R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonie
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 15:47

My first time reborning! I have  very thick skin, please let me know what I need to correct, what I did right, how to improve.. This pictures were hard to take, the color kept getting washed out. I have not painted the nails , sealed to get rid of the shine etc... I'm only working on practice limbs until I know that I have the hang of it all...  anyone

Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2024
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2025
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2026
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2027
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2028
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2029
Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Win_2030
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 3:35

Hi Moonie!!

From what I can see, I think they look great for your first time (even 2nd 3rd and 4th time!) ;p

It is hard to really critique because of the color of your photos (very red).  The best light to photo your reborn is in day light (near

a window) then we can see your trial limbs skin tones as they really are.  The last two photos don't look as red as some of the pics.
So it might just be the photos and not your limbs.

You are doing awesome!!!

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 12:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 10:31

Jenny In NH wrote:
Hi Moonie!!

From what I can see, I think they look great for your first time (even 2nd 3rd and 4th time!) ;p

It is hard to really critique because of the color of your photos (very red).  The best light to photo your reborn is in day light (near

a window) then we can see your trial limbs skin tones as they really are.

You are doing awesome!!!

Thank you! It was amazing to see the vinyl come to life. I'm hooked!. I will tone the red/pink down some. You gave me the courage to start on a actual kit.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 12:24

Moonie wrote:

Thank you! It was amazing to see the vinyl come to life. I'm hooked!. I will tone the red/pink down some. You gave me the courage to start on a actual kit.
Hi Moonie!!

I meant your PHOTOS LIGHTING was too red to give you the best critique.  Just need to see the true color of your limbs to give you the best input! I have had
the very same issues depending on whether or not I use my cell phone or my camera.  When people tell you to add or take away certain colors they are looking
only at the photo and not the real limbs, so the advice could be all wrong on color/skin tones.  Blend the outter edges of your creases so you don't see a "line"
where they "end" might be helpful on your kit.   I think you are doing awesome!! My first crease job didn't look as good as yours - wow!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy glad you are going for it!!!  You can do this!!!

whoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoo
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 0:14

First of all welcome to Reborning, I still get excited to see the results of a baby coming to life whoohoo

I agree with Jenny, it's your lighting. Do you have something white to put the limbs on and then more natural light will help bunches.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 2:50

Jenny In NH wrote:
Moonie wrote:

Hi Moonie!!

I meant your PHOTOS LIGHTING was too red to give you the best critique.  Just need to see the true color of your limbs to give you the best input! I have had
the very same issues depending on whether or not I use my cell phone or my camera.  When people tell you to add or take away certain colors they are looking
only at the photo and not the real limbs, so the advice could be all wrong on color/skin tones.  Blend the outter edges of your creases so you don't see a "line"
where they "end" might be helpful on your kit.   I think you are doing awesome!! My first crease job didn't look as good as yours - wow!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy glad you are going for it!!!  You can do this!!!

whoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoowhoohoo

The color was very reddish pink. lol I did a green wash on them and they look so much better.  I have put them aside for now, and I'm working on the Domoinic Kit from Bountiful Babies. Thank you for your advice and encouragement!   thankyou!  
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 2:54

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
First of all welcome to Reborning, I still get excited to see the results of a baby coming to life whoohoo

I agree with Jenny, it's your lighting. Do you have something white to put the limbs on and then more natural light will help bunches.

I will retake pictures of the limbs, i did a wash on them and they look so much better.. Thank you for the advice
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 8:36

Great! I'm looking forward to more pictures happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:09

Good luck on your first baby!!

I agree with Jenny and Jo, you can't give a proper critique when the coloring of the photo is out of focus.

I actually go outside and take my pictures when I need to check my shades and coloring. Always make sure the sunlight is behind you. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 10:45

bearysweethearts wrote:
Good luck on your first baby!!

I agree with Jenny and Jo, you can't give a proper critique when the coloring of the photo is out of focus.

I actually go outside and take my pictures when I need to check my shades and coloring. Always make sure the sunlight is behind you. bigsmile

Thank you Bearysweethearts! I retook the pictures in the sunlight coming from a window.
I will post them and see if there is any difference.. I know I have to purchase a nice camera to get excellent photos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you   Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you Empty

Back to top Go down

Please critique my practice limbs.. Thank you
Page 1 of 1