ends up to much paint, baby either ends up very Pale or too much paint
it seems as though when I am putting the paint on it seperates and after the thinner flashes there is nothing left, I don't understand, Can someone help me please
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 20:26

Hi ,I'm sorry you are having this problem. Are you using your 1/2'' mop brush ? Most of our applications we use 1 or 2 brushes of paint with 1/2 tbsp. of orderless thinner depending on how dark or light you want your color. The darker you want your color/shade you add more thin layers and build your color up slowly to the desired color. When painting or building up your color or layers you can add 2 or 3 applications of paint when using the same color making sure to bake before adding any more. One brush of paint is coating both sides of brush lightly, do not scoop.  Sometimes added with a touch or two of a different color . A touch is lightly tapping the tips of your brush so a small amount sticks to your bristles.  Could you post some pictures for us to see. I am assuming you are talking about GHS paints sense you said you have only worked with GHS.

Last edited by bearysweethearts on Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:26

Is your question about Genesis or Air dry paints? Sometimes it helps to actually see someone paint in person, if the ebook or pictures do not help. I know there are videos on you tube that show mixing of paints, or maybe one the DVD's might help you, so you can see it being mixed and applied.

Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 9:49

What are you using for thinner? Sometimes it can be that....
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 2:29

I have found...that lighter is usually better anyway...do more layers...

If you see a color in your ramekin, dish, etc...it will TRANSFER to the vinyl...the kit willpick up the color too!.

For me, less is better... I just go slow and do more layers. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about Genesis Paint   question about Genesis Paint Empty

Back to top Go down

question about Genesis Paint
Page 1 of 1