R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!

Go down 
+9
bearysweethearts
Chrissytvi
cherielynn09
threads
Trish
lastingmemoriesnursery
Groovyday
Cindy Joy
MsKaylaGal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MsKaylaGal
Crawler
Crawler
MsKaylaGal

Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 0:02

Hi everyone! I'm a super newbie from California! And by super newbie I mean I've purchased pretty much everything BUT a reborn kit oho I've got paints, brushes, mohair, and some other misc odds and ends but haven't been able to afford a kit due to my recent court dates and divorce. Right now I am working with polymer clay and making miniature babies. I'm able to use the genesis paints on my little sculptures but I'm dying to get a kit and try out my hand at reborning! Maybe I can get my first kit next payday, but then the question is WHICH ONE?!?! I love the Buggy kit by Bonnie Brown but I would probably buy her if I found her and save her until I got REALLY REALLY good at reborning.

I would love some suggestions and tips anyone is willing to give me. And I also embroider if anyone needs anything in that department wink
Back to top Go down
Cindy Joy
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Cindy Joy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 0:07

Welcome... You are ahead of me.... I haven't bought anything yet!!! Been doing a lot of reading & researching... I think I found the baby that I want on Bountiful Baby (Shyann)... I guess I just need to jump in with both feet...

I hope you get your baby soon...
Back to top Go down
http://csjoyphotography.weebly.com
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 3:01

happyhappy Hi Kayla, welcome to Real Reborn. The Buggy kit is so cute. Here are some links to popular online stores where some of us get kits, www.bountifulbaby.com
www.dollsbysandie.com
www.dolldreams.com Have fun searching for your first kit! welcome bigsmile
Back to top Go down
lastingmemoriesnursery
Toddler
Toddler
lastingmemoriesnursery

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 3:29

Hi Kayla and welcome! Sorry to hear about your court dates and divorce. I know how stressful that can be. I would love to see some of your mini babies as those are my favorite to collect. As for kits utilize Bountiful Baby and the lower priced second kits or daily deals while you are learning. Saves you money and stress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastingmemoriesrebornnursery.net
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 3:42

welcome welcome :real:
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 4:12

:real: :real:

I agree use a BB baby as it would not be worth you starting
with an expensive kit, just in case of accidents, I think we
all started with one of these cheaper its.

Good luck with the reborning art, its so addictive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 8:10

Hi there!!!

WELCOME!!!

The ladies are right....Bountiful Baby is the place to start!! They always have a bunch of kits on sale...alot of them
really cheap.

Get a couple of these to "practice" on before you invest in a more expensive kit!!

If you have any questions...anyone here, I'm sure, are more than willing to help in any way they can!!!

Good luck....and keep us posted!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissytvi
Chrissytvi

PostSubject: Hi   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 12:26

Hi Kayla and welcome,

I bought the 2nd kits from eBay when I first started, I never found anything much wrong with them either. I have only done 8 babies to date and it was only my last baby that was a full priced kit.

Have fun Hun and I look forward to getting to know you

Chrissy xxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Babybeborn
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 13:42

Hi ,and welcome to REAL Kayla welcome :real: I just love Buggy also ,I have one put up have not had time to do her.So glad you could join us! bigsmile Kathy
Back to top Go down
MsKaylaGal
Crawler
Crawler
MsKaylaGal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 14:06

Thank you for all your welcomes and tips ladies! I'm so excited to find this new hobby :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 15:53

Welcome!!! This is the best place to start!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 17:00

Welcome. Kayla. My first kit was from Bountiful Baby but I was so afraid of messing it up, I practiced on a Berenguer doll by painting, then stripping, then painting, stripping, etc. etc over and over again until I felt a little more confident to apply it to a real kit. If I knew then what I know now about nearly everything can be corrected, well I'd have felt more confident. So relax, and have fun with it and know that almost any error can be corrected!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
katieperry
Toddler
Toddler
katieperry

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 17:28

Hi and welcome! you are going to have so much fun!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012 - 11:39

welcome

This is the place to learn and to get to know people! It's awesome here, I love this forum.
Hugs,
Jo
Back to top Go down
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Correcting errors   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! EmptyFri 2 Nov 2012 - 12:02

[wow]
Karen wrote:
Welcome. Kayla. My first kit was from Bountiful Baby but I was so afraid of messing it up, I practiced on a Berenguer doll by painting, then stripping, then painting, stripping, etc. etc over and over again until I felt a little more confident to apply it to a real kit. If I knew then what I know now about nearly everything can be corrected, well I'd have felt more confident. So relax, and have fun with it and know that almost any error can be corrected!
[/font]

Hi. Kayla. Pardon me for posting this personal message in your page, for Karen. She had just said what all reborner wanna be's want to hear. "Almost any error can be corrected" and I just had to ask. How?? Genesis heat set paints are permanent once cured in the oven but if we don't bake, how can we apply the next layer of paint?The thinner will erase the first layers, won't it? How does one "strip"? Right now I have a blank doll, Kelly and she has blue paint on her face and some subtle stains of black. Tried the odorless thinner, tried thinner with yellow- yellow orange (paint is like blue violet or red violet. I think the former owner had stained the vinyl with vein paint), but they won't come off.

Will appreciate yours and others' inputs. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!   Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie! I guess I should say SUPER newbie here!
Page 1 of 1