R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class

Go down 
+2
Karen
beverly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class Empty
PostSubject: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 17:08

I'm using either Daisy Brown or Steve/Simon Klinger for the Preemie class. I really need to use the kits that I have for now.
Can any of you wonderful moderators please tell me what wash I will need to use to neutralize either Daisy or Steve/Simon?

Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 17:14

I neutralized my Steve(and Simon) with a teal wash(bit more blue than green)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 18:10

Thank you, Karen. I should have known you would answer right away -- lol!! You're awesome. I've heard someone say to neutralize
Daisy with mint and someone else say mint with a touch of ultramarine blue. Any other moderators out there that can recommend
what neutralizing to use with the Advanced Preemie Classs?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 19:11

Neutralizing is a general thing for any palette. We're using a vinyl that is pretty neutral so that's what you want to do with your vinyl, is to take it to a neutral state. I haven't done Daisy(never did any Bonnie kits?) so I don't know the tones in the vinyl. You can use your color wheel to find the color that matches it the closest then go directly across the wheel to find which color is the complementary color which is what you would use to neutralize.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 23:08

Here is you a mix formula to begin you neutralizing, its always good to begin you vinyls with a few of the wash's to insure a good even base for layering.

Mix one capful of thinning medium
half brush ultra blue
one brush mint green or earth green
You should come up with a aqua wash if you want to soften it a bit you can add a touch of flesh 08
then you will have a dusty aqua tone.

wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012 - 23:46

I have a Julie kit here for class and I also have a Daisy Brown...their vinly color is pretty close to the same...just so you know.
I am sure Lara will be giving us instructions for neutralizing as needed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyWed 1 Feb 2012 - 10:12

We don't do any neutralizing on Real Effect kits (at least the old color) I haven't seen their new vinyl color yet. Use your color wheel to neutralize your vinyl. Once you have your vinyl a neutral color, then you can start painting with Lesson 2, which is the undertones. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyWed 1 Feb 2012 - 22:16

thankyou! everyone for taking the time to reply.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyThu 2 Feb 2012 - 5:52

Beverly I'm doing Daisy and Julie (although I won't be starting until next weekend) and their vinyls look really similar to me. Does your Daisy have the new Real Effect Vinyl I wonder? IDK
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyFri 3 Feb 2012 - 3:49

Hi Kym, I'm starting this weekend also. I checked on different sites that were selling Daisy and they all say that she is

the new Real Effect vinyl. I have an Olivia Stone Laura kit, too, and I'm going to look for her tomorrow and compare

the two vinyl colors, as I think she is the old Real Effect vinyl. Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class 430621 I'll let you know then.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyFri 3 Feb 2012 - 9:43

beverly the real question is, did you get her recently or have had her for awhile? The first round of Daisies were not the new color vinyl.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptyFri 3 Feb 2012 - 18:31

Karen wrote:
beverly the real question is, did you get her recently or have had her for awhile? The first round of Daisies were not the new color vinyl.

That's what I was trying to say Karen lol. I bought my Daisy a while ago from Nicky Creation, before the newer vinyl was released wink

Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 20:09

Thanks, Karen. I think mine is the old color. I bought her through Dolls by Sandie when she first came out.

Kym, I compared my Daisy to Laura by Olivia Stone, which is supposed to be the old vinyl, and think they are pretty much

the same.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 20:10

That's great Beverly bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class   Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Neutralizing Daisy or Steve for Advanced Preemie Class
Page 1 of 1