R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am about to order my first

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

I am about to order my first Empty
PostSubject: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011 - 13:19

I need some advise. I am about to order my first ebook. What would you recommend. What I have learned I learned most by trial and error. I have read things everywhere I could find on internet. Some say use this paint some say use that paint. Bake? Air dry? sea sponges? Makeup sponges? I watched some you tube videos. Geesh it is enough to completely confuse a person. I started out with the air dry because I had night mare I would put my baby in the oven and I would open the door and it would be a sold mass of vinyl. I have now done 1 with genesis heat paint and I so love it. It did not melt! I am sure I will never put a baby in the oven without the butterflies. I did buy a set of partially started ones to start out and one has the mottling all over and it was easily seen. I stripped her and tried to get the same look it was a no go. Anyway i am here to learn and ready to begin this new journey to improving my babies. I have several bountiful babies kits ( I hope I can say that on here, LOL ), I had no idea until Linda McClure told me about this site, anything besides ebay existented. I have no idea where you get your babies I keep seeing the names of babies and artist and no idea where they are. Sorry I got way off topic. I just want to start doing better babies.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011 - 13:28

Any of the eBooks will work for you, but for the new BB vinyl(it looks rather pale and almost grey) you'll need to do different steps to neutralize the vinyl before beginning the actual eBook steps(after neutralizing). You can find free tutorial in the Tutorials section entitled, How to paint the new BB vinyl or something close to that. What kind of look do you want to achieve? That's what will determine which eBook to start with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011 - 13:36

Hi! I am a little less green than you are, though not alot! LOL! I think the ebook choice kind of depends on what skintone you want to start out with. All the books are very step by step and Lara gives you a list of all the supplies needed. I think to start out I would go with Just Born. That is kind of what most reborn babies skintones are. You are going to do great and you will love this forum. Everyone is so kind and helpful. There are several places to buy kits etc. I like bountiful baby, Doll Dreams, Dolls by Sandie, and Dolls So Real. I have never ordered from Hunnybuns but I know that a lot of people here do and of course the REAL store sells some of Lara's premixed paints. I hope this helps some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: thank you girls    I am about to order my first EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011 - 14:02

Thank you I actually just saw that tutorial and I wrote it down so I wont forget it. I am not sure what skin tone I want to start with. I was just hoping someone would tell me is one easier for beginner than others. I have now done 8 babies. Several of which are going to be packaged to go to their new mommies today. This is the last day to take gifts to the courthouse for the children for the angel tree. I hate to see them go but helps to know some little girl will love them, hopefully as much as I do. I am open to new options here just curious where to start. I have painted my babies to make them my skin color. Maybe not the best place to start. So I guess I will start with the Just I intend to do all of them LOL I want to do a very red baby to be a devil (I bought a Nod) , then a paler angel baby, (Nod). I have some fairy dust to put hopefully somehow on the skin to make her sparkle. I bought a Quinton to do a Vampire baby. I want to do a fairy baby. I want do do it all. Every time I see somethign new I want to try it. I am busy and do not have much time to paint so I try to make every second count. I paint between loads of laundry and fresh mopped floors drying and such.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011 - 14:09

I strongly suggest the Strawberries and Cream as it has a few videos in it to show you some of the techniques as well as the written and photos. It also begins from a more neutral point so doing the free tutorial to do the neutralizing of the BB kits then you can just continue from the beginning of the eBook. You can get that eBook at link below.

http://realreborn.net/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=20
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: e book   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:39

Thank you Karen. I am hopefully finally going to get to order now.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: email address not found   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:46

Now I have a problem. I am trying to pay for my ebook and it says it can not find my email. GRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 20:45

debora jenkins wrote:
Now I have a problem. I am trying to pay for my ebook and it says it can not find my email. GRRRRR

You have to register for the store first. Try registering again and if still having problems, email me at kalena6@gmail.com. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: ebook my bad   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 20:59

My bad Ok I will try that. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 21:13

No need for sorries. Your eBook is sent..check your email!(since you use yahoo, check the junk/spam folders.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: ebook   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 21:45

?It came and not in junk mail. Yeah
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011 - 22:37

debora jenkins wrote:
?It came and not in junk mail. Yeah

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 1:23

Okay ... I just ordered Strawberries and Cream too! I need to get in touch with what I have been OUT of touch with for the past 3 years! LoL
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 1:25

Okay ... got Payment receipt from Paypal but nothing else ... maybe tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 9:48

You people gotta quit ordering while I'm in bed. lol As it says on the main page of the store itself, they are manually sent now so if I'm in bed, ya gotta wait! wink

BTW, its sent now.
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 13:13

Karen wrote:
You people gotta quit ordering while I'm in bed. lol As it says on the main page of the store itself, they are manually sent now so if I'm in bed, ya gotta wait! wink

BTW, its sent now.

Ohhh no ... I am SO embarrassed! LoL ... so sorry!! I just saw it is in my email!

kuckoo-crazy kuckoo-crazy kuckoo-crazy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 13:15

lol Don't be embarrassed either. I know how exciting it is to get a new something and waiting or it is always the hardest part!
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 13:22

Karen wrote:
lol Don't be embarrassed either. I know how exciting it is to get a new something and waiting or it is always the hardest part!

LoL ... I read all of that when I first joined the group, but last night I was just all "click happy" is what my hubby calls it ... LoL ... thank you SO Much for sending it this morning ... it's a darn good thing that you don't have an ALARM set up to the Check Out on the REAL Store ... we may NEVER let you sleep!!

lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 13:49

passionatereborner wrote:
Karen wrote:

LoL ... I read all of that when I first joined the group, but last night I was just all "click happy" is what my hubby calls it ... LoL ... thank you SO Much for sending it this morning ... it's a darn good thing that you don't have an ALARM set up to the Check Out on the REAL Store ... we may NEVER let you sleep!!

lol lol lol lol

That's why I turn off my tablet when I get done reading at night. lol
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011 - 13:55

Ha ... Very SMART, Karen!!

clapclap
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: my ebook   I am about to order my first EmptySun 25 Dec 2011 - 18:54

My husband came by the base a while a ago and I was going to show him my ebook I ordered and it is gone. I opened it once and saved it to a sub folder and it has disappeared. Help can I recover it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 8:32

debora jenkins wrote:
My husband came by the base a while a ago and I was going to show him my ebook I ordered and it is gone. I opened it once and saved it to a sub folder and it has disappeared. Help can I recover it anyway?
I can send it to you again, Deborah.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 11:13

Karen wrote:

BTW, its sent now.

You're funny, Karen! Now you know why sending the Ebooks always drove me up the wall! People would order w=after I went to bed, and I'd wake up with all these emails asking where their book was!

Maybe you need to make the 24 hour things really big on the page and let peopl eknow that they are emailed MANUALLY. By a real love person! lol Imagine that!

We did try the automaticac sending of books, ladies, but there were problems with that, too, so we went back to manually sending them. sad
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 11:18

But if things work out, soon we will be having them be automated again also. So far, the tests have worked, at least. wink
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: Remail   I am about to order my first EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 22:15

Thank you Karen please resend. Is there something special I should do this time to keep it from disappearing? I have no idea how I lost it. I finally get to go home for 24 hours in the morning. We are going to do Christmas with the kids since I had to work Christmas Day. LOL They called and wanted me to work tomorrow too. I am learning how to say NO! I am way too old to only have 24 hours off in one week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am about to order my first   I am about to order my first Empty

Back to top Go down

I am about to order my first
Page 1 of 1