R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from New Zealand

Go down 
+3
Lara
RoseBlossomAngels
Poppy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Hi from New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySat 28 Nov 2009 - 22:25

:D Hi everyone, phew, I haven't been able to log on for the last month - must've been doing something wrong! But at least it is working for me now just in time for the new class to start. I have only been reborning for about 5 months, using the secrist pre-mixed colours, so will be great to learn more about mixing colours myself. I have a daughter who just turned two, so my reborn time will be during her short daytime sleep and at nights. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts and it will be great to share this class with you all

Sarah :flower:
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 0:34

Hi from New Zealand Hellofloweranimation

Sarah it's nice to meet you!! Glad to have you in the group. You will learn a lot from Lara. I took her first class and was very happy with the way my baby turned out!

Which doll are you doing for the class? I'm doing Lulu.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 5:53

Hi Roxan,
That was a nice greeting from you :) I am a little nervous about doing the class but I don't think I can improve if I don't take the next step and try different techniques. How long have you been reborning for? I am doing the Audrey kit, ever since I first looked at reborns on Ebay earlier in the year, I always hoped to reborn her one day. Lulu looks really sweet too, it was quite hard to choose one. As I've been having problems getting to this site, I haven't been able to check out what supplies I need until today and there are many I don't have, eeek... so I am hoping that our New Zealand supplier has them to send me this week or I will be way behind eveyone else! Looking forward to talking to you again.

Sarah :flower:
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 10:17

Ah, don't be nervous! There are many people here that will help you each step of the way. We have gals at all levels taking the class, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Glad to see you posting on the board!!! :D :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 20:07

Welcome! THis will be a great class! Dont be nervous, we all started somewhere and we all have different styles. I am sure you will do great!
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 20:52

Sarah I have been reborning for around 3 years now. I am constantly learning new methods of doing things. I just learned how to root from the cut end of the mohair and how to root eyelashes!!! I had never done that before the last class....so that was interesting to learn. I also learned a lot more about layering the paint to achieve that newborn look. The baby in my signature is the one I did in the last class with Lara.

The nice thing about the class being online is that everyone works on their doll when it is convienent for them and at their own speed. I think there are some others on here who are doing their first reborns....and the nice thing is everyone is great about giving advice and help if you have any questions.

I had a hard time debating between Lulu & Audrey.....it was really a tough decision which baby to do. I may do Audrey later on. I signed up for a whole years worth of classes. I am also going to do the Yarie class in Jan or Feb. I will be doing the littlest Yarie baby...Jack!!! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 21:46

Hi again,

Awww, I'm not so nervous now hearing how nice everyone is :D I'm really happy today too, I just had a scan this morning and I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby so I am over the moon ❤ Just hope I don't get really bad morning sickness this time round.
Wow, I didn't know there was a class for Tamie's babies!!!!! Hers are my favourite and it is my goal to one day reborn one of her sculpts to keep for myself instead of selling. Little Jack looks just soooo cute. I guess I have probably missed out on buying her kits now, they get sold out so fast.
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 2:32

CONGRATULATIONS Sarah on your new baby to come!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!! I wish you a very pleasant pregnancy with no morning sickness....I had that too and it was no fun!!!

As far as the class to reborn Jack (Yarie kit) goes I think Lara still has room for 2 more people, we got our kits from her so I believe she still has 2 kits. She has a post on here somewhere about still having room in the class. So if you are really interested you can PM Lara and see if she still has room in the class.
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 3:34

Hi Poppy and welcome. We are sort of neighbours :) I am in Australia.
I had to send a HELP email to Lara as I had trouble logging in too.

This is my first class with Lara and am looking forward to it also.Wish these classes where around when I started. All the best and congratulations on expecting a new baby.. Pauline
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 5:35

RoseBlossomAngels wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS Sarah on your new baby to come!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!! I wish you a very pleasant pregnancy with no morning sickness....I had that too and it was no fun!!!

As far as the class to reborn Jack (Yarie kit) goes I think Lara still has room for 2 more people, we got our kits from her so I believe she still has 2 kits. She has a post on here somewhere about still having room in the class. So if you are really interested you can PM Lara and see if she still has room in the class.

Thanks Roxan ☀ I had terrible morning sickness with my daughter, lasted all day and night, but this one seems to be different... perhaps it's a boy!!
Oooh I will have to see if I can twist my husband's arm for little Jack, maybe a Christmas present? 🎅 Thanks for letting me know - P.S I love the picture of the wee baby you reborned in Lara's class, she is just beautiful! What sculpt is she?
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 5:39

Pauline wrote:
Hi Poppy and welcome. We are sort of neighbours :) I am in Australia.
I had to send a HELP email to Lara as I had trouble logging in too.

This is my first class with Lara and am looking forward to it also.Wish these classes where around when I started. All the best and congratulations on expecting a new baby.. Pauline

Hi Pauline, it's great to meet a neighbour :) it will be great to learn from this class wont it - have you been reborning very long? Thanks for the best wishes too, I guess I probably shouldn't be telling everyone while I'm in the early stages, but had to share the news with someone!

