R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest

Go down 
+5
Karen in FL
cherielynn09
bearysweethearts
AmyR777
pia46
9 posters

Which do you prefer
Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Color1049%Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Color10
 49% [ 17 ]
Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Color1051%Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Color10
 51% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Empty
PostSubject: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 13:33

1) keep as it is and show nothing until AFTER contest

OR

2)Allow members to show WIP pic on OTHER forums and facebook
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 19:58

There have been 26 views and only 3 votes posted on this poll???? I think Sarah would like input from the forum members whether you intend to participate in AOTM or not?
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 21:20

41 views and 7 votes???
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 23:18

We definitely need more votes.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 0:12

I think the ladies that voted are viewing more than once .I know I have viewed about 5 times myself. But at the end result of this contest for Artist of the Year everyone is going to know who all the Artist are anyway...
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 1:28

bearysweethearts wrote:
I think the ladies that voted are viewing more than once .I know I have viewed about 5 times myself. But at the end result of this contest for Artist of the Year everyone is going to know who all the Artist are anyway...
You must be right since only 24 members have been on line since Sarah put up the poll and it has now been viewed 65+ times. Still only 8 votes means that 16 ladies that have been on REAL have totally missed the poll or chosen not to vote? Makes me wonder what they are reading??? perhaps only "Cozy Lounge"?
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 10:08

bearysweethearts wrote:
But at the end result of this contest for Artist of the Year everyone is going to know who all the Artist are anyway...

That's true! And I would think that would be the most "prestigious" award, too.
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 12:48

Sorry guys...just now saw this!!

My vote would actually be for being able to enter a baby that not only has been shown on
another forum, but has been sold on Ebay......I pretty much list mine as soon as they
are done....so hardly ever have anything that has not been seen!!!
Back to top Go down
Karen in FL
Karen in FL

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 21:41

I like to list mine as soon as they're done, too, but for the contest purposes, I think it's better if they are not seen beforehand just because I can see where that could possibly influence someone to vote for the artist that they know or like rather than the actual baby on its own merit.

That being said, I've never entered a contest here and may never have the courage to do so. Just my two cents.
wink
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 22:49

AmyR777 wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:
But at the end result of this contest for Artist of the Year everyone is going to know who all the Artist are anyway...

The end of each AOTM contest the winner is announced...and contest only runs 5 days...so baby doesn't have to stay anonymous beyond that...even if baby doesn't win.
not sure if I understood what ya'll meant there...I am soooo tired right now! LOl The end of the year award is not anonymous cause we all know they won the monthly award....I enter them in that contest, not the artist.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 22:50

cherielynn09 wrote:
Sorry guys...just now saw this!!

My vote would actually be for being able to enter a baby that not only has been shown on
another forum, but has been sold on Ebay......I pretty much list mine as soon as they
are done....so hardly ever have anything that has not been seen!!!

If I switch to allowing WIP pics and such then I will most likely be ok with selling baby as well. I will only ask that contest pics be different then your selling pics. So we can try to keep it as anonymous as we can.
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015 - 23:49

DreamWeaver wrote:
AmyR777 wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

The end of each AOTM contest the winner is announced...and contest only runs 5 days...so baby doesn't have to stay anonymous beyond that...even if baby doesn't win.
not sure if I understood what ya'll meant there...I am soooo tired right now! LOl The end of the year award is not anonymous cause we all know they won the monthly award....I enter them in that contest, not the artist.
I was agreeing with you. What I was getting at is the smaller, monthly contests are anonymous yet the prestigious annual contest isn't. That's all. :)
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015 - 9:56

Just voted
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015 - 11:24

AmyR777 wrote:
DreamWeaver wrote:
AmyR777 wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

not sure if I understood what ya'll  meant there...I am soooo tired right now! LOl  The end of the year award is not anonymous cause we all know they won the monthly award....I enter them in that contest, not the artist.
I was agreeing with you. What I was getting at is the smaller, monthly contests are anonymous yet the prestigious annual contest isn't. That's all. :)

Ok, it was my foggy night brain, or new baby brain, LOL
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015 - 23:21

LOL!! I'm sure you do have a foggy baby brain! She's a sweetie and worth every bit of it.
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 3:03

Voted ! Viewed once :)
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 13:37

bigsmile
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptySun 23 Aug 2015 - 0:26

Only 32 ladies have voted. Perhaps some of them will participate in the AOTM contests?
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptySun 23 Aug 2015 - 19:44

Oh my close vote!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 21:15

ok! it looks like by one vote, we voted to make a change...so I will really think hard about what to do before the next contest and let you all know what I will be doing here in the next week or so!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 21:44

DreamWeaver wrote:
ok! it looks like by one vote, we voted to make a change...so I will really think hard about what to do before the next contest and let you  all know what I will be doing here in the next week or so!
I am hopeful that the change will increase participation like it did originally.
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 22:20

Me, too, Pia! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 21:40

I didn't vote because I usually have "normal" babies to enter into the AOTM contests. I think maybe the change will be good, maybe it will get more participation?

Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 22:36

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
I didn't vote because I usually have "normal" babies to enter into the AOTM contests.  I think maybe the change will be good, maybe it will get more participation?

This is actually a poll for the "normal" Artist of the
Month". Did you mean you "don't"? I don't think ALL of the voters plan to enter, but I hope the numbers return to a higher level.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 23:40

pia46 wrote:
Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
I didn't vote because I usually have "normal" babies to enter into the AOTM contests.  I think maybe the change will be good, maybe it will get more participation?

This is actually a poll for the "normal" Artist of the
Month". Did you mean you "don't"? I don't think ALL of the voters plan to enter, but I hope the numbers return to a higher level.

Oh, yes, I should have said "I usually DON'T have "normal" babies..." kuckoo-crazy Too much going on in the background with my kids not doing what they're supposed to be doing! eyeroll
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 12:37

What are the requirements for AOTM going forward? Photos are due on the 15th for posting on the 20th?
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 13:16

Yes....pics due 15th...contest on the 20th

I am only gonna change the pics sharing.....I will allow WIP pics on other forums but do NOT share that baby will be in any contest and do not share that it is your baby in the contest and no sharing finished pics!

HOWEVER, selling baby on eBay or such will be ok but the contest pics need to be different then the auction pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest   Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes regarding pics for AOTM contest
Page 1 of 1