R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2

Go down 
+12
Jenny In NH
lullyna
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
jo_lil_sugars
rchick
Dreaming Angel
cherielynn09
miss cupcake
fay
loretta
mscenteno
izzy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 Empty
PostSubject: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014 - 22:06

This is way overdue, but I keep on mashing my babies before I get pics.  lol  I think this is attempt #7 now.  lol

I'll try to update this post regularly, so check back often for more pics.  wink  Any creative criticism welcome!  thankyou!

First Day:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Second Day:

Still needs some smoothing!  But coming along all right. . .

Third Day:

Pretty much finished!  Still needs ears, and a few finishing touches.  bigsmile Please let me know what you think!

2/23:

Wow, it's been awhile!  School has gotten in the way of my sculpting.  eyeroll  Anyway, I have completely changed my sculpt.  I decided I wasn't happy with the face, so I completely changed it.  She still needs some tweaking, but what do you think?  Anything that needs to be changed? (Please don't be afraid to critique.  I really need it and you won't hurt my feelings!)  bigsmile 

Oh, and she still has no ears yet.  I've tried, but they just aren't working for me.  grrrr 

3/2:

Ok, so it took me an hour to sculpt some ears that actually looked like ears, but now the head is in the oven!  Crossed fingers for no cracks and I'll try to share pics later today!  bigsmile Limbs will probably be awhile because a) I need more clay and b) track starts in 2 days.  wink

Out of the oven now, unfortunately, it cracked all over the head.  sad They're hairline cracks, but they keep on getting bigger, anyone know how to stop that?  IDK  Anyway, here are some pics!  Need name suggestions, haven't decided on a boy or girl yet.  bigsmile 

thankyou! 

Last edited by izzy on Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 16:27; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://izzyooaks.blogspot.com
mscenteno
Toddler
Toddler
mscenteno

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014 - 22:40

Wow Izzie! That is great and very interesting. You are doing really good... thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014 - 22:48

thankyou! so much! loveyou! 
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Finally! WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! Please take a peek!   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014 - 23:44

Way to go Izzi she is coming along great  bigsmile bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 0:20

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fay
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
fay

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 4:20

Great work, keep at it. Do you have a picture of a real baby near you to keep you on track as you progress? clapclap 
Back to top Go down
miss cupcake
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
miss cupcake

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 7:28

WOW!! its looking fab. What a cute little nose! I keep thinking i might have a go at sculpting but i have no idea where to start!!!  clapclap
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 11:05

Izzy...I think you have TALENT girl!!!

You just keep working at it....I think this is looking GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 11:33

fay wrote:
Great work, keep at it.  Do you have a picture of a real baby near you to keep you on track as you progress? clapclap 

I keep several, actually, just as a basic reference. But I don't always use them, like for this one, I just sort of free handed it. I kept on trying to follow all these different tutorials, and it really wasn't working out, so I decided I'd try my own way.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 11:41

thankyou! ladies!

miss cupcake wrote:
WOW!! its looking fab. What a cute little nose! I keep thinking i might have a go at sculpting but i have no idea where to start!!!  clapclap

I can try to help, if you really want. Just message me.  bigsmile  There are a few tutorials and sites that are really helpful.

Although, for this baby, I used my own way of sculpting instead of a tutorial. wink Usually, tutorials have you add a layer of clay first, then start to build up a face, but for me, it just wasn't working because every time I tried to smooth the clay, I ended up distorting it instead. So this time I built up the face first on the armature, then added a layer of clay over it (see pics).  The extra layer sort of smoothed it over for me.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
miss cupcake
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
miss cupcake

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 14:17

aww thankyou, i'll give it a try one day! have you made anything before from clay? or are baby sculpts the first ever!?
Back to top Go down
Dreaming Angel
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Dreaming Angel

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 14:42

Wow you are really coming on Izzy well done
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingangelnursery.webs.com
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 15:29

thankyou! Dreaming Angel!

miss cupcake wrote:
aww thankyou, i'll give it a try one day! have you made anything before from clay? or are baby sculpts the first ever!?

