R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook

Go down 
+2
Jenny In NH
pmurphy56
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pmurphy56

Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Empty
PostSubject: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 23:43

I am following along with this eBook and have gone up thru the rose wash.  For some reason my doll looks very orange/peach to me.  Anything I can do to tone down the peach and bring out the red?  Also, critiques wanted no matter how harsh.  Thank you!Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1210
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1310
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1315
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1313
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1311
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1312
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1316
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1314
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 3:14

Hi pmurphy!!

I'm sure someone will get back to you soon!! You will need to do some VERY THIN washes, but I am not sure which
color you should use. Please wait as we have some very knowledgeable ladies here!! I will message a couple for you!

I am on the east coast and in a blizzard, havnt checked the forum as often as I usually do - trying to stay warm!

Hang in there, answers will be coming soon!!!

thankyou!

Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 10:42

If you don't have one already I highly suggest you print this color wheel out. It really is the best I've found to help figure out what wash colors are needed to neutralize as I'm painting ;)
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook IMG_0465
Find the closest color on the wheel to match your doll and the color opposite to your vinyl color is what you want to mix up. Usually to neutralize peachy tones a light blue wash will work. I sometimes put a tiny touch of green in my blue washes and it helps neutralize very peach tones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
pmurphy56

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 10:44

Thank you ladies. If I do a light blue wash will it affect the red blushing at all? I'm guessing I'll have to add white to my ultramarine blue. I've done a blue wash using ultramarine blue on another doll and it was fine but I'm wondering if I add white to make a light blue if that will also lighten up the blushed areas.
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 10:58

This is in natural light the others were from dining room light last night.Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1317
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1320
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1318
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1319
Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Img_1321
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 12:22

You can use white but I've found I prefer To add a little flesh 08 to blue to lighten it ;) green will neutralize red so just go with light blue to neutralize the peach only
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 12:42

The light blue should work well. I think she looks really cute. The color wheel should help you, so you know what color to use to neutralize. If you feel you need more blush after, you can always add a bit more blush.
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:08

Thank you guys so much for the replies. I know time is valuable and so is your expertise. xo
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:09

I think she is looking good too .Also if you want to keep your blush areas you can avoid putting the washes on those areas by using your sponge and lightly go around the blush areas with your washes . But as Lara said you can always add more blush.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 2:51

I must be totally off - I am thinking she needs to minimize the yellow (which is causing the orange) and I would have chosen to do a purple wash?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook   Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook Empty

Back to top Go down

Advanced Strawberry & Cream eBook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Reborn Forums :: REAL Ebook Questions-
Jump to: