R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?

Go down 
+6
bdtimm
pia46
cherielynn09
bearysweethearts
Jenny In NH
Lara
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? Empty
PostSubject: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 10:56

What is your favorite all time musical??? I REALLY enjoyed Lala Land. It was such a great musical. My dad always loved A Chorus Line and for whatever reason I put the soundtrack on yesterday and surprised myself that I still knew most of the songs.

My kids had a dance competition this past weekend and one of the categories was Musical Theater so there was a lot from Mary Poppins with the tap, which I guess also had me thinking of musicals.

Anyway...I think my all time favorite is West Side Story. The music from Cats is phenomenal though.
After seeing Beauty and the Beast....hmmmmmmmmm

Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 11:06

Wow!! I cant believe it!! West Side Story was my all time favorite musical too!!!  Grease was my second favorite!! "we go together"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IRZg0_fUA

lollollol
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 11:37

Oh Jenny! Now I'm going to be singing that song all day!!! lol
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 12:21

Musicals are not my favorite thing to watch. Never could get into watching a scene and all of a sudden they break out in song and dance. But I did love two.  I watched them over and over.  Rhinestone with Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton { singing Drinkenstein } and Best little Whorehouse in Texas with Dolly Parton.

Last edited by bearysweethearts on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 14:15

Oh Gosh....who could have a favorite??

Oklahoma, Grease, Singing in the Rain, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz.....and more!!!!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 2:11

Grease and The Sound of Music.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 8:33

Kathy, you are funny! lol My dad used to LOVE Best Little Whorehouse in Texas! That movie cracks me up! So many one liners! I totally forgot that was even a musical!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:24

Lara wrote:
Kathy, you are funny! lol  My dad used to LOVE Best Little Whorehouse in Texas! That movie cracks me up! So many one liners! I totally forgot that was even a musical!
My favorite part of that movie is when Dolly sings I will always love you to Burt Reynolds. I love the Disney ones too like the original Cinderella . Going to go see Beauty and the Beast Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:47

Lara wrote:
Oh Jenny! Now I'm going to be singing that song all day!!! lol

that happened to me too!!! lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
bdtimm
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
bdtimm

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 15:11

Sound of Music for sure!!
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 1:47

I have several Faves as well...Some have already been mentioned. I did live in New York for a few years, late 80's early 90's...So, Les Miserable and The Phantom of the Opera are def. up there for me.

Of course a few oldies I watched with my Mom...Singing In The Rain, GiGi, An American In Paris

oh and Robin Williams in La Cage aux Folles. Love Musicals bigsmile
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 3:02

The Phantom of the Opera love it seen it 6 times in London, also loved Love Never Dies, saw that in London but unfortunately it did not take off in the UK, but at least we had an ending to the Phantom. Australia have
a great version on DVD which I also have, told my friend in New Zealand it was coming to Australia, she and her 2 sisters flew to Australia to see it, and thankfully they loved it too.

Grease was my favourite modern film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Dad

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 11:28

It's not that I have seen many musicals, but didn't really nobody mention Fiddler on the Roof (Anatevka)? The humour from the beginning till nearly the end. I'll never forget the distressing end. And the song: If I were a rich man.
If you keep telling that West Side Story is your favourite: OK, that would be mine too. Because of Leonard Bernstein.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 12:47

omgosh!! Forgot about Fiddler on the Roof!! *starts singing... if i were a rich man, la la la la la*
Classic!!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 13:16

Jenny In NH wrote:
omgosh!! Forgot about Fiddler on the Roof!! *starts singing... if i were a rich man, la la la la la*  
Classic!!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy

All night long I would do di dee dum ... if I were a wealthy man!
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 1:03

OMG...How could I forget FIDDLER?

Sang " Sunrise, Sunset " at many Weddings...and LOVED...TRADITION!!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 15:25

That is a good one!!!!

I think I'm going to start taking my girls to see musicals downtown. The Nutcracker was the first thing they have ever seen at the theater. I fel they are missing out, just because my husband is not into anything like that. I grew up going to shows and watching all the musicals on tv from My Fair Lady and The King and I...Oh I could go on and on......
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:45

In 2001 I went to see "Off Broadway" production of The Scarlet Pimpernel. It was amazing! Got to meet the actors afterward. Liked it so much when it came to my town that I traveled to meet online fan friends in Rhode Island to see the show three more times.
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:48

Love Fiddler On the Roof, too! Saw it several times on TV. Love the music!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 13:28

LaLa Land Just hit the Redbox ladies...it's worth the rent!!!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?   The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lala Post got me thinking.....favorite Musicals?
Page 1 of 1