Sarah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 8:44

Congrats on the new little one to come! Exciting!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 10:40

Poppy wrote:
Hi again,

Awww, I'm not so nervous now hearing how nice everyone is :D I'm really happy today too, I just had a scan this morning and I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby so I am over the moon ❤ Just hope I don't get really bad morning sickness this time round.
Wow, I didn't know there was a class for Tamie's babies!!!!! Hers are my favourite and it is my goal to one day reborn one of her sculpts to keep for myself instead of selling. Little Jack looks just soooo cute. I guess I have probably missed out on buying her kits now, they get sold out so fast.

Congratulations on the baby! That is wonderful news!!!!!
As for Jack, I do have 2 left at the discounted price. They will be coming in sometime this month. :)
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009 - 20:21

Wow have you got the excitement going on in your life!!! A new new addition to your family and a class with Lara!!! Congrats on both!!!! I am Sherry and I just wanted to welcome you to class and If I can help you in any manner I am one of the moderators here and would love to!!! Wishing you the best!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jlingo
Toddler
Toddler
jlingo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyTue 1 Dec 2009 - 0:08

Congrats on the new baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mothersperfectbaby.com
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyTue 1 Dec 2009 - 15:47

Poppy wrote:
[Thanks Roxan ☀ I had terrible morning sickness with my daughter, lasted all day and night, but this one seems to be different... perhaps it's a boy!!
Oooh I will have to see if I can twist my husband's arm for little Jack, maybe a Christmas present? 🎅 Thanks for letting me know - P.S I love the picture of the wee baby you reborned in Lara's class, she is just beautiful! What sculpt is she?

You never know until the baby is born (unless you find out with the ultrasound) but I had 4 boys and each pregnancy was different!!! But I am hoping you have a boy if that is what you want.....little boys are great!!!!!

I baby I did in Lara's last class that is my siggy baby was "Noe" by Evelina Wosnjuk. I never liked the kit before.... until I started reborning her and watching her "come to life" then I just fell in love with it!!!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyTue 1 Dec 2009 - 21:20

Thanks everyone for your congratulations :D I am really wanting to get started on my Audrey but still waiting for my supplies to be sent :| I needed to order every paint colour and there were only a couple of the other items that I already had, so it is going to be a very expensive order! I might have to miss out on the Jack class now that I've spent so much :pale: Hope everyone's babies are going well so far....
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyTue 1 Dec 2009 - 22:19

Hi Poppy - I think you will love it here. I am just praying for the best for your new baby. I'm doing Audrey too - several people are doing that sculpt. All the best to you and your new little one (the real kicker in the tummy).

I hear, on good authority, that protein and vegetables and B Vitamins help with morning sickness, especially magnesium and Vitamin B6.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyWed 2 Dec 2009 - 4:17

Lyndies*Lovies wrote:
Hi Poppy - I think you will love it here. I am just praying for the best for your new baby. I'm doing Audrey too - several people are doing that sculpt. All the best to you and your new little one (the real kicker in the tummy).

I hear, on good authority, that protein and vegetables and B Vitamins help with morning sickness, especially magnesium and Vitamin B6.

Aww thanks for your prayers, that's so sweet ❤ Yay, that's great you are doing Audrey too, I can't wait to see yours. I still haven't decided what colour eyes to give her, the hair is going to be a dark brown I think. Thanks for the food tips - I better try and give up the chocolate and eat healthier.. I seem to be craving milk at the moment, but I'm taking a pregnancy multivitamin with all the good vitamins in it. Have you taken any of these classes before?
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyWed 2 Dec 2009 - 12:26

Yes, I took the Noe class in September and completed my one and only baby. He is still waiting for a new body and more weight in his head. As soon as I get my Christmas decorations up in my studio I'll make him a new body. If you are on the Bountiful Baby Forum he is my siggy. I just love him - and poor baby is sleeping in a cradle made for a girl. I'm going to try to redo the cradle for him for Christmas, but I want to sew him an outfit too. Guess I'll be a busy Mama even though I don't have real kids!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand EmptyThu 3 Dec 2009 - 5:44

Lyndies*Lovies wrote:
Yes, I took the Noe class in September and completed my one and only baby. He is still waiting for a new body and more weight in his head. As soon as I get my Christmas decorations up in my studio I'll make him a new body. If you are on the Bountiful Baby Forum he is my siggy. I just love him - and poor baby is sleeping in a cradle made for a girl. I'm going to try to redo the cradle for him for Christmas, but I want to sew him an outfit too. Guess I'll be a busy Mama even though I don't have real kids!

Wow, you are going to be busy getting him all finished! That's amazing that you would have made everything for him, must be so rewarding being able to do that. :D I'm not on the Bountiful Baby Forum, maybe I should try and have a look on there. I'm getting excited, my supplies were couriered today so should arrive tomorrow so hopefully I can catch up with everyone over the weeknd :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from New Zealand   Hi from New Zealand Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from New Zealand
Page 1 of 1