R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littlebabies480
Toddler
Toddler
littlebabies480

i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap Empty
PostSubject: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 19:19

In the step for flesh 2 and flesh 3 it says to add the paint to 1/2 tps of thinning medium. Is this correct or is it an error and should be the oderless thinner? Also, when it states to add blue dots does that mean dots from the brush and then blend with the mop brush or do i apply the dots with a wedge and the blend with a mop brush?
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 19:41

I have not done this class or ebook, so I am answering blind on this.

I should imagine the thinning medium is not a misprint, but if you don't like the medium you can use thinners instead.
As to the blue dots, I would say use whichever method works for you. We don't very often add with a brush though so might have to leave this aprt to someone who has done this ebook or class.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 21:26

Flesh layers is always odorless thinners, and as for the blue, you can use yoru sponge and then blend with your mop.
Back to top Go down
littlebabies480
Toddler
Toddler
littlebabies480

PostSubject: Re: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 0:59

Thank-You so much Lara. thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: Thinning Medium?   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 18:21

Is my understanding correct then that 'odorless thinner" can be used in place of "thinning medium"?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 20:16

DonnaT wrote:
Is my understanding correct then that 'odorless thinner" can be used in place of "thinning medium"?

Thank you!

Not always. In the case of flesh layers and blush, mottle layers and washes, you really want to use an odorless thinner. You can use thinning medium when you need your paint to be a bit thicker for more control for example veins and lip colors, crease colors, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: Ah Ha!   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012 - 0:43

Thank you, Karen! Now I understand the difference......guess I better get some thinning material!

bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap   i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm at an stop with preemie please help asap
Page 1 of 1