R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob

Go down 
+2
Jenny In NH
Lara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob Empty
PostSubject: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 19:38

I just found out last night that my son, Jacob's friend committed suicide the night before. Triston was 17, a senior in high school and played bass in the school's praise band. he attended Eden Christian Academy with my son, and they were both in the praise band and a Bible study together and Jacob was very close to him, they had hung out and had played video games together...not super close friends, but they were friends. We have never had had this type of thing happen to any one close to us before. I can't image what his family must be going through. He had younger siblings, and a close family, from what Jacob has told me..

There has been mixed emotions running through the school from anger to ambivalence, to making fun of the situation, to extreme loss and sorrow. Jacob is about ready to go attack anyone who says one hurtful thing about Triston, so right now I am just trying to figure out the best way to help Jacob deal with his pain and loss of his friend.

To take your life at 17...it's unthinkable...I'm just overwhelmed myself with it all. Please pray for Triston's parents. My the Lord give them comfort to remind them that he knew Christ...that whatever this boy was going through, we will never make sense of it, but he is home with Jesus in the arms of his Savior. And I pray that his siblings aren't too sad, that they remember the good times with their big brother and they find strength from God and from their family through this. And please pray for Jacob and for Triston's other friends who loved him. I just hope all the parents find the right words and have comforting arms and listening ears for their teenagers. sad
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 22:54

Sending all, lots of prayers and love in this time of loss. Praying for your son too, that his faith will help him find the way to heal.
Is so hard to understand, my daughters neighbor's son, also 17 ended his life. Family in shock, had no clue. (last summer).

prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:10

Praying your son will find the faith to deal with the loss of his friend. Kids today think their hurt has no end. Bless his family to get through the hard days a head. prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 7:54

Such a sad, sad situation...how perfectly awful.....
Our children are growing up in a desensitized world....where so many are choosing a final and deadly solution
to temporary problems......my heart is breaking for his family....prayers for strength.....
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 8:33

Thanks, yesterday was a tough day. He was glad he went to the memorial and was with his friends and older brother the rest of the day. sad
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptySun 2 Oct 2016 - 8:50

How is Jacob doing? Hoping each day gets a little better for him. Even as adults, it is a devastating thing to go through. prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 8:39

He's doing ok. It's been very tough. Justin had 4 little brother's and sisters and we still have no idea WHY. That's the hardest part. We are all just trusting that he is at peace with Jesus with whatever he was struggling with. It's so sad.
sad
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 9:18

Such a hard time. sad  Will keep Jacob and Justin's family in my prayers prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 21:13

Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 22:31

How tragic for the young man's family and so sad for Jacob. Praying for healing all of the hearts affected by this loss.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 8:30

I'm glad you got into the forum, Lyndie! I've been working at my dreaded J-O-B so much lately, I barely have time to check in real quick on facebook and REAL, but I saw your post yesterday and was hoping I gave enough info to get you back on so you could see the lessons for class. Thank you for your prayers for Jacob!!! It's been a rough week for him. His dad just moved to Florida the week before his birthday this weekday this week,also, so he and Zack now have the house to themselves. Kinda of a scary thought!!!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 18:06

So very sorry to hear this. Our family has also dealt with suicide, and it is not an easy thing. I am praying for the family, and for your son. God will give you what you need to help your son Lara. Trust in him fully, but im pretty sure I don't need to tell you that. hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob   Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer for Friends and for my son, Jacob
Page 1 of 1