R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter

Go down 
+9
Orange_Grove_Nursery
photolady70
threads
Dianne1227
loretta
Trish
babyblossom
Poppy
SharonR
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 3:25

I feel so selfish asking for prayers when I can't bring myself, at this moment, to read all the threads where others are in turmoil also ... but tonight's news just tipped the scale and what I thought I could manage on my own, I find I can't.

I need prayers and loving thoughts for my daughter, her husband, and all the rest of our close family. Just have to love "the system" that protects children and never gives foster families enough information. Suffice it to say, it looks like my darling distraction will be going back to her biological family. We don't really know what's going to happen because every day the story changes. Yes, bio mom has tested clean for 3 months, but after court on Wed. she and the boy friend were ordered to both go test and they never did. One can only guess why they'd fail to comply, right?

So, keep my daughter in your thoughts and help me in asking God to do what's best for the baby and for us to have the strength to handle whatever that is.

Tonight, the straw that broke the camel's back was my rent-a-daughter calling to tell me that her youngest daughter who's 6, was either kicked in the head by one of their horses ... or was knocked over by the horse and hit her head on the bricks to the fire pit.

She has a skull fracture and is in surgery, right now ... as I'm typing this. She was life flighted from their home to the nearest children's hospital which is about 90 miles away. Please say prayers for Tessa and her family. They have had such a horrendous time of it lately even before this happened.

We call them our rent-a-family because 20 or so years ago Blaine (mom) wanted to buy a horse but her family is totally NOT a horse family. So Blaine called and asked my hubby and I if we would take her horse shopping and help her find a horse. We coined the phrase that we were rent-a-parents ... not foster ... not adoptive ... she just rented us when she needed us. Now she's like our 4th child.

Please know that I hope that the others who have posted in this forum understand that it's only because I can't read about anymore troubles that I don't respond separately to each of you. But you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 3:50

Oh no Sharon, both of those situations are so sad - I will definately pray for your daughter, her family and the baby and for Tessa too. Please keep us updated on both. prayer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 12:44

Oh my sharon! I am keeping everyone in my prayers! Please keep us posted!!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 20:18

I will be praying for them all Sharon prayer
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 20:19

crybaby I am crying for each and everyone of our big family in trouble...........I hope things turn out well for your family, it is all very hard to take in.......keep the faith and keep that chin up... loveyou! loveyou! lilangel
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 20:32

Oh Sharon words cannot express how my heart is feeling for you and your family

I'am praying for all of you

prayer
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 20:42

Praying for all of them. So sorry to hear of so much sadness.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 22:14

Got the call last night about midnight that Tessa's surgery was a success. They found something horrible like 17 bone fragments but the meninge (or dura mater I think it's called) was intact so there was no damage to the brain itself. The biggest issue for her now is infection because of how long the wound was exposed to air.

I'm going to call the hospital in a bit and see if I can get an update. Thank you for the outpouring of love and prayers. This community really is incredible!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 23:05

That's great news Sharon. We will all be praying that Tessa doesn't get an infection and she is as good as new in no time bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 23:14

prayer Owww that sounds really nasty, poor Tessa sad will keep praying
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptySun 11 Mar 2012 - 7:24

Sharon needless to say you are in my prayers, I am pleased to hear
the good news, long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 3:54

Made the drive down to visit Tessa (and family) in the hospital and what a little trooper she is.

Her mom called this morning before we left to ask if we (my daughter and I) were bringing her buddy, my 5 yr old granddaughter with us. I said we'd talked about it but thought probably it wasn't a good idea. If Tessa was supposed to be calm and quiet in bed, bringing Jaiden, the other half of the dynamic duo probably wouldn't produce much calmness.

I was told that when Tessa found out my daughter and I were coming to visit she perked up and said, "Jaiden too??" Mom told her, probably not ... and Tessa was so sad. I called my daughter (funny story about that because I knew it wasn't that early but my daughter forgot about changing her clocks) and said we need to take Jaiden with us because Tessa was really needing her *cousin*.

Which is how we got into ICU ... they're my rent-a-family so that makes Tessa and Jaiden *cousins*, right?

Anyway, it turns out Tessa did get kicked in the head by one of their horses. The horse had been aiming at one of the dogs and Tessa was just a bit too close. She was very alert today. Happy and giggly when she saw Jaiden and the two of them snuggled up in the hospital bed for coloring and stories for about an hour or so.

Again, thank you for all the support and prayers ... they were needed and helped a great deal.
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 5:48

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing better. As for the other situation...I could not imagine what they must be feeling...but my prayers and thoughts will be with them every day. I will ask my Mom's church to put all of them on their prayer list. Hope everything works out the way you want it to.

They say we live in the best country in the world...doesn't seem like the best when they allow things like unfit parents to keep a child and when men who beat a pregnant woman and kill the baby get off with a slap on the wrist. I say reopen alcatraz and let the ghosts have their way with the bad people... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2lnursery.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 10:54

Wow, poor Tessa. Will be praying. And also for your daughter's situation. It must be rough to get attached to a little one and wonder if they'll be taken away. Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter 571757
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 12:59

photolady70 wrote:
I say reopen alcatraz and let the ghosts have their way with the bad people... lol
Can I get an AMEN SISTER!!! ???
Back to top Go down
Dreaming Angel
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Dreaming Angel

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 16:07

sending positive prayers and thoughts
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingangelnursery.webs.com
mommy2angels81
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 16:18

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well as my church's and my grandmothers church. I know the CPS system for children isn't always the greatest but I am thankful for the loving mom's and dad's out there who do take these children into there homes and love them as there own. Know that we are praying for you and your family as I am for everyone else who needs thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 16:23

sharon you have my prayers, I know thats a tuff situation, can your daughter adopt a daughter who can't be taken back? I know its a sad time for all. You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012 - 22:06

Sharon, we were foster parents for years, and even though you KNOW they are not your's and you KNOW your job is to help their family reunite, it is so heartbreaking when you have to pack their things and take them to Mom. I will be praying that what is supposed to happen will, nd that Jaiden will be secure.

BTW.....your comment about Alcatraz is wonderful! Good use!

hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter   Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my daughter and rent-a-granddaughter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Prayer requests-
Jump to: