R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite all time sculpt?

Go down 
+7
threads
Bornannew
nightowlnursery
jo_lil_sugars
bearysweethearts
Jenny In NH
Lara
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

What is your favorite all time sculpt? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 22:07

I know everyone has a favorite sculpt that you come back to time and time again. I know I have a few that I have more than one of. What is your favorite and what's the most of one sculpt you have done?

I think back in the day, mine would have been Luca. I may have done 5 of that sculpt. Then I fell in love with Noe and did a few of her...remember Noe?

Then I did several Arielle, before she started getting copied in China. (such a shame that happened)

I have done quite a few Serah's too. Gosh, I love all Adries kits. A few of her's of done duplicates of like Barry and Isa and Noelle.

What are some of your favorites?
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 1:16

Lara wrote:
I know everyone has a favorite sculpt that you come back to time and time again. I know I have a few that I have more than one of. What is your favorite and what's the most of one sculpt you have done?

I think back in the day, mine would have been Luca. I may have done 5 of that sculpt. Then I fell in love with Noe and did a few of her...remember Noe?

Then I did several Arielle, before she started getting copied in China. (such a shame that happened)

I have done quite a few Serah's too. Gosh, I love all Adries kits. A few of her's of done duplicates of like Barry and Isa and Noelle.

Before I came to REAL and was only a "reborn buyer" My very first purchases were all  THREE Luca's back in the day (One was my very first reborn, the blonde Luca  on the far left)!! I loved that sculpt so much!! I never thought I would see a reborn I loved more, but I was wrong, so many realistic kits out there since my Luca!!  I remember Noe - really looked like a newborn.

OMGosh yes, the Chinese have taken over the reborn section on ebay, you have to comb through hundres before you can find one that is not a stolen knock off, so sad and so frustrating.  They also keyword spam and put SILICONE in the title and its VINYL!! I feel bad for the new people that have never purchased a reborn before and have no idea what they are purchasing when they buy a pirated reborn.  

Although I have a huge kit STASH, I have only completed 11 reborns as of todays date, so I don't have much to offer in this conversation for completed kits that I have done more than 1 of.   I have only completed 1 each of the kits that I have made so far. (now if you asked me how MANY kits the same, I have PURCHASED and are in my stash - LOL) I love Adrie's kits too!

Here are my purchased reborns minus one that I gave away (after I bought it, I hated the severely bent legs - so hard to dress it - cant even remember the name of the sculpt now - lol).  

Does anyone know what the name of the kit in the middle is? I cant  remember!
What is your favorite all time sculpt? My_pur10

After I purchased my 6th reborn (and spending thousands),  I discovered R.E.A.L. and have not bought another one since!  Sometimes I hate to sell a reborn I have completed, cuz I get attached to it (have you ever talked to one, I have LOL im losin it - I pick it up and say .. you are TOO CUTE!!! lol ), but I always want the money to buy the new kits that come out so I sell them!

Legler and Eagles are two of my favorites but i have soooooooo many artists that i love too!!

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 13:53

There are quiet a few but I loved sleeping Andie, I did four I think. One of my personal favorites is Buggy Brown. I still have a Buggy kit.  I hope to do  Buggy one day as a keeper.  I loved Luca too back in the day but his head was way to hard to root. That kit was the hardest head I ever saw. It is still in my stash. Also loved Lizzy Stoete! I wish I had another one.

Talking about the China ripe offs .I actually contacted one lady on Ebay  so I could find out more about them .I had NO intention of buying one. Just curious  and this is what she said... The hair is NOT sealed. Do NOT comb!  The paint will wipe off if you rub it with water. NO sealer! No air dry!  The doll does not come with the outfit shown on the doll. The doll comes undressed.  The clothes in the pictures are just props! lol Now every now and then they might include an outfit but it will not be the one in the picture.  I guess no one asks these questions before they buy them.  They are in for a big shocker!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 15:33

bearysweethearts wrote:
There are quiet a few but I loved sleeping Andie, I did four I think. One of my personal favorites is Buggy Brown. I still have a Buggy kit.  I hope to do  Buggy one day as a keeper.  I loved Luca too back in the day but his head was way to hard to root. That kit was the hardest head I ever saw. It is still in my stash. Also loved Lizzy Stoete! I wish I had another one.

