R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie from Michigan

Go down 
+14
Groovyday
sweetlilangelsnursery
Karen
2ndchildhoodnursery
pmorris
Trish
Lorrie
Samrat al-Hayat Galerie
audrey
joa44
Poppy
babyblossom
Lynknursery
mautallica1971
18 posters
AuthorMessage
mautallica1971
Toddler
Toddler
mautallica1971

Newbie from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 4:22

Never really said "Howdy Doo" when I registered...thought I would now. Just wondering if there were many Michiganders on here? I did see a couple! I'm just getting into reborning. I am a "retired" cosmetologist whom still has her creativity flowing! I specialized in nails for more than 15 years, and did a lot of very small nail art. Heck I even did free-hand beer labels for a lot of MSU students when I worked by campus, lol...Bud labels were always popular! I also offered airbrushing, but didn't enjoy it as much. I love the free hand work so much more & won many competitions back in the day. I finally had to stop working due to some medical problems that are ongoing...but I'll live & that's more than some people, so I am thankful!

I have a 15 year old daughter, Hailey, that plays tennis, golf, & races BMX bicycles...yes against boys sometimes even. She's ranked #1 in class in the midwest girls challengers class currently...so that's really keeping us BUSY! I also keep score at the races at our local track, or regional & nationals if needed. But we enjoy it. I'm also married & hubby is our BMX mechanic, lol! He's, for the most part, your typical counrty boy too, works long hours & loves hunting & fishing. Which I like too because it saves on grocery bills!

We do live out in the country with lots of dogs & cats...even though they all live in the house, lol. But, sometimes being isolated can be a drag, so I needing to find an outlet instead of setting in front of the TV, to wind down after a long day. So I thought taking a try at reborns would be fun. I'd like to make all my neices doll & see where it goes from there.

So I am looking forward to talking & learning from everyone here on the forum...that's for sure! I'm not sure how often I'll be posting, but still feel free to say hello!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/123PrestoReborns
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 4:38

Newbie from Michigan Welcomepinkflowers

You have come to the right place to learn, Lara's lessons are just the best!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 5:37

Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie too and live in Australia with my husband and 3 girls who all love reborning too!

Take care
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 7:50

welcome welcome welcome It's great to have you here.
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 8:30

welcome....you will love it here.......
I am not to far from you....I work in adrian,. michigan and live just outside of morenci........

hope to see some of your babies...

Joan
Back to top Go down
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 9:24

I see some especially detailed and beautiful Fairy babies in your future. Be sure to sign up for that class! They are adorable little babies that have pointy ears and usually a gorgeous embellishment on their little faces, and if you do a tummy or tusshie plate you can add some there. Kind of like magical baby tattoos!!!! With your talents you can do some really beautiful ones.

And I see some fabulous eyebrows in the offing. And I am already jealous. You see, as anyone here can tell you,
I HATE EYEBROWS !! So Welcome Welcome to R.E.A.L. Sit back and enjoy

Baby hugs, Audrey

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
Samrat al-Hayat Galerie
Toddler
Toddler
Samrat al-Hayat Galerie

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 11:24

welcome happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
http://myworld.ebay.com/fruit.of.thy.womb.gallery
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyMon 16 May 2011 - 13:47

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is a great forum... the best! Lara and the ladies here are wonderful! I am from northern part of the Lower Peninsula... between Houghton Lake and Cadillac. Glad to have you aboard. welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyTue 17 May 2011 - 1:48

welcome welcome welcome Glad you could join us all, even us newbies.... lol

wave happyforyou! clapclap
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyTue 17 May 2011 - 21:33

Hello, and welcome to REAL. You'll love it here. welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
mautallica1971
Toddler
Toddler
mautallica1971

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 2:38

WOW! I'm still getting familiar with everything & couldn't find my "hello" post, lol! But when I finally did...I was amazed! I just can't believe how many people replied! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WARM WELCOME! I just signed up for the micro-rooting class (better late, than never!) But in a couple of weeks I will probably try the ethnic class & maybe even enter the contest (whoa mama!) I just gotta save my pennies 1st for a few weeks.