Baby sculpts are the only thing I've ever made from clay (besides little figurines for school projects).  bigsmile 

This was my first:

My second (tweaked from a mold):

My third (but it got smushed before I finished):

And now I'm on my fourth! (Or third, if you don't count the smushed one ;)
Back to top Go down
rchick
Toddler
Toddler
rchick

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 18:02

Great job Izzy you are doing really good. Your really good. bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Dreaming Angel
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Dreaming Angel

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 18:40

You are really coming on with your sculpting Izzy keep at it xx bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
fay
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
fay

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 21:40

izzy wrote:
I keep several, actually, just as a basic reference.  But I don't always use them, like for this one, I just sort of free handed it.  I kept on trying to follow all these different tutorials, and it really wasn't working out, so I decided I'd try my own way.  bigsmile 

Well doing your own thing is certainly working.
Go girl!
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 23:17

Aw, thank you. I have gotten her all done now, except for ears, limbs, and a few other fine details. Am going to post a pics very soon!  bigsmile Unfortunantly, I think her limbs will have to wait a bit as tomorrow I have school (these past few days were no school days 'cause the weather.)  wink 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 0:20

Bump!  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 10:30

Like I said....TALENT...girl!!!!! worthy  worthy 

OhMyGOSH.....I can't believe you're only......13???? AMAZING!!! You better stick with this honey...you are going to be famous one day!!!!!
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 11:03

cherielynn09 wrote:
Like I said....TALENT...girl!!!!! worthy  worthy 

OhMyGOSH.....I can't believe you're only......13????  AMAZING!!!  You better stick with this honey...you are going to be famous one day!!!!!

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! 

Back to top Go down
Dreaming Angel
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Dreaming Angel

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 12:14

you are doing fantastic could be a boy or girl looks very new born well done
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 21:28

clapclap clapclap clapclap bravo clapclap clapclap clapclap 
I KNEW SCUPLTING WAS YOUR CALLING!! When you got so discouraged on your reborn I'm glad you decided to give it a break and work on this! I'm impressed but then again I knew you could do this  wink 

Hmmm..... right now I see a boy  itsaboy 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 21:33

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
clapclap clapclap clapclap bravo clapclap clapclap clapclap 
I KNEW SCUPLTING WAS YOUR CALLING!!  When you got so discouraged on your reborn I'm glad you decided to give it a break and work on this! I'm impressed but then again I knew you could do this  wink 

Hmmm..... right now I see a boy  itsaboy   

thankyou! loveyou!

April gave me a few tips, so I adjusted her eyelids and nose a bit. I'll post more pics later, once she has ears.  wink 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 22:40

Wonderful, I will be watching for the post Izzy  happyhappy 
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 1:00

Izzy, you are doing great! I'm so proud of you!  clapclap  You are very talented.

I see a boy. You are going to be famous. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more of what you're doing with the sculpting.  hamsterdance
Back to top Go down
lullyna

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 8:30

Really beautiful!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lullynababy.com
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 20:40

thankyou! 
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: wow   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 1:51

WOW!!!! Izzy don't you DARE "squish" this one!! Its amazing!!! You are doing it girl!!!! You are a sculptress!!! worthy 

whoohoo 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 18:53

Jenny In NH wrote:
WOW!!!! Izzy don't you DARE "squish" this one!! Its amazing!!! You are doing it girl!!!! You are a sculptress!!! worthy 

whoohoo 

Thanks Jenny! I tweaked some more, but have been so busy he hasn't gotten any ears yet.  wink He/she does look a little better now.  wink 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2014 - 22:49

New update! Bumping up!  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: bump   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 14:37

amazing!!! you are doing WONDERFULLY Izzy!!!Looks like a real baby!!

weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! 
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 15:41

Looking awesome! The only tweaking i see needs done is the eye lids need more softened and rounded at the slits and creases. Love how she's turning out :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:34

Awesome, Izzy! Looking really good!  wave 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 18:29

thankyou! so much ladies! And thanks for the tip April.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 8:01

WOW!!  happyhappy 
Looking so good Izzy, keep up the good work  clapclap weeeeee! clapclap 
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 14:22

WOW Izzy you are doing FANTASTIC!!! It looks great!
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 14:30

Izzy, I really love the cute little mouth. I would definitely love to reborn that little face. Can't wait to see what you have next!  worthy  Excellent work!

Do I see a fontanelle on top of the head?
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 18:25

thankyou! so much ladies!

And yep, that's a fontanelle. I can take better pics of it later.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 20:34

WOW!!! Izzy Izzy Izzy!!! I think you have found your Nuiche! You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the great work. My 15 yr old daughter wants to give sculpting a try. Im busy looking for things she is going to need too!!!
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 20:42

Tinabloomfield wrote:
WOW!!! Izzy Izzy Izzy!!! I think you have found your Nuiche! You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the great work. My 15 yr old daughter wants to give sculpting a try. Im busy looking for things she is going to need too!!!

thankyou! 

Shoot me a PM if you want me to send you some links that'll help with your search.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 16:28

Head is baked! Update and pics on first page.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Rebecca Katie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 EmptySun 12 Apr 2015 - 21:42

WOW IZZY!!! I havent been on in a long time so I just saw this (I know its from a Long time ago) but i just had to say your baby is SOOO cute!! You did amazing! I cant wait to see more of what you do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2   Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally, WIP Pics of my newest sculpt! HEAD ALL BAKED: 3/2
Page 1 of 1