R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to forum and to reborning

Go down 
+10
Stephanie
Lyndies*Lovies
sweetsherrie112
Second Star
kathys korner
stonehillnursery
Lara
sweetlilangelsnursery
CuteAsAPixie
Joy Franklin
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

New to forum and to reborning Empty
PostSubject: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyMon 31 May 2010 - 15:17

Hi
My name is Joy and I have been reborning only since February 2010 and am so hooked that I am on my 4th baby. I am quite proud of them all (spoken like a true mother)! In real life I am 63, wife to Tom for 44 years, mother of 9, foster mom to 8, grandma to 15, foster grandma to 5, and great grandma to Michael Patrick age 3. I was a Pediatric ICU nurse for years at the U of Michigan Hospitals, so babies are kinda my life.
I enjoy so much seeing all the beautiful babies you ladies all make and marvel at your artistic abilities. I especially have enjoyed Lara's babies and would love to take a class from her if I could afford the kits that are used in them. Can you take a class without using one of the expensive kits? Just wondering.
Hope to pick up some very useful tips and techniques and hopefully some really good critiques of my babies if I can get pix to load here.
Thanks for allowing me to join you all, and I look so forward to learning with you all too.
Joy Franklin
Nanas Joyful Babies
jemimadelilah (Ebay name)
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyTue 1 Jun 2010 - 10:45

Joy, welcome to our group. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I am an RN and worked a while in peds.. I am also a foster Mom and just completed our adoption of 2 of our foster kids last Wednesday. Welcome to the group. They are really a helpful bunch.
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 2 Jun 2010 - 1:27

Joy, welcome to the group. It is indeed an addiction of sort. Once you get started you just can't stop!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 2 Jun 2010 - 8:15

Joy, we are so happy that you are here with us, and hope you find the forum helpful! Everyone here is really sweet and will help you any way they can! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Oh, and yes, you can always use any kit for the classes. I would just be sure the vinyl color is the same, so they turn out similar with the pallet that is chosen. Only those who have the selected kit can enter their baby in the contest, but you can use any kit you wish for the actual lessons.
The AA class, we are using BB kits, and they are not expensive, at all. We also get discounts on the kits for the classes. wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 2 Jun 2010 - 10:13

Hi and welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 2 Jun 2010 - 10:29

Hello from New Jersey and welcome to the group..
hugs,
CArmen in nj
bigsmile
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 2 Jun 2010 - 10:54

welcome Joy!
Nice to have you in the forum. I bet you have nice ideas about coloring etc after working in the Peds ICU unit!
AHHH...Home of Jeff Daniels....We are neighbors! I'm just north of Jackson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyFri 4 Jun 2010 - 9:42

Welcome to REAL Joy! Sounds like you are one active lady!!! Glad to have you!
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyFri 4 Jun 2010 - 14:33

Welcome happyhappy we are all excited to have you here..... sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyFri 4 Jun 2010 - 21:07

Wow 4 in about 3 months - you are one prolific rebornin' Mama and I'm happy for you.

I don't know how long you've been looking at reborning, but after a while you will probably know those different colors of the kits before they are reborn and compare colors. You can always ask if someone has one of the kits for the class and can compare the vinyl of another one. I have lots of BB kits - older, newer, peach and pink and plenty of the other pricey ones. We all like to help - I guess we all mamas when it comes to reborning - teaching and helping is what we love.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyFri 4 Jun 2010 - 21:22

Sherrie,

I just noticed you are from KY! WHat part? I am in Adair County about an hour and a half north of Bowling Green. happyhappy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hypercowebsolutions.com
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptySun 6 Jun 2010 - 7:43

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will love it here. Lovely to meet you.. welcome
Best wishes Barb
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Thanks for all the nice welcome messages!   New to forum and to reborning EmptyMon 7 Jun 2010 - 1:21

I am so happy that you all took the time to send greeting my way! I am humbled! Truly, thanks for the wonderful warm welcome.
I absolutely love this art...the babies are so different for the most part from one another, and such a variety to choose from! I have felt like I was in 7th heaven since February. I don't know what took this long!!! But am glad I finally made it!
Hope to get to know all of you better and better as the months and years go by.
JOy Franklin
Back to top Go down
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyMon 7 Jun 2010 - 10:33

Hi Joy, allow me to say IT IS A JOY TO HAVE YOU HERE New to forum and to reborning 668841
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyTue 8 Jun 2010 - 20:33

Reading your last post I was realizing how appropriate your name is - you are truly Joyful about this art form.

