R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REALLY a Newbie!

Go down 
+4
RoseBlossomAngels
Second Star
jlingo
lschelle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lschelle

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyMon 2 Nov 2009 - 19:55

Well, it looks like I'm "newer" than everybody! I am totally new to reborning and have never made a doll. I'll try not to be too much of a dumbie! My name's Lucy, and I live on the Gulf coast of Texas, I am recently retired and have a husband who works out of state for two weeks each month - so that leaves me plenty of time to play. I've always crocheted and sewn - but nothing like this before~! I'm going to do Audrey for the class. Nice to meet all of y'all!
Back to top Go down
jlingo
Toddler
Toddler
jlingo

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyMon 2 Nov 2009 - 20:00

Hi Lucy. My name is Jill and I live in MD. Orginally I am from GA so I a southern gal also. I still have to work - so I enjoy making babies on the weekend and for a short while in the evenings. This is the first class that I have taken; however, I am really looking forward to it all.

My daughter and only granddaughter currently live in TX. They live in Marble Falls. Since TX is so large I don't know if it is anywhere near you.

I am sure that everyone will give lots of pointers to us newbies.

Jill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mothersperfectbaby.com
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyMon 2 Nov 2009 - 20:22

Hello Lucy my name is Sherry. I want you to know we all had our first baby we did and trust me when I say there was no Lara to teach me!!!!! I love my first and still have her. Wouldn't sell her for the world! I do wish however there had been someone who offered a class online at that time to help me!!!!! You will do great because Lara is a great teacher and is willing to help everyone!!!! I am one of your moderators on this forum and if I can help you just holler. There are so many wonderful people on here that all you have to do is ask. Everyone will jump in!!!! Welcome and I can't wait to get to know you better and see how you baby comes along. It's going to be wonderful !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:42

Hi Lucy I'm Roxan,

REALLY a Newbie! Welcomecup

We are a friendly bunch and we all had our trials & errors when we made our first baby. I still have my first one and she is really nothing to brag about because I did her on my own just using the Secrist DVD for instructions. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a forum where you could talk to fellow reborners. But that was 3 years ago and I have learned a lot since then, and I have learned even more by taking the class with Lara. I just wish they had been around when I started!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyTue 3 Nov 2009 - 9:48

Hi, Lucy~! Welcome! there are other first timers in this class, so don't you worry! There were a few making their first baby in the last class, and as far as I know, everyone was happy with their baby.
I also used those Secrist dvd's to make my first. I would literally watcha clip, run into the next room, do a step, then run back in and watch. Somehow, my baby turned out very dark and purple-red colored. lol....I gave her to my mom, and she just loves her to pieces, but she was in no way Ebay worthy!
I hope you will get a lot from this class, make some new friends, and at the end have a beautiful Audrey to start your reborning world. Welcome! It is very addicting!!! :D
Back to top Go down
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyTue 3 Nov 2009 - 10:45

Hi Lucy! Welcome to the forum. Glad you're reborning a baby with the class; you'll be hooked! It's so much fun to bring these little ones to "life" and you'll have such a sense of satisfaction when you're finished. Everyone here has been so nice and has already answered questions for me! Looking forward to getting to know you better soon!
Back to top Go down
live4trauma
Toddler
Toddler
live4trauma

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009 - 13:17

Hello Lucy, my name is Debbie live in Jacksonville Florida. Did my first baby with Lara's fall class and was totally amazed at the result...my family is still fight over who's going to get her but you know Mom always has the trump card!!!! You are gong to love the class. The lessons are easy to follow. Lara's a great teacher. The medeators and all the gals in the forum are very helpful. Remember no question is a "silly question". Again welcome.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! EmptySat 14 Nov 2009 - 1:44

Hi Lucy
I also have never done a baby I have tons of stuff but didn't dare try until someone mentioned Lara"s class and said that's the way I should start. You can reead all you want but I personally need a hands on LOL Hope we all have fun. Everyone has been so nice to me
Hugs
Pris :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REALLY a Newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REALLY a Newbie!   REALLY a Newbie! Empty

Back to top Go down

REALLY a Newbie!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: