R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"

Go down 
+5
rebecca
Second Star
angelicbundles
Poppy
tracylh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" Empty
PostSubject: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010 - 21:57

I haven't been on much this past week, been in alot of pain and if you have a spare prayer I could use it. The past few years have done a toll on my body. A year ago this month I had a complete hysterectomy, because I entered menopause instantly I put on over 15 lbs, around the belly area. For me always being so tiny, it seems as if this extra weight is bearing down on my hips which already show signs of osteoporosis. I sit all day at work and I just ache. I come home and will stand to eat and watch TV just to keep some of the pressure away. Last week I started having a nervous twitch in my leg and finally went to see the dr. He put me on steriods and had me start physical therapy. Today I started the PT, it went well, but I hurt alot. I'm really hoping the PT brings me relief, because so far the steriods have not, and the last thing I want is to be on pain pills again. For 2 years before the hysterectomy I was on 3 different prescribed pain pills just to get through the day. The dr and the PT therapist both have stated that my body has been through alot and that we just need to strengthen it, the problem is, is I have not strength to do so, but I am trying. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by tracylh on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 15:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenstinyangels.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 0:19

So sorry to hear that you are not well Tracy and in a lot of pain 😢 I will keep you in my prayers for strength and that you will feel better soon ❤
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 0:21

I will say some prayers for you! I hope you feeling better soon!!
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 0:40

Thank you both so very much. I realize its not something life threatening, but its a little fustrating being 36 and feeling like I have an old ladys body.LOL I've watched my weight all my life to try and prevent having medical issues like my mom, but it seems some things just can't be helped. I do have to say the PT therapist did make me feel like this will really help, so it gave me hope. I use to be so physically fit, had so much energy, so its hard not to be the way I use to be. My hubby is 10 years older than me and sometimes its so hard to keep up to him, however he is so sweet and loving. Sometimes I know he gets fustrated that he can't make everything better, but thats just him wanting to protect me. thanks again.

Hugs,
Tracy
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 1:08

Hi Tracy I will gladly send prayers your way! I had to have a total hysterectomy at the age of 27 and it was such a shock to the system. My docs started me on hormones (shots) while I was in the hospital. I also stayed on pills for some time. I have been off of them for awhile now and for the most part never notice any hot flashes or other symptoms. I did gain weight but I have no idea if it is from the hysterectomy or just age. Bless your heart, I hope you feel better soon and that the PT helps! Pain is horrible to live with on a daily basis!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 1:23

I will say prayers and send you wishes Tracy that things will start to improve for you. I can not begin to understand what living with pain everyday is like!!!!!!I know if I am in pain all I want is for it to go away and quickly!!!!!!! I hope that they are able to help you and put you on the road to recovery so that your life might improve!!!!!! It sounds like you are suffering so right now!!!!! Many hugs!!!!!!! Stay strong and fight this!!!!!!!! I will pray for strength for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010 - 17:08

I know it is hard feeling older than you are! I have had to deal with that some and I hate it! I know I already said, but know again your in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: If you have an extra prayer   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptySat 20 Feb 2010 - 0:04

I am sorry to Tracy and hope you will get better. I will certainly send up a prayer. You know I was thinking on the steroids, they are a problem when it come to weight and can be a major contributer to eatting, I do have ostio- arthritis and suffer from joint pain to and because of this the one thing that I can get relief with is a very soothing hot bath for long periods and not getting in to much work in a single day however thats easier said than done for most people and prayers are one of the best all around healers available anyway. Try a hot tub bath and getting your feet elevated as much as posible. I hope this helps some for you. ☀
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptySun 21 Feb 2010 - 8:56

Hi Tracey, I will say a prayer for you. I will pray for god to give you strength and healing, to get through this difficult time you are going through. God bless you
Barb
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010 - 11:16

Tracey, I will be in prayer for you. I know what it is like to struggle to get through the day. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago. They want you to exercise and it hurts. Every day has pain, but somehow I manage to get through the day. I was 36 when it really started to get bad. I think my was made worse by my last pregnancy. I try to get good rest and pace myself. Don't beat yourself up if you can't do everything. Balance in your life is important... physical, emotional and spiritual. God is a God of healing....
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 10:29

Tracy, you are definitely in my prayers. My mom suffers from arthritis and is in pain almost all the time. She cannot stand for very long. I can't begin to imagine what this must be like for you, but I know it is extremely difficult..not just physically, but it takes an emotional toll as well. I hope that the PT will help you. Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: If you have an extra prayer   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 11:15

Hi Tracy. So sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I will send prayers your way and hope you gain the strength to overcome this, and start to feel better very soon.

I know what is to not feel well. I too am going through some medical problems, just wish they could find answers for me so they could tell me how to handle it.

I love your pic. I have a cat that looks almost exactly like yours, his name is Zeus, and he is almost 10 years old, and always knows when I am down, and comes to cuddle and purr for me.

All the best to you, and prayers are on their way.
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:27

Thank you all for the continued prayers. I had a really bad day today, couldn't get out of my house to go to work. I hate the feeling of being helpless like I felt today. I'm 36 and was barely able to walk today because I cleaned my house this weekend, thats something a normal person does all the time. My spirits were rather down today, however I started on my Asian baby for the class and it has really lifted my spirits. I'm truely thankful that I found this wonderful group. Lara, thanks for the classes too, my reborns are truely a healing power for me. Tomorrow I start on medication for Fibromyalgia, so hopefully that will bring me some relief. After alot of studying on the internet, it seems as if many women that experiance the severe endomtrosis, like I did also end up with the Fibromyalgia, both auto immune disorders. If the medication helps that would be awesome, so keep your fingers crossed. I don't think all this cold weather has helped much either.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 22:01

Oh no, you must be feeling so miserable 😢 I really hope the medication works for you and brings you some relief. My mum had Fibromyalgia in her face for a short time when I was younger and I remember her saying it was the worst pain she had ever experienced. Luckily it went away and she hasn't had it since? I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying working on your asian baby and this is giving you some happiness - I am looking forward to starting, but unfortunately not tonight as my father in law has his 60th birthday dinner.. I hope that you feel well again soon, big hugs.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 22:35

Tracy... I'm sending some prayers and some hugs your way. I know the discouragement of feeling old before your time. I guess God put us all together for a reason.....

xoxox

Big hugs :')
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 22:22

Had a little better of a day today, started my new meds, but of course will not be able to tell for about of a week. I was able to get through 8 hours of work, so that was great. My bosses don't always understand my issues, well actually its like they think I'm crazy, since I'm younger than most and look healthier. And again tonight I found my peace with working on my dolls. Thanks again for everyone support, I'm feeling positive today and really have high hopes for this new medication.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 22:25

Let me know how it works... I'm thinking of going back to the rheumatologist myself.....
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 0:12

I hope the new medication works for you. I know its hard when you dont have a illness you cant see. My daughter is only 16 and she also has fybromialgia. They thought she had it about 5 years ago but wernt sure and put it down to something to do with gymnastics but it had a name but cant remember what he called it. But it didnt go away properly and the last 6 months it had flared up again and has been in a lot of pain and they said it was defeniately fibromyalgia. She has her good and bad days too. Im trying to talk her into trying reborning to give her a interest but not sure if she will come at that or not. LOL..... I think the reborning is a great interest. Hope you are feeling much better soon. Take care Barb
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 1:51

Barb, I think its a great idea to try and get your daughter involved with reborning or some type of art that she would find interest in. I have found that reborning really calms me, even on my worst days. I've had alot of ups and downs the past few years, going through my hysterectomy last year was tough and before the surgery the pain was so bad, but it was my art that I found gave me a positive outlook. Something to look forward to and to focus on. Reborning has healing powers for me, I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have found it. I'm trying to stay positive and hope this med will help. I believe the extreme cold weather we have had, has really flared the fibromyaglia up. I can't wait for the sunshine.
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyTue 9 Mar 2010 - 15:51

Well today has been a week since I started the medication for the fibromyalgia. The medication is called Savella and I had to start out with a small amount and each day it was increased. I've got to tell you that I am already feeling a big difference. dancingbaby My legs don't feel like they have weights tied to them any more. Still some pain, but I am able to sit through work all day without to much trouble. Even things that I have ignored for years like my hands and foot hurting are starting to feel better. I've read so much now on fibromyalgia and one thing I know for sure is that besides the medication, exercise really helps, but thats hard to do when your hurting so bad. But since the med is helping I did start working out last night again and I felt great. I'm sure this beautiful sunny weather is helping too, my body needs the sun and this winter was just awful. So here hoping that things continue to improve, today was my first day taking the full dose, so I'm thinking I should really start feeling a big difference this week. And the best part, the only side affect I have had is an upset stomach, but as long as I take it with food I'm good. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this good feeling continues.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyTue 9 Mar 2010 - 15:58

That is fantastic news Tracy!! I'm so relieved for you that the medication is working and lets hope that you continue to improve whoohoo
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyTue 9 Mar 2010 - 16:11

Will do, Tracey. Let us know how it's progressing... I'm getting ready to go to my rheumatologist again.
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010 - 2:30

That is wonderful! I hope you keep improving! wave
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010 - 9:21

What wonderful news! I am glad it seems to be working and will continue to pray that you keep improving!!!
wave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010 - 12:18

That is wonderful!!! I hope things continue to get better!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"   If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2" Empty

Back to top Go down

If you have an extra prayer "Update Page 2"
Page 1 of 1