R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi, I'm new to reborning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

Hi, I'm new to reborning Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 8:56

Hi, I'm new to reborning. I am working one my first babies right now. I got them for my daughters for Christmas and thought that it would be nice for me to make them a baby each. I have to say that I have made so many mistakes so far and that my dolls are far from what I thought they would turn out to be. I am hoping that my next dolls will be much better. I joined this forum to hopefully get some advice and constructive criticism. Just don't be too hard on me, I've got so much to learn :)
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 9:36

Hi there!!!

Glad to see you here and I'm sure you can learn so much from the ladies here at REAL!!!

I think you will find this a warm, friendly place to be!!!

:real: welcome :real: 
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 20:36

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've already made so many mistakes. My dolls are very red right now, and I will not strip them down again (I've already done that twice). I was thinking about making a green wash to put on them to tone down the red some. Do you think that would work? The other thing is, is that I don't have any green or yellow. Do you think if I take some vein blue and baby flesh that I could come up with some sort of mint green?
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 21:05

Hello!!
 welcome :real:   Nice to see you here. Looking forward to seeing your babies.
Hugs
Carolyn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 21:28

Hi, welcome to REAL! welcome  :real:  About your mint wash .You can try aqua  colors as well. Mix different variations of your mint, greens,blue tones. You will need some shade of your greens to reduce your reds.I always play around with my colors and experiment. To lighten many colors,  I have used light flesh 08 . I have also used a touch of my nail bed color to lighten colors. lots of the colors we use you can make if you have your basic colors.There is also a section on GHSP recipes in the forum.  You never no when you run out of a color and you need to makedo..  bigsmile  Kathy

Last edited by bearysweethearts on Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 11:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 0:26

Thank you! It turned into a gray color, I hope it works.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 11:37

Is your vinyl grey or your wash came out  grey? .You will need some kind of mint or aqua [greenish,blues] to take out your reds.You need to get a color wheel this will help you in finding what color washes you need to use.What you do is find the color of your vinyl on the color wheel then do a wash the exact opposite of your color on your wheel..
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 0:25

My wash turned out gray. Vein blue and baby flesh makes gray. I painted too much red on my dolls and I wanted to mellow it out some, I know I can strip them down, but I've already done that twice and I refuse to do it again with these dolls, so I need to make due with what I have right now. The gray was more of a blueish gray, so it did mellow it out some, not as much as I would like, but still it helped. I made the mistake of not buying any genesis thinners. I thought that the mineral spirits would work, I didn't realize that when you need to do details like veining that to achieve the correct color the mineral spirits make it too thin and the details bleed into other areas. So, I applied details and ended up with blobs. So, I made the paint thicker, but that meant that the color became too intense. I blended out most of the color, but not enough. So, I'm trying to 'fix' it the best I can with what I have.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 2:58

If you pm me your address I will send you some green and a few basic colors. Mona Lisa orderless paint thinner is what I use. wink  Kathy
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 8:42

:real: :real: :real: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new to reborning   Hi, I'm new to reborning Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new to reborning
Page 1 of 1