R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dont see much difference???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

dont see much difference??? Empty
PostSubject: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptySun 16 Oct 2011 - 12:59

I have always used air dry and am trying this heat set..I have the newborn ebook..I have done all the mottleing layers and am now doing a warm wash...could I be putting my paints on TO thin? i see it when i put it on..but after it is baked I dont really see the difference...........I am sorry for the questions but man there is a world of difference her in air dry and genisis......

thanks,
Joan
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptySun 16 Oct 2011 - 14:00

It does sound like u r thinning your paints too much. Lara uses 1/2 tbsp in her ebooks. She had told us at the last class that if you don't have a 1/2 tbsp measurer then you van just use your paint thinner cap. Then when filling the brush with paint make sure that both sides are fully loaded with paints :) Gope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptySun 16 Oct 2011 - 14:05

Got it..I am only loading one side of my brush...OPPSSSSSSSS!!!!
will try it again..thank you so much

Joan
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011 - 9:39

I have the same problem. lol Alot of times when using laras ebooks, her pictures look like there is more mottling when I can barely see mine. I just add more layers of mottling though until I like the look.
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011 - 9:53

With Love Nursery wrote:
I have the same problem. lol Alot of times when using laras ebooks, her pictures look like there is more mottling when I can barely see mine. I just add more layers of mottling though until I like the look.

YEA>>> thats what I did....... thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011 - 12:17

Less is better...you can always add more.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011 - 12:37

And remember, Lara uses the 1/4" mop when using reds, blues and purples and about half a teaspoon of thinner with them. I've learned to reduce my thinner a bit(was using too much) when mixing the mottling because I had to do like 4 layers for it to be seen at all. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dont see much difference???   dont see much difference??? Empty

Back to top Go down

dont see much difference???
Page 1 of 1