I love the Michigan Tourism advertisements and it is great to visit, I've been there twice and want to go again, it is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Michigan and Tennessee   New to forum and to reborning EmptyTue 8 Jun 2010 - 22:44

HI
Thankyou for such a nice compliment...Joy is sometimes a hard name to live up to...but it is no accident when it comes to babies of all kinds..real or reborned or animal...there just isn't another emotion or word to fit them!
We moved here to Michigan 25 years ago, I was expecting Patrick at the time, our second son was in the ICU at the UofM after contracting a sinus infection that migrated into his meninges and cerebrum due to the flight back here, and our next to the youngest Joseph thought we had come here on the space shuttle! We had lived in San DiegoCalifornia...and trust me there are few similarities between the two places for sure. I don't appreciate it here as I should. I am constantly comparing it to the West Coast with mountains, and oceans and deserts. We could float in our pool and look East and see the mountains full of snow and look North and see the foothills and look West and see the mist from the ocean...all within an hour's drive. My husband says one of the only good things about Michigan is that here the snow is delivered, we don't have to drive to it! LOL
I have been in Tennessee four or five times and the two things that stick out for me are the people and the smell. The people are amazingly polite and friendly and helpful and genuinely kind. The air smells so wonderful you want to just stand and do deep breathing all the time. It is a combination of sweet and smoky reminding you of childhood Sunday breakfasts and camping trips before you are responsible for the packing! <G> It is a lovely place.
Michigan has it's beauty all it's own, it has the beautiful great lakes, the fantastic history, and weather that is always changing. Keeps you alert all the time.
Thanks again, and it has been lovely to meet such nice people here and I don't have to get out of my pajamas if I don't want to! LOL
]Hugs
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptyTue 8 Jun 2010 - 23:07

Ah Joy, I'm a transplant from Washington State myself and I was conceived in Missouri and all our family and friends were from Arkansas or Missouri when we moved - know what it is like to transplant. I loved to go to San Diego, back in the 'not too expensive to visit days'. I also lived in threes areas of California starting in 1951.

I've been to all 50 states and there is something to hate and love about each, I just focus on the lovely parts. I have a sad memory of Michigan, from before I was born, (World War II and lack of hospitals all throughout the U.S.) , so I was glad to go there and enjoy it. In Michigan I found quilters and great fabric - that was Joyful
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: re: quilts   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 9 Jun 2010 - 0:47

Ah yes! Absolutely nothing like quilt fabrics and quilters to make any place warm and inviting! <G> I hope one of the quilting places was Country Stitches in East Lansing and Jackson or the one in Oscoda (whose name I can't remember, something like the Ice House? or?) anyway it too is marvelous!
There are sad places and history everywhere, and I find, there are joyous good feelings any where also. Just depends on what you look for and what you are willing to see.
I do genealogy with a passion akin to the reborning, and it has taken me to wonderful out of the way places in this country in search of "dead people" as my kids and grandkids call them. They all too were looking for joy and peace and belonging. For some they found it, for others they continued to search and that is what took them to the Pacific ocean!
My mother's family were original settlers in Oregon, came on the trains. My father's family came from Norway to Oregon to the great forests to work in lumber. Our stories are terrific and ordinary and extraordinary...all of our stories.... and the goals were the same...make the future better and the present peaceful. Can't ask for better.
Joy
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: new   New to forum and to reborning EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:39

Hello Joy and let me be the first to warn you, You are going to love it!!! So enjoy the journey. welcome New to forum and to reborning Logo2010
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
live4trauma
Toddler
Toddler
live4trauma

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning EmptySat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:43

Hi and welcome

Debbie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and to reborning   New to forum and to reborning Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum and to reborning
Page 1 of 1