R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member EmptyMon 1 Oct 2012 - 19:52

Hi, from Sydney, Australia bigsmile

I researched doll therapy in Dementia Care, after chatting to the daughter of one of the elderly ladies who used to attend the aged day-care centre at which I volunteer. She was trying to buy a reasonably priced Reborn baby doll in e-bay auctions, because the old dear had rejected the doll Diane had bought for her at ToysRus!

They initially creeped me out, because they looked so real, however I quickly developed a morbid fascination for them. Since February, I have bought several kits and started making them myself.

My first doll, Shyann, by Aleina Peterson was barely passable, but not gross. My second, Sydney, by Pat Moulton looked more realistic, even though it did look like it was screaming it's head off! I was a little disappointed in my third, Franzy, by Olga Auer, but the elderly lady I gave her to, is thrilled. I'm currently working on Jen Printy's Lulu, and although it seems to be taking forever, I'm rather pleased with the results!

My family are rather underwhelmed at my trading creative cooking for Reborning. "The house used to smell of yummy stuff, now all you do is bake babies!" Sounds a little off when put like that!

Last edited by Hatchlings on Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 20:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too little information in the original version????)
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyMon 1 Oct 2012 - 22:10

welcome welcome :real: welcome welcome My daughter lives in Sydney and she reborns
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyMon 1 Oct 2012 - 22:42

Hello and :real:

I've been making dolls for dementia patients for many years now. I've spoken to a lot of the medical staff who do doll therapy with the patients and they've all said for me to do open eyed kits for the dementia patients because on more than one occasion, the patient got upset that they couldn't wake the "baby".
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyTue 2 Oct 2012 - 1:50

happyhappy Hi Hatchlings, so glad you joined RealReborn. This is a great forum for learning and chatting about reborns. That is a wonderful way to get started in reborning to be giving your babies to someone who really needs to love them. welcome bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Hi Trish. I'd love to meet others who reborn. If your daughter is keen, we could get to know one another. My name is Toni, by the way.   New Member EmptyMon 8 Oct 2012 - 18:52

Trish wrote:
welcome welcome :real: welcome :welcome : My daughter lives in Sydney and she reborns
Back to top Go down
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the heads up Karen. I'll remember that.   New Member EmptyMon 8 Oct 2012 - 18:54

Karen wrote:
Hello and :real:

I've been making dolls for dementia patients for many years now. I've spoken to a lot of the medical staff who do doll therapy with the patients and they've all said for me to do open eyed kits for the dementia patients because on more than one occasion, the patient got upset that they couldn't wake the "baby".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1