R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to Reborning

Go down 
+14
zaphy100
threads
passionatereborner
babyblossom
Groovyday
Trish
tupsa
Lara
audrey
andama
Karen
Michelle73
Blossoms_and_Blessings
saavik22
18 posters
AuthorMessage
saavik22
saavik22

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011 - 16:17

Hi everyone! I have just stumbled onto this reborning thing this week while looking for a "realistic" doll for my daughter. I started looking at all the really beautiful babies people were making and am smitten! I want to learn to make these but don't know where to start. I am really interested in taking some classes but don't know were to find one. I'll be combing the forums for info. If anyone knows of something happening in Colorado, let me know and I'll try to be there.

Cheryl
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011 - 17:01

Lara teaches online classes. Here is the link to the list: http://www.realreborn.com/t6181-new-class-schedule-new-2012

She also travels to do some in person classes. I know she's coming to Michigan and Pigeon Forge, but not sure if she's going anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011 - 17:54

:real: glad you found us here bigsmile That is funny because that is how I stumbled upon reborns on ebay a year and a half ago , trying to look for a realistic doll for my niece for Christmas! Any ways everyone here is so helpful so just ask questions because you will get your answers bigsmile And Lara's classes are awesome , I have only taken one but plan on taking more come the New Year. welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011 - 19:52

:real: Lara has online classes and live workshops, but I don't think Colorado is in the plan for this year. There is a section of the forum called Mentors. Those of us who are interested in mentoring a new reborner have listed our information there so you should take a look and choose someone to mentor you. They'll be able to step you through the most economical way of gathering your supplies and getting started. First thing you should know is, reborning is NOT cheaper than buying a reborn doll from someone else. Start up is very expensive and its a continuing process. You've come to the right place to learn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
andama
Toddler
Toddler

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011 - 3:56

Hi Cheryl,

I am in Australia so I have no idea where you can get lesson in the USA but I am sue someone will be ale to help

cheers Andama
Back to top Go down
http://www.andamagalleries.com
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 10:07

I have been reborning for over 5 years now, and have seen tons of lessons offered at multiple sites, nut believe me, the ones Lara offers are the best and have the clearest instructions. There is no confusion over her classes at all, and you will learn the right way from the beginning!

:real: :real: :real: :real: :real:

Glad you found u

baby hugs,
Audrey
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 10:28

Hello and welcome!!! :real: Glad that you found us!!! I think it's funnny how many of us came upon reborning by looking for a realistic doll for their daughter!...yes, me too!!!! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
tupsa
Toddler
Toddler
tupsa

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 18:39

Hi Cheryl. Great to see you here. I hope you find some classes. Sarah xxx
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 19:38

Hi a very big, warm welcome to REAL.......... happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySun 20 Nov 2011 - 17:57

Hi Cheryl, welcome You will love chatting and learning here at RealReborn. bigsmile :real: dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySun 20 Nov 2011 - 23:54

Welcome to REAL Cheryl! You have definately come to the right place for classes bigsmile
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011 - 2:27

Welcome, Cheryl! I am new to this FORUM, but not new to Reborning ... You will LOVE it! The ladies here are WONDERFUL and selflessly share their advise and help!
Where in Colorado are you? My daughter just moved to Castle Rock ...

welcome
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011 - 4:01

Welcome to the "World of Reborns", its a very expensive and addictive
hobby, but so very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
zaphy100
Toddler
Toddler
zaphy100

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 3 Dec 2011 - 18:50

welcome Cheryl x
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 3 Dec 2011 - 19:22

Hi Cheryl, you will really love it here and Lara's classes are fantastic, I have only done one of the on line classes so far, but I intend to do many more.

I found the class very easy to follow and with the photo's for the paint colours that really helps.

welcome
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:40

saavik22 wrote:
Hi everyone! I have just stumbled onto this reborning thing this week while looking for a "realistic" doll for my daughter. I started looking at all the really beautiful babies people were making and am smitten! I want to learn to make these but don't know where to start. I am really interested in taking some classes but don't know were to find one. I'll be combing the forums for info. If anyone knows of something happening in Colorado, let me know and I'll try to be there.

Cheryl

Welcome to REAL Cheryl. You have found the forum you require, no need to look further.
No other forum I have seen has the lesson content that Lara provides us with here.
She is a wonderful teacher and so many of us have improved our reborning skills immensely since taking Lara's classes.
Lara's classes have recommended kits for class, and with those you can enter a contest at the end of class, but that does not mean you ahve to sue those kits, you can use any kit, just cannot use them to enter the contest if it is not the recommended ones. So look at the class schedule for 2012 and find out what you need as requirements then prepare and sit back and wait. You will not go wrong. So many newbies try to go on ahead on their own not knowing what is required and are less than satisfied with their results as no tutorial out there online cover the content to the extent that Lara's lessons do, by waiting for the proepr class you will not regret it. Short of a live reborn class Lara's are the enxt best, and sometimes better than some live ones.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySat 3 Dec 2011 - 21:00

Wow, Lyn. Thanks! I know we have all continued to grow here over the past couple years! It is so wonderful that weall learn from each other!!! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySun 4 Dec 2011 - 18:15

welcome welcome Good to have you on board!!! wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
andama
Toddler
Toddler

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySun 4 Dec 2011 - 18:48

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the very addictive world of reborn dolls lol I have not done any of the on line classes but everyone raves about them so I am sure you also enjoy them.

cheers Andama
Back to top Go down
http://www.andamagalleries.com
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning EmptySun 4 Dec 2011 - 22:12

:real: Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
Sponsored content

New to Reborning Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Reborning   New to Reborning Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Reborning
Page 1 of 1