R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella6

Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question Empty
PostSubject: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 8:27

Hello everyone, my name is Bella and I am new here. I have only been learning to reborn for about a year. I love to make them, but I am also a collector. The question I have is related to a reborn I bought from another reborner that has been done in the Real Effects Air Dry paint. I have only used GHSP, so don't know much about them.

The reborn is too dark and mottled, giving it a bruised look. I'm not sure whether to strip it back - (if so, what can I use to remove the air dry paint?) and start over and redo it myself, which means I have to take out the hair.

Secondly, can anyone tell me if you can paint over air dry paint with GHSP? I am thinking a few coats of flesh over the top, might fix the dark, mottled look. What do you ladies think would be best?

Thanks - Bella.
Back to top Go down
kristipeachycheeks
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kristipeachycheeks

PostSubject: too much mottling   Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:56

Oh that's too bad- I can't answer the question-- you could give her a makeover- but I was just going to say that too much mottling can happen with Genesis or airdry paints.
Back to top Go down
http://Peachycheeksnursery.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: painting   Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 3:15

Hi Bella!

I would PM ( private message) April Yap and ask her advice as she is really experienced with air dry paints!

wishing you luck with is issue.

Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 12:19

I do not reccomend painting over cause the RealEffects could turn yellow when heated. It's best just to strip and repaint. You can strip the paint in the same way you would genesis. I find theat lacquer thinner is the best to strip paint ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question
Page 1 of 1