I'm also very happy to have saw some other Michigan people here!

I am looking forward to all of this...in a big way! whoohoo

Cheers,
Michelle
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 9:42

Hi Michelle. Welcome to the board, like the others said you are sure to love it here. This is a wonderful group of ladies and whenever you have a questions someone is sure to be here to help out.
It looks as if the Michigander section of this group is growing rapidly. With any luck maybe we can get a dolly weekend going sometime.

Welcome again!!
Back to top Go down
mautallica1971
Toddler
Toddler
mautallica1971

PostSubject: for sure! lol   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 10:12

Thanks! Like I said I'm so happy to see quite a few Michiganders on here! We should try to plan something down the road! It would be so much fun!

....or get Lara to come to Michigan to do a live class! (*Lara, HINT, HINT!) Wouldn't that be awesome! Like maybe next summer...if not sooner! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 10:44

mautallica1971 wrote:
Thanks! Like I said I'm so happy to see quite a few Michiganders on here! We should try to plan something down the road! It would be so much fun!

....or get Lara to come to Michigan to do a live class! (*Lara, HINT, HINT!) Wouldn't that be awesome! Like maybe next summer...if not sooner! bigsmile

Actually, I believe Joy Franklin is working on getting something going right in your area!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 10:51

Newbie from Michigan Welcom10
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 11:20

Karen wrote:
mautallica1971 wrote:

Actually, I believe Joy Franklin is working on getting something going right in your area!

Well Joy, PM me with any details you may have so far and let me know if there is something I can do to help.
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 14:28

welcome Hi Michelle, you will love RealReborn. Lara's classes are great. All of the ladies are very friendly and helpful. Your nieces will love your babies! That is one of the reasons I started reborning, to give realistic babies to my seven grandnieces. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
mautallica1971
Toddler
Toddler
mautallica1971

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 25 May 2011 - 17:37

I so want to be included if something comes together! And if I can do anything to help too, someone let me know! That way I'll be in the loop...lol

& again thanks everyone for introducing yourselves!

Later tonight I may try to look up Joy & pm her myself to see what's the scoop! hamsterdance
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 1 Jun 2011 - 11:45

A get-together or workshop in Michigan would be awesome!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
keli
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
keli

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyWed 1 Jun 2011 - 13:03

welcome welcome welcome :real: Hello! I'm Keli and YES we are hoping to get a workshop or something for next summer here in Michigan! Joy and I had talked about it some...I haven't checked on anything lately, but I did have an awesome idea...that is maybe we can find a cooking school or any school that has multiple ovens! They would be on summer break and we would have all the oven space we need...just a great idea, if we could pull it off...haven't checked into that yet...I been AWOL for a few weeks...hopefully next week I'll be back in the swing of things...so glad to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down
mautallica1971
Toddler
Toddler
mautallica1971

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 0:35

Sounds good Kelli...keep us all posted please!?

& Rachel, I noticed your from Greenville, my daughter races BMX @ thrifty acres indoor in the winter-time in Greenville. Its in the old Meijer building on Lafayette...small world sometimes, lol!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 2:29

welcome

You will enjoy this forum its lovely and friendly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 14:20

Thank you ladies. Yes, I am enjoying this forum a lot so far!

@ mautallica1971: I know exactly where you're talking about. That was store #1 because the first Meijer started in Greenville.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyFri 3 Jun 2011 - 13:54

:real: Hi Michelle, I know you will enjoy this forum. It is great you have previous artistic talents to lend to your reborning too! Hope you connect with some other ladies in Michigan. Everyone on RealReborn is very helpful and Lara`s classes are amazing, lots to learn! bigsmile happyforyou!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011 - 22:19

Kinda late but sayin welcome anyway!! bigsmile :real:
Back to top Go down
Tiondra White Rapids
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Tiondra White Rapids

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan EmptySat 18 Jun 2011 - 9:48

Sorry so late saying hi, but hello and welcome! welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysweetpapoosrebornnursery.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Michigan   Newbie from Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Michigan
Page 1 of 1