R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Native American ebook paint color question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

Native American ebook paint color question Empty
PostSubject: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 9:44

Hello Ladies!

First of all I am really enjoying this place, you guys are awesome & I'm learning so much with the ebooks!

I have a Sandy Faber Maggie Mae kit I want to do the Native American on. What would you call her coloring, is it neutral? I do not have the color quinacridone magenta could I use the quinacridon crimson 01? How would I modifiy it or would I have too.....

Hugs!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 11:53

anyone
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 12:10

Do you have a pic of the blank kit so we can see the vinyl color? I can send you some of the paint color, if you need it.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 12:21

well I think that you would want to mix your two basic colors to get a close likeness to magenta and not use the crimson01 as it usually turns out to cure into a deep redish over time... you are wanting to add only some pinkish into your undertone of the dark flesh, try doing this,,, I am assuming you are into your second layer of flesh at this point so if you will get a bowl and just mix up the mix of genesis red, baby flesh #2 BB flesh, and just a tip of a brush of pyyroll purple and see if you come up with a color that looks like magenta... then incorperate it into your flesh 05. You should see barely a hint of a under tone of pink but at the same time the shade of flesh is darker.... Just a work of caution, check with the color chart on here to see what mix is used her for the magenta, its a key in this step... dont use it on the palms of hands or bottoms of feet during this step either... hope this helps.... wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 12:26

Lara wrote:
Do you have a pic of the blank kit so we can see the vinyl color? I can send you some of the paint color, if you need it.
nothingtoadd
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 12:59

This morning while waiting for a reply, I remembered I did have an Adrie Stoete kit I haven't started on yet. It is the Mei-Ling kit so I put it next to my Sandy Faber kit I want to use as an Native American. The Stoete kit next to Faber's makes the Faber kit very slight color of pink to it. The Stoete kit looks more like a very slight tan color next to the Faber. So if I'm doing the Faber should I call it pink? Or should I just send a picture?

Lara thanks for the offer, but I started looking for the color & found it on Dolls by Sandi, I needed other supplies so I just made an order and it will be here soon.

Thank you everyone!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 19:38

If you are seeing pink in it, then I suggest doing a neutralizing wash of mint green to get to a neutral place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyMon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:17

If I do the mint green wash will I still do the yellow wash for the yellow undertones or just start the flesh colors?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyMon 15 Oct 2012 - 12:30

The mint green wash was to bring the vinyl to a more netural state. If you are following Lara's Ebook you want soft yellow undertones to bring warmth to your vinyl So yes you continue with your flesh 06 and a touch of yellow wash. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question EmptyMon 15 Oct 2012 - 22:14

OK, great! I was thinking it worked like that, but wanted to make sure wink
Hugs,
Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Native American ebook paint color question   Native American ebook paint color question Empty

Back to top Go down

Native American ebook paint color question
Page 1 of 1