R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sick Kitty. Sigh.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taylorsgirl
Toddler
Toddler
Taylorsgirl

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 13:12

Hello ladies,

I know I don't post here much. I mainly just lurk and read the posts. But right now I am in dire need to get the word out about something. My cat, Lafayette, is sick with a blocked bladder at the vets. It started last night and today he was barely moving or eating. I rushed him in and was told his little bladder is the size of my fist. If I had left him like that another day he would have died.

I have cerebral palsy and so I am on a very limited income. The vet has agreed to let me pay for his vet bill on the first of next month, but in the meantime that means I have to find a way to raise the money for them. I have a few reborns I am going to sell, but with Ebay fees I don't think I will make much.

A friend told me about this, so I thought I would try it.

http://www.gofundme.com/1a4co8?pc=fb_cr#description

I know times are tough for all of us financially, but every little penny helps. If you can't help I totally understand.

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 13:19

You can list babies on etsy, that is cheaper. Also, listing babies on forums like this one, bountiful baby and Doll-fan are good ways to avoid ebay. If you have a facebook you can list there too or make a youtube video (although I dont know how successful youtube videos are for selling). Hope your kitty feels better soon!!!
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 13:20

Oh Sara I'm so sorry to hear about your little kitty ....I will pray he gets better very soon ..... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Taylorsgirl
Toddler
Toddler
Taylorsgirl

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 13:34

thanks ladies,

I have been working on a baby for a while now...looks like I have to make sure to finish him asap. I will try Etsy and the forums to sell him. I know I could most likely get a higher price via ebay, but with the vet bill I really cant afford the hit in Ebay fees. I wish vets let people make payments, but at least the vet was nice enough to let me pay on the first of next month.. that does give me a few weeks to get the money together.
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 13:58

Sara, I agree. Vets should allow you to make payments and I really dont understand why they dont. When I was little, my puppy got sick and needed surgery, it was over $2000 and we didnt have the money upfront. The vets told us that they wouldnt let her die, but since she was a puppy if we couldnt pay, they offered that they would take her and adopt her out so they could make money and she would still live. It was heartbreaking. I remember my mother had to ask my grandmother from some money and my dad chipped in to help pay for her surgery too. Its just terrible. They think people must have the big bucks just laying around somewhere IDK IDK grrrr grrrr
Back to top Go down
Taylorsgirl
Toddler
Toddler
Taylorsgirl

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 14:08

yeah, they do think that...

I am on such a limited income because of my disability. I told the vets assistant and she said "Well if you can't afford his care, then you shouldn't have him."

sad

But, I can't drive and he is my only companion..he is with me 24/7. sad

I take as good care of him as I can, he gets the best food I can afford and he's had his shots...I just can't afford these unexpected things..

THe only reason I can afford to make dolls is because a friend bought me the supplies years ago and I use the least expensive kits I can find.
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 15:27

I'm so sorry about you kitty :( Last year my English bully had intestinal blockage and boy was that expensive at the vet! We have a very nice vet who told me about a credit card that would allow me to make payments. It is called care credit and can be used for humans and pets and it has 0 interest for at least 6 months. Maybe you could look into that.
Here is the link for you ~ http://www.carecredit.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 15:37

Wow that's really nice April! I will have to keep that in mind for my dogs if anything ever happens.
Back to top Go down
Taylorsgirl
Toddler
Toddler
Taylorsgirl

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 15:38

April,

Thank you.

I applied, but they said its going to take some time to determine if I am able to get credit. I'll have to call them tomorrow and check the status of the application.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Kitty. Sigh.   Sick Kitty.  Sigh. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick Kitty. Sigh.
Page 1 of 1