Talking about the China ripe offs .I actually contacted one lady on Ebay  so I could find out more about them .I had NO intention of buying one. Just curious  and this is what she said... The hair is NOT sealed. Do NOT comb!  The paint will wipe off if you rub it with water. NO sealer! No air dry!  The doll does not come with the outfit shown on the doll. The doll comes undressed.  The clothes in the pictures are just props! lol Now every now and then they might include an outfit but it will not be the one in the picture.  I guess no one asks these questions before they buy them.  They are in for a big shocker!!! affraid

OMGGGGGGGOSH!! WOW!!! You found out so much info that i never knew about!! i knew they were knock-offs and that they just couldnt be QUALITY - now i know.. OMG the paint will rub off with water.. the hair falls out cuz its not glued.. EEEEEEEK i feel so bad for the people that know nothing about reborning at all, they prolly buy that and think.. ewww im not ever gonna buy another one!! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 16:13

Jenny In NH wrote:
Lara wrote:

Before I came to REAL and was only a "reborn buyer" My very first purchases were all  THREE Luca's back in the day (One was my very first reborn, the blonde Luca  on the far left)!! I loved that sculpt so much!! I never thought I would see a reborn I loved more, but I was wrong, so many realistic kits out there since my Luca!!  I remember Noe - really looked like a newborn.

OMG yes, the Chinese have taken over the reborn section on ebay, you have to comb through hundres before you can find one that is not a stolen knock off, so sad and so frustrating.  They also keyword spam and put SILICONE in the title and its VINYL!! I feel bad for the new people that have never purchased a reborn before and have no idea what they are purchasing when they buy a pirated reborn.  

Although I have a huge kit STASH, I have only completed 11 reborns as of todays date, so I don't have much to offer in this conversation for completed kits that I have done more than 1 of.   I have only completed 1 each of the kits that I have made so far. (now if you asked me how MANY kits the same, I have PURCHASED and are in my stash - LOL) I love Adrie's kits too!

Here are my purchased reborns minus one that I gave away (after I bought it, I hated the severely bent legs - so hard to dress it - cant even remember the name of the sculpt now - lol).  

Does anyone know what the name of the kit in the middle is? I cant  remember!
What is your favorite all time sculpt? My_pur10

After I purchased my 6th reborn (and spending thousands),  I discovered R.E.A.L. and have not bought another one since!  Sometimes I hate to sell a reborn I have completed, cuz I get attached to it (have you ever talked to one, I have LOL im losin it - I pick it up and say .. you are TOO CUTE!!! lol ), but I always want the money to buy the new kits that come out so I sell them!

I love all your babies!!!!!!! Is the sleeper a Gudrun Leger kit? Nico maybe? It;'s hard to tell. (I'm so bad with kits!!!)

The copy cat kits from China are getting really bad. The ones in silicone are terrible too. Such a shame to steal a sculptors work and call it your own.

Back to favorite kits, and Gudrun Legler, she has always been a favorite of mine too. I love all her sculpts. It would difficult for me to pick a favorite of hers. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyFri 11 Nov 2016 - 13:13

I have no idea what my middle baby is (the one in yellow), was sold to me as a boy! Back when i was a new buyer, i didnt really know much about the sculptors names, etc etc - unfortunately!! Now that i make my own reborns, I really really wish i knew who he is!! lol   The one on the right end is Andi Asleep by Linda Murray.

