R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HI from Michigan

Go down 
+15
rebecca
keli
kathys korner
Poppy
bearysweethearts
pmorris
Lara
barb
sweetlilangelsnursery
audrey
Annabella'sAngels
Karen
Pam in Florida
slmartens
Lorrie
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 0:51

Hi. I am from Michigan and new to the reborn world. I have reborn a few dolls and I absolutely love it. Some people say the dolls are "freaky" and some fall in love with them. I am married with grown children and have 10 grandchildren. I will be done with my job next week and will be staying home to care for my disabled husband. I will be making a spare room in the house into a nursery/workshop and I'm super excited about that. I would like to try my hand at sculpting sometime.. but don't know if I'm quite that talented....LOL I enjoy reading all the posts and look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
slmartens
Toddler
Toddler

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 1:22

Hi Lorrie welcome welcome

REAL is a great forum and everyone is very nice and helpful. You will be amazed at how much you can learn just by reading and asking questions. Send pix of your nursery somewhere on here is a thread for that. Again WELCOME wave

Sandy
Back to top Go down
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 1:25

welcome welcome welcome welcome Lorrie! you will just love this forum. Lara's classes are the best!!! I am new to reborning too and still have lots and lots to learn..... I have you beat in the grandchildren department lol I have 12 weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 1:35

welcome Lorrie! How exciting for you that you have a room you can transform! I had one until MIL had to move in notfair but I'm so glad you will have one. The ladies above me already told you how great it is here and its true! I'm very happy to meet you and look forward to seeing your new nursery and babies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Annabella'sAngels
Toddler
Toddler
Annabella'sAngels

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 4:16

Hi~ welcome to the group~ you will find so many helpful kind ladies here! I love REAL and am blessed to have the support of everyone on this forum bigsmile I can not wait to see your babies~ whoohoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.annabellasangels.com
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 5:24

Hi Lorie, you are welcome here. We are all a great bunch of ladies dedicated to a wonderful art form. I also have you beat at the grandchild level with 12 grands and 2 great grands! You will find you have alot in common with many of us. welcome welcome welcome
baby hugs,
Audrey
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 7:09

welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 7:34

Hi and welcome to the forum im sure you will love it here and learn lots and lots. My kids used to get freaked out when I first started making dolls and they hated it when they brought there friends home and there were heads and limbs everywhere lol.... But they soon got over it and now they dont think anything of it. I love reborning its just the best seeing your babies come to life. Pleased to meet you.
Take care Barb welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 10:09

Hello and welcome!! HI from Michigan 668841 So glad that you found us. This is really such a wonderful group of ladies. I hope you feel at home here. Just jump right in to the conversations and you will find some of the friendliest and most helpful ladies around!! I would love to seee your nursery...and my goodness 10 grandbabies! How awesome!! I hope I have a ton of grandkids someday!! HI from Michigan 44677
Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 13:31

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I have been busy reading posts and learning already. I can relate to you Barb about the heads and limbs all over the place. In fact, one night about 3 a.m. the neighbors had a situation that the cops were called out and the female was at our house with my daughter. The cops were talking to them in my kitchen when I had to pull out baby parts from the oven... LOL... Oh dear... It does look quite freaky when there are baby heads on top the refrigerator, limbs hanging to dry on the table, etc. lol
Again thank you all again for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 14:07

lol Too Funny! I had the FD over the other day (forgot a pair of tennis shoes too close to the wood stove - how embarrassing!!) They saw an older reborn sitting in a high chair and said how "freaky" because they thought she was real until she didn't move.

Anyway, welcome to our wonderful group of exceptional ladies (and hubbys). Can't wait to see some of your babies.
welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
bearysweethearts

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 1:01

Hello and welcome! welcome you will love it here as everyone has said,I do know what all of you mean about these babys, I had a gentleman come to pick up his new puppy, I left the room to get the Akc paperwork, when I returned he was down on his knees tickling the bottom of my Toddler baby Bo Elle , he was talking to her, he said to me ,I think she is scared of me, she won't say a word. lol anyway can't wait to see some of your babies. hugs, Kathy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 1:05

bearysweethearts wrote:
Hello and welcome! welcome you will love it here as everyone has said,I do know what all of you mean about these babys, I had a gentleman come to pick up his new puppy, I left the room to get the Akc paperwork, when I returned he was down on his knees tickling the bottom of my Toddler baby Bo Elle , he was talking to her, he said to me ,I think she is scared of me, she won't say a word. lol anyway can't wait to see some of your babies. hugs, Kathy

I love this story! lol
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 1:06

lol that's so funny. welcome Lorrie, great to have you here. I look forward to getting to know you better wave
Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 1:20

bearysweethearts wrote:

OMG that is hilarious! lol
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 3:09

Welcome for another Michiganian!!! We have quite a few from Michigan on the forum! I'm near Lansing. Nice to have you join us! You will love it here. This is a great place to learn and share! Everyone is so willing to help each other. Lara is a great teacher too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:05

My first reborn lives in MI, with my mom lol
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:18

Karen wrote:
My first reborn lives in MI, with my mom lol
Really? Did you ever live in Michigan? Where does your Mom live?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:37

My mom and my sister both live in St. Joseph. I've only gone to visit. They moved there long after we were grown. My sister moved there because her partner wanted to move back to her family so she went with then when my mother got tired of my oldest daughter taking advantage of her and her money, my sister moved my mother out there, which is good because now she has someone with a brain close by to do something for her if she needs it. My mom is 82.
Back to top Go down
keli
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
keli

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 15:59

welcome Lorrie, glad to have another member from Michigan. Hey if we get just a couple more people from Mich on here maybe we will qualify to have the next workshop in our state! Hint, hint whoohoo Where do you live? I'm in Newaygo.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011 - 2:49

Hello Lori and Welcome to our forum and its so good to have you with us!! bigsmile

welcome HI from Michigan 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyFri 18 Feb 2011 - 15:37

keli wrote:
welcome Lorrie, glad to have another member from Michigan. Hey if we get just a couple more people from Mich on here maybe we will qualify to have the next workshop in our state! Hint, hint whoohoo Where do you live? I'm in Newaygo.

Yes a workshop in Michigan would be awesome... I am further north than you.. I'm between Cadillac and Houghton Lake... a small town, Falmouth.
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyFri 18 Feb 2011 - 16:37

Boy, we are scattered all over Michigan. I didn't know there were so many Reborners in Michigan either. But I think we are all right here! lol
Back to top Go down
Desi
Toddler
Toddler
Desi

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyFri 18 Feb 2011 - 19:40

welcome Lorrie!!!!!!

@bearysweethearts that is to funny lol
Back to top Go down
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyFri 18 Feb 2011 - 20:25

Glad you are here with us!!! can't wait to see pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
keli
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
keli

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptySat 19 Feb 2011 - 1:07

Quote :
Yes a workshop in Michigan would be awesome... I am further north than you.. I'm between Cadillac and Houghton Lake... a small town, Falmouth.

I've been to Cadillac and we used to rent a cottage on Houghton lake when I was very very small. This must be a popular state for reborning. And why not? we lead the nation is so many things...the best potholes, the highest unemployment... lol Maybe we can have the highest reborning rate weeeeee! At least that would be something to cheer about
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011 - 14:05

Welcome Lorrie to REAL! welcome

I've been under the weather and just now feeling like posting a bit so I'm slow to welcome you to a great place!!!! Hope you are enjoying it and looking forward to lots of sharing! wave
Back to top Go down
Sanet

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011 - 6:19

Hi and welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HI from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Michigan   HI from Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

HI from Michigan
Page 1 of 1