R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? Empty
PostSubject: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 11:36

Someone just asked me this question....what a darn good question! I am going to say, no, though...here is my response:

I really haven't decided about the hair. I think probably not. The class is going to be so detailed as it is, I don't think we would have tome to get into an in depth rooting.....and doing it the same as I did in all my other classes, just seems sort of pointless. I may do a class just on newborn rooting. I know a lot of people struggle with the sparse root.
I will probably just add in rooting from another class to the E book part, but for the actual lessons, I don't think we will go over it. In fact, since it is a JUST Born Class, the Hair painting may work very well with this kit.

These next 2 classes are going to be quite different from how we normally do them.
With the hairpainting, you need to have your skintone all painted and ready before class. There is the video and then a 2 Day Class on using the comb brush. So, we are really just concentrating on the hair part.

For the just born class, we will be just concentrating on the painting. We will also be making umbilical cords in the class, so that is something new as well. bigsmile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 11:39

Sounds good to me!! I will have my baby ready for the hair class and will use the hair painting for teddy also.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 11:47

Sarah...or anybody, which do you think is the best rooting section from previous classes to add at the end of the JUST BORN Ebook. I would like to add something, then do something more detailed, possible with video for a rooting class.

I just think if I did a deatiled rooting section with this class it would be too much.
I am actually styarting to wonder if we need rooting, assembly, magnets and all that at the end of each class. It seems to be so repetitive. Of course if it's someones first class, they will need that information, so I need to keep that in mind as well.

Maybe when I take pictures for the Beautiful Doll, Class, I can make general assembly instructions and use them for each class. She has open eyes, so I could use that for open eyed kits as well.

What do you all think? Taking pictures of each step for every class gets very tiring. How many pictures does each ebook have you think? 50? More? IDK, I never counted...probably more.
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 12:15

hmmm , hard to pick but I would say if I was going to root the just born baby it will be a something like peach fuzz little hair since is a newborn, the exception to the rule is lots of hair in a newborn but I seen a few REAL ones... wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 12:28

I will have to go back and look at my files fore the classes and see which hair section will be good. I would suggest doing a small rooting /video class, kinda like the hair painting class your doing. Maybe you can cover several types of rooting. Pulling info and pictures from past classes should be easier than totally redoing it all. Than cover some types you havent covered before. This way, when you have a class you can offer the hair rooting as an extra add on and it wont be something repetative. You could do multiple types on one video/class or have a mini tutorial for each hair type.....toddler, newbor, asian, ect.....and people can buy just the hair tutorial they need.
Just some ideas!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:02

I was going to say that perhaps you should make a separate ebook for magnets and assembly, etc. Then instead of putting it into each class, you can just send the assembly ebook as a bonus. You can also offer it on your website for those who haven't taken a class and want that information for like $10.

As for the just born class, I think hair painting is the way to go and I'd love to see a class for different styles of rooting. You can just have people buy practice heads or whatever to practice each type of rooting. Then since it won't matter if the head is painted or not, they can submit their pictures for each style. I don't mean style as in end rooting and middle rooting but rather sparse, thick, normal, etc. Perhaps the prize for that class could be some super nice mohair from like Delta Dawn or Slumberland or AngoraMohtique. That would be an awesome prize!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:06

Those are all really good ideas. I can't see charging for assembly, though! How about the rooting DVD...not as a class, but just buy the DVD, then I can do an assembly, magnets, gluing...all that sort of stuff in the free tut section...oh, and putting in eyes.
That way each class will be just different painting techniwues, and the rest would be on the website, where just members can see it.

Would that work for you all?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:12

I think the assembly tutorial in the free section for members is an awesome idea. Perhaps you can add lashes to it as well. I know there are a few ways to do open eyed lashes but I've only done them twice. One the outside way and one the inside way(before adding eyeball) and I prefer the inside way LOL

A rooting DVD would be awesome! That would free you up for another class then ..hehehe

I had an idea for a class. Native American/Inuit type of class. It wouldn't be like the AA or the ME classes because the paint would need to be a redder quality than those
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:24

awsome ideas, and Lara your idea is great I think that will work wonderfully..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyThu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:59

Sounds good Lara!
Back to top Go down
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011 - 19:00

Lara,

Since I have only taken 1 class which was fussy and all the extra's were added, like rooting, magnets, etc.
and I am signed up for the next 4 or 5 classes (lost count ) bigsmile

I think it would be fine if a separate ebook was made for assembly with all the extra's... and one for rooting

That way I can go back and reference what I have, and you won't have to added to each class.

Us new kids don't mind!

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?   Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will we be rooting in JUST BORN Class?
Page 1 of 1