I love all the Legler kits too, I have soooooo many artists that I love! Just to name a few,  Laura Eagles, Adrie Stoete, back in the day - Reva Schick, Natali Blick, Petra Seiffert, Linda Murray, the list goes on! I had many favorite kits over the years, but some of them were one-hit-wonders for me (I only liked one sculpt out of many)! Now a days, omgosh, such realistic babies, the industry has come a long way!! One thing i really love is how the fingers have become so realistic, with so much detail and slender!!!  worthy

I think i will take a close up of my middle baby and see if anyone can tell me who he is... he is not handsome at all, but i love him!! LOL

happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 23:00

My favorite sculpt is Luli by Adrie Stoete!  I am working on my 3rd one and I adore her.
What is your favorite all time sculpt? Luli_s10

Last edited by jo_lil_sugars on Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 1:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 0:31

Tegan by LLE! She is my favorite of all time! Sherrie Brown made mine and I love, love, love her!!!

What is your favorite all time sculpt? OrigTegan9
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 1:11

Jenny, I love all your babies loveyou!   what a great picute!

Shannon, Tegan is beautiful, I love that sculpt too angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 3:35

jo_lil_sugars wrote:

Thanks Jo!! How is your shoulder these days?

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:06

I do have several Faves..."Sleepers" especially...

HOWEVER...My most treasured time with a baby, my own and Grandchildren and any one who has a
just born precious Bub is a Newborn...the first month are two...

Sooo I just LOVE "Miracle" by LLEagles!

What is your favorite all time sculpt? Art10

What is your favorite all time sculpt? Mira3_10

I've created 3 of these wink
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:27

bearysweethearts wrote:

Oh my gosh!!! lol IDK Who in their right mind would buy a doll with that description???????
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:29

And I agree anything by Laura Lee is amazing!!! clapclap
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 5:34

My favourite kit is Rainer by Romie, I still have two kits tucked away. Was very fond of Meg and Luca
love the look of LLE newest one too
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 23:33

Jenny In NH wrote:
jo_lil_sugars wrote:

Thanks Jo!! How is your shoulder these days?

thankyou!

Thank you for asking! It's doing better, I am still going through Physical Therapy and still feeling alot of pain. I still do not have full use of my arm and shoulder but it's getting better. I'm grateful I can reborn, I just have to take it slow loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Hollysbabies
Hollysbabies

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 1:29

I love all the Legler babies. I think Nils is my favorite, but I really love the new one Noa too
Back to top Go down
minnixs45

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 10:02

Most Laure Lee Eagles bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: does anyone know?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 14:07

Laura Eagles is ONE of my favs ( i have so many)

Can anyone please tell me the name of the sculpt that is in the middle (has on the bear yellow footed outfit?) I bought him
eons ago when i was new to the reborning world.  I didnt bond with him at first, but i have now, lol. (being a weirdo, i wanted
my first reborn- the blonde Luca all the way to the left - to have a "brother"), so i purchased him! lol  

What is your favorite all time sculpt? My_bab10

Thanks ladies!!

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 23:45

One of my favorites is Samuel by Petra Lechner. I've done 3 of him. He was a big seller for me in my first six months as a new artist. I just love his adorable sleeping face. With Levi Brown coming out, he may be my next favorite.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/18/72/15/60/img_1610.jpg
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 9:57

Jenny, I have no idea who that little one is...although all of them are adorable!  

THERE ARE Sooooo MANY  talented artists out there now...more kits than time !  Cassie Brace, L L Eagles ,  Natali Blick, Bonnie Brown are just a few !  

Thanks for sharing your babies everyone  loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 11:32

Bornannew wrote:
Jenny, I have no idea who that little one is...although all of them are adorable!

Thanks for trying to guess!  I think i got him way back in 2008!!!  He will be my mystery baby!  lol

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 23:18

I ned to do more Bonnie Brown babies......
Back to top Go down
bdtimm
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
bdtimm

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:32

Oh goodness! Good question. I am like Jenny and have a stash of too many kits. I should sell some and thin it down a bit as I have quite a few on preorder bigsmile and should make room for them. But as far as my favorite kit that I have reborned I would have to say Miracle. I have done two and I'm getting ready to do a third. But I also love realborn Owen asleep. I am doing my second one now and something about him just calls to me. I don't know why but he is very high up on my list of favorite sculpts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite all time sculpt?   What is your favorite all time sculpt? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite all time sculpt?
Page 1 of 1