R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

question about a problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

question about a problem Empty
PostSubject: question about a problem   question about a problem EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 19:57

hello every one
in april 2015 I made a Knox by Laura Lee Eagles for a client
yesterday she told me that le baby was oily and sticky she was about to change his clothes and noticed that and ask me what could have cause this It is the first time someone ask about that
any ideas?

thank you and have a nice day

Monique
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: question about a problem   question about a problem EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 20:08

I have never heard that happening from an Eagles kit! I know the older Secrists kit had that problem years ago when the vinyl started sweating oil. It was terrible. I had the throw out 2 of my finished reborns. But I have no clue why it would happen to your Eagles baby. what type of paints did you us?
Back to top Go down
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: paint   question about a problem EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 20:14

hello Lara

I always use Genesis for all my kits for about 10 years this is the first time I hear about that problem
is there somthing i can do or there is nothing to do

thank you

Monique
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: mayb you can   question about a problem EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 9:24

Have tried contacting Laura Eagles and ask her for help/info? Maybe she will know what to do! Hope you find an answer, probably hard to get anyone on a holiday weekend though.

P.S. this happened to me on an old Secrist kit AFTER I had it all painted, it just suddenly "appeared" sticky and oliy! I don't know what to do with mine either, so its just sitting in the closet! Luckily I hadn't sold it. So sorry this happened to you.

notfair
Back to top Go down
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: thank you   question about a problem EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 9:29

thank you Jenny

Monique
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: interesting article on oily reborns   question about a problem EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 10:47

Monique wrote:
hello every one
in april 2015  I made a Knox by Laura Lee Eagles for a client
yesterday she told me that le baby was oily and sticky  she was about to change his clothes and noticed that and ask me what could have cause this  It is the first time someone ask about that
any ideas?

Monique

Hi Monique

I found this old thread, don't know if its what you need or not, but maybe you can read it and see if any of it would be helpful for you. They talk about using "denatured alcohol" which isn't supposed to remove the paint. I am not telling you to do this, I just wanted you to read it and see what you think about it. I am not an expert. Just trying to help you out!

http://secrist.activeboard.com/t34667767/how-to-clean-oily-vinyl/
Back to top Go down
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: thank you Jenny   question about a problem EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 10:56

thank you Jenny
but the baby is painted for more than a year and the problem just appear
don't know what to do or if something can be done for that problem

what can cause that and what to do to repare it that's the question

Monique
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: question about a problem   question about a problem EmptySat 4 Jun 2016 - 20:51

That is sad news and I have no experience with sticky vinyl on reborns and I've been collection for almost 9 years now - GASP - I didn't have any idea it was that long.

However, I do have a vintage vinyl Horsman doll that is sticky - I got him in 1954! He turned sticky after I moved to the humid south in 2000. Before that he was in the Western United States and just fine, but he was younger then.

I have read about sticky vintage vinyl in one of my Doll magazines, but I don't remember what they suggested as a solution. So I suggest you do a search for vintage vinyl doll and sticky oily condition and see what you find. I do know that baking soda, dissolved in water could help and a dishwashing solution, like Dawn, could too. However, if the doll has mohair - you don't want to remove the oil from that. It will become flyaway and maybe brittle.
Back to top Go down
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: thank you   question about a problem EmptySat 4 Jun 2016 - 21:00

thank you
knox is already reborned
the doll is Knox by Laura Lee eagle made it last year his mom told me about oily and sticky limbs and ask if something can be made to save the baby

Monique
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: question about a problem   question about a problem EmptySat 4 Jun 2016 - 21:17

Sorry if my reply was confusing. I did realize that you had painted/reborned Knox and that the problem occurred later. The suggestion about searching vintage vinyl is because some of those have become sticky and the doll magazines do make suggestions about solutions and have articles about what has and has not worked.

My thought is that it maybe isn't about the paint or the vinyl, but about the conditions of where the doll is placed or stored. The idea is to expand the thinking about what causes the problem.

I love brainstorming about new ideas and problems. Love being with people who just throw out a weird idea or thought and the next one comes up and in the end a solution is found. Did that when I worked for Boeing and IBM.

Back to top Go down
Monique
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: thank you   question about a problem EmptySat 4 Jun 2016 - 21:28

thank you Lindy

I will read about vintage dolls for sure

have a nice evening

Monique
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content