R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm an old newbie

Go down 
+4
gerry
peggys
Lara
Lyndies*Lovies
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptySun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:39

I'm the same Lyndies*Lovies that attended the Noe class and was on Bountiful Baby for over 3 years before my first reborn (Noe). Since I signed up for Social Security I don't feel too new. But I am a newbie reborner. By the end of a year of classes I expect to run out of crib and cradle space, because if I love them as much as I did the first one I won't be able to sell any.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptySun 25 Oct 2009 - 22:24

Hi, Lyndie! I love all the gals that have come back for another class! That is so great! we will be doing different techniques in this class than we did with Noe. I know what you mean about running out of crib space. My 2 year old still sleeps in her crib, but her old bassinet is full and her old changing table is full, and her shelves are now full! I don't know where to keep them all. Thank goodness she loves dolls, or she'd be really freaked out in her room! lol..
Back to top Go down
peggys
Toddler
Toddler
peggys

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 0:37

Lyndie, how funny an "old newbie" I think I qualify under that title too! Happy Belated Birthday too! I don't have a lot of dolls around, more "parts" than anything.....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.appleblossombabies.com
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 0:53

Oh my Peggy I just noticed you are from Washington. I didn't know where Glenoma is, but I looked it up. So you are Northeast of Mount Saint Helens. Have you had snow yet? I love all the peaks in the Cascades. I used to live at the foothills of Mt Adams in the 3rd and 4th grades and I loved it - I fit right in with the country kids.

Do you know where Yakima and Issaquah are? Altogether, I spent 30 years in those towns and more than half of my life in Washington. I've been to every inch of that state except the rain forest.
Back to top Go down
peggys
Toddler
Toddler
peggys

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 1:22

LYNDIE! OMG I can see Mt Adams from our driveway! I know where Yakima is as Glenoma is right on hwy 12 going to Yakima! LOL, if you know this area I am closer to Randle than Glenoma! WOW small world. Nope no snow here yet as we are in a valley and the elevation is 1000ft. Actually we are surrounded by the mountains, Rainer, Adams, St Helen's and Hood. Mt Rainer has a beautiful new coat of snow on it! Here are photos I took of fall colors last week and Mt Rainer yesterday.
I'm an old newbie Fall2009010-1I'm an old newbie Mtrainer
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 1:35

I could just hug you for those pictures. I have to take a picture of my mural over my kitchen stove. I painted Mt Rainier, pine trees and flowers because I love them so much, I tossed in a cabin and a rooster, just for something to crow about - country girl.

In Yakima we could see 5 mountains on a clear day and there were 300 of those a year. We didn't have air conditioning and would go camp near Mt Rainier and all that snow cooled us off. I have a picture of my mother and me when I was four and there was 12 feet of snow behind us and it was July! Air conditioning in 1950.

My lungs can't take the dry air of Yakima or the cool damp air of Issaquah (read Seattle). When I go to heaven, I'll be back in Washington. Thank you again for the pictures.

Last edited by Lyndies*Lovies on Mon 26 Oct 2009 - 1:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong year)
Back to top Go down
peggys
Toddler
Toddler
peggys

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 2:47

Awwww your so sweet, hug accepted :) . Please do take a photo of your mural I'd love to see it! OMG your lungs don't like the dampness in Issaquah and you moved to TEXAS! LOL I lived in Arkansas for nearly 20 years and nothing about me likes the humidity of the south! 🇳🇴 I don't think it's quite as damp here and it's nothing like Yakima at all! I don't care for WA "east of the mountains" except to pop over and get apples or cherries.
Back to top Go down
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 13:41

Hi, Lyndie, and welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Which kit will you be reborning for class?
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 16:19

Hi Lyndie! Welcome to the Winter class! Look forward to chatting!! :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 22:13

Wow what a bunch of welcomes - so glad to be here. First I'm in Tennessee not Texas, although I lived there in 196...something. I get those postal codes mixed up too especially all the ones that start with M or A.

Warm damp is not the same as cold damp. We were in Issaquah, WA in early August of 2007 and the high for the day was TAH DAH 68! I wear long underwear at that temperature. We burn hard wood in our fireplace and it has a fan - I will never be cold again. It also recycles the air, before it gets to the chimney, so that it reburns and there is little or no smoke. Since we live on a farm and burn only the deadfall it is, healthy, cheap warm air!

Last year we went to Florida to warm up and yes indeed we did. Hit a near blizzard in Atlanta on the way back - fortunately it was a Sunday morning with low traffic.

I'm reborning Audrey, but I love peaches and cream so much, I'm going to be looking at any of the babies you reborn and just craving them I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009 - 19:20

Wanting to send you a Welcome and look forward to getting to know you! You will enjoy your class with Lara because she is a great teacher who tries very hard to help everyone!!! Audrey is a sweet sculpt and I hope you will enjoy creating her!!!
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009 - 22:14

Why thank you Ms. Star. Audrey does have a sweet open eyed look and will be my first baby with eyes. Lara knows her stuff - I have complete faith in her and I don't say that casually. I can hardly wait to cradle this new baby and buy Christmas presents for her.

My goal is to make babies for nursing homes - my mother worked in one when I was 9-11 and I just loved visiting them. I read the Bible to a blind lady, who must have had the patience of a saint, because I was a slow learner at reading. I've heard they love these dolls and I want to bring them joy.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyTue 3 Nov 2009 - 17:10

Hi Lyndie, I'm back!!! :D Happy belated birthday!!! Bountiful Angels will help you out when you are ready to start makin' n bakin' donation babies!!! I am doing Tessa for this class. :D Can't wait to start!!! I hope I can stay caught up this time! :roll:
Back to top Go down
live4trauma
Toddler
Toddler
live4trauma

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009 - 13:31

Welcome Lyndie, My name is Debbie. I also am returning for another class, took the Noe class. I have to admire you for wanting to make babies to help those in nursing homes.....Just a newbie at this Noe was my first otherwise I would help you with making dolls..maybe when I get al ittle better at this...I'm a trauma nurse , hense my sign in....always there to help, do lot of charity work in the community, favorite is building houses believe it or not....Again welcome back, will see ya in the forums
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie EmptySat 14 Nov 2009 - 0:09

Hey Hazel and Debbie - what a connection.

Yes Hazel, I did send you an Email about the Moses Baskets I FINALLY got made - okay just 1 of the 3. Thank you for the birthday greeting - I try to stretch out my birthday for weeks.

Debbie - Blessings on you for being a Nurse and yes with a capital 'N'. l I thank you, from the bottom of my 'hospital hopeful heart'. We need more nurses in the United States and I'm thankful for you.

And .... I also build houses.

Mine are all Tornado proof (ICF - Insulated Concrete Form) and the, first, little bitty one is where I reborn dolls - also known as the Guest Cottage.

The nursing home reborn dolls idea is a ways off - next Christmas I think - or Mother's Day at the earliest.

Noe was my first completed reborn, although I did start painting a Wal*Mart baby first. I've signed up for every class Lara has - and what is so funny is I've hardly ever took a class for anything - Okay I took a 1 day building $90 class for the ICF (above) and built 3 houses- no joke!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm an old newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm an old newbie   I'm an old newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm an old newbie
Page 1 of 1