R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy I found you all

Go down 
+4
bearysweethearts
Jenny In NH
cherielynn09
catnass26
8 posters
AuthorMessage
catnass26

Happy I found you all Empty
PostSubject: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 23:06

Hi, I am an avid scrapbooker, knitter, sewer etc. My new love is reborning, I am obsessed!!! I haven't been reborning very long, I had a class two years ago and didn't do anything with it until about 6 months ago. I have now made 3 babies and sold one!! I love making babies :) I find it relaxing and so fulfilling, people love babies. I just bought my first toddler, well my Mr. bought her for my birthday. I am so excited. I have no idea how I am going to bake her legs or arms?? Hopefully will get some help and inspiration from you lovely people. Thanks for letting me join :)
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 9:34

Happy I found you all Welcome-to-our-group

Hi there!!
Glad to see you here.....I haven't done any toddlers, but I'm sure there is someone
here who will be able to help you with that!!

I'm not sure, but depending on how large the kit is...you may be able
to bake the limbs in a halogen oven??? If it's one of the BIG ones....(like
5 yr old size??)
you may have to bake in a regular oven!!!

Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Hello and welcome!   Happy I found you all EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 10:22

catnass26 wrote:
Hi, I am an avid scrapbooker, knitter, sewer etc. My new love is reborning, I am obsessed!!! I haven't been reborning very long, I had a class two years ago and didn't do anything with it until about 6 months ago. I have now made 3 babies and sold one!! I love making babies :) I find it relaxing and so fulfilling, people love babies. I just bought my first toddler, well my Mr. bought her for my birthday. I am so excited. I have no idea how I am going to bake her legs or arms?? Hopefully will get some help and inspiration from you lovely people. Thanks for letting me join :)

Hi Catnass!!

Welcome to R.E.A.L.!!

Welcome to our "addiction"!! You are doing great!! Made only 3 and sold one, wow!! Grats!!

:real: happyhappy  welcome  :real:  happyhappy

Lara (our forum founder) has a toddler ebook in the REAL store, maybe that will also help you! (I would guess she can also tell you how to cure the larger vinyl).

http://realreborn.storenvy.com/collections/237661-ebooks/products/14492913-fair-skinned-toddler-ebook

I have not made a toddler myself, but like Cherie said, I am sure there must be a member who has and can give you some helpful
advice on how to bake your toddler!  Please let me know if you don't find any help with how to bake a big baby!

PS - Just put the amount of limbs that fits in the nuwave, cure, take out those pieces to cool, and then put in the rest of the parts.  Even when I am curing just one kit, I do two separate bakes for each layer of painting:  one for the kit and one for the belly plate (if I have one).  You need 10 minutes of cool- down time anyways and you cant paint all pieces at the same time.  So its no problem for me if I am in the painting mood, as some pieces are cooled and ready for painting while other pieces are "cookin"... :)

PPS - I don't use the racks, or the removable metal tray that comes with  the nuwave (the round one with the handles) - that is for meat cooking etc, my nuwave is EMPTY (which gives you the most room) - just my extender ring and towel on the bottom - I just use old towels that I cut into circles for the bottom of the oven, works great.    I started reborning using my families oven - until I noticed a funny taste on the food I cooked in there after reborn cooking.  Then I read up on the dangers of the fumes from the HEATED vinyl - I got my nuwave and I only use it in a small room with the window opened and the door closed.  Using a nuwave without proper ventilation is not really helping your health out, as you are still breathing the fumes. Be safe and have fun!!

Here is a link on curing the vinyl: http://www.hunnybunsrebornsupply.com/_heated_vinyl_toxicity_article_by_s__sullivan_

Happy I found you all Welcom12

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 11:56; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 11:30

Hi Catnass, welcome to REAL!  Glad you are with us!! happyhappy I used to scrapbook, still have my scrapbooking/dollroom . Reborning sorta took over my scrapping time lol  You can put the toddlers limbs in an oven as well, I do. Takes a little longer to bake. You just separate your pieces when baking . In any order. You just put the legs in a long baking sheet or pan . Bake them. Then you bake your arms . Then bake the head or chest plate. bigsmile  Kathy
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 0:24

welcome Welcome to REAL! Where did you take your class 2 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 10:00

Welcome to REAL!!! happyhappy :real: So nice to have you here! Can't wait to see some of your babies! And 3 already! Good for you!! bigsmile

I can fit most toddlers in my halogen, doing parts at a time. If she is too large, I use a large baking sheet, and use my regular oven.
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 11:24

Welcome to REAL! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 23:20

Hi  welcome :real: It is a pleasure to meet you...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy I found you all   Happy I found you all Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy I found you all
Page 1 of 1