R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

full update from moms surgery

Go down 
+6
threads
tanya1975
Lara
rebecca
joa44
babyblossom
10 posters
AuthorMessage

full update from moms surgery Empty
PostSubject: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:29

Im home now. I got home last night. Moms was doing ok but hurting and sleeping when we left. The surgery went well and she only had one breast removed for an easier recovery. The dr even said she could go back to work on monday as long as she was feeling good and having no problems!

Mom did well up to the surgery, very good spirits as were all 4 of us girls(her daugters). No tears just hugs, kisses and love you and a few jokes here and there. Once she got her funny meds(the stuff to relax you before they take you back) she was so funny! She shook her face at one of my sisters when they walked in the room, kinda slinging her tongue around and making noises...lol very funny! I then asked her, ok mom, where do you hide all your money? She said, in my purse, but I will never tell you!! lol and the last thing, she suddenly had her arm straight up in the air and was waving with a funny look on her face....we laughed and said who are you waving at, she said no one and gave us this look like why are you asking me that! lol Then she went back....they did let her take her mp3 player and listen to it all duringthe surgery, she was lsitening to preaching by creflo dollar and kenneth copeland....the dr even told her if it made her feel better he would pipe her preaching through the speakers so they could all listen through the surgery! Awesome doctor!!

We were all waiting by her room when they brought her in...none of us were preparred for what we saw. She is in visible pain and crying....it was more than we could take. one sister went to sit in the waiting area near by right away, me and my other 2 sisters waited right inside the room, the nurses then asked us to wait in the waiting area till they got her settled....they did but i couldnt leave her, i was so shaken to see my mom like that, i stood outside her room...which I guess was a bad idea....cause apparently, while i waited, I went into shock they said. I knew something was wrong when I felt funny and kinda sick, then suddenly very hot, light headed and lost my hearing...all I could hear were muffled sounds, i turned to the sounds, which was my family, and had I guess what they call tunnel vision or something...even though my family was actualy about 10 feet or so away, it looked like they were 100 feet away and very blurry and then I began to go down. My family took me to the waiting area..trying to get me to respond and drink something...they said my eyes were wide open but i wouldnt do anything or say anything........

once i finally started coming out of it I couldnt get to my moms room fast enough, but i had to still wait as i couldnt stand up or balance myself for a little bit.
It was a hard day for me, worse for my mom, but hard for me.

This morning I spoke with my sister who is still there, she stayed at my moms house overnight. From what she tells me mom is awake, sitting up and wanting to eat, and feeling much better. That lifted such a weight from me to hear that! I want to try and get back down there today again but i dont know how to swing it, she is 1 1/2 hrs or more from me and I have to babysit so i dont know if i can....I will talk to her on the phone in a bit though.

Thanks for praying for my mom ladies...i know there is still a long road ahead with my mom and many other things I still have to deal with in my own family, but one day at a time is all I can do.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:40

Sarah Beth I'm glad your Mum's surgery went well and she is on her road to recovery bigsmile

Will be praying for you all! prayer
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 17:09

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad she is feeling better today.....!!!!!!!!!!
You are a good daughter.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will keep the parayers coming.........

Joan
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 20:38

I am glad to hear that your mother is coming along the way and is recovering, I will continue to prey. angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 23:45

I am glad the surgery went well, but so sad to hear of her pain and of your trauma afterwards. You need to care of yourself, too! Praying for you!!
Back to top Go down
tanya1975
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
tanya1975

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyThu 8 Dec 2011 - 23:54

I am glad she is feeling better today!!!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyFri 9 Dec 2011 - 4:19

Really glad to hear your mum is on the way to
recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyFri 9 Dec 2011 - 5:02

That sounded like such a tough time to get through, but it is good to hear that your mom is recovering, I will continue to pray for you all too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyFri 9 Dec 2011 - 9:13

thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. Mom is home now and doing well. She should start chemo in about 2 weeks....i will keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyFri 9 Dec 2011 - 10:41

Glad to hear your mom is home now and doing well. My sister had the mastectomy and reconstructive surgery about two years ago
and is doing well. Thought it might ease your mind a bit to hear that. Keeping your mom and your family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 3:12

Sarah Beth,
Just catching up on the forum and read your post. I'm glad the surgery is behind you all. Sounds like you were about to pass out.. That's exactly what happens to me. It's weird. I'll be praying for you all.
Hugs,
Terri
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 12:26

So glad your mom's surgery went well ....praying for a quick recovery .... sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: full update from moms surgery   full update from moms surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

full update from moms surgery
Page 1 of 1