R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just thinking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 13:22

I thought it would be nice if we had a newbie section in this forum where we can post out first reborns and share our first time experiences with other newbies. Is there anything like that here? I notice there's a lot of professionals here I will like to see first timers creations too.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: great idea!   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 14:29

romeroliz08 wrote:
I thought it would be nice if we had a newbie section in this forum where we can post out first reborns and share our first time experiences with other newbies. Is there anything like that here? I notice there's a lot of professionals here I will like to see first timers creations too.

That's a great idea!! I will have to mention that to Lara!! whoohoo whoohoo  

I personally have only made 9 reborns, so I don't think im a professional yet!!  I know we have some members that sell their

reborns professionally, the rest of us are learning, and also selling our reborns!  Everyone here loves to see the newbie's reborns as well and we all

try to encourage and support everyone that comes to REAL forum, especially newbies!!    happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy

Lara recently held a newbie contest - did you check that out?  

http://www.realreborn.com/t23159-newbie-spring-contest-entries?highlight=newbie+contest

Everyone had a blast!!

http://www.realreborn.com/t23188-congratulations-to-the-winners-of-the-newbie-spring-contest?highlight=newbie+contest

http://www.realreborn.com/t23189-2016-spring-fling-novice-contest-logos

loveyou!
Back to top Go down
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 14:46

I cant believe you've only done a few reborns! I thought you were a pro! Well The reason I mentioned this is because Ive been thrue all the forums and all i see are people who seems to have been reborning for a while now. A lot of professional work and even thou I am enjoying what Im seeing I will love to see someone who is just starting out like me. I havent done my first reborn but already ordered my kit and Im about to start. It would be very encouraging to see begginers work here for encouragement.
Back to top Go down
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 14:49

By the way! Thank you for the links! These babies are amazing! I cant wait to try this out!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: welcome!!   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 16:11

You are very welcome!! We all started with our "first" reborn!! We all encourage each other!! I will have to take a picture of my first reborn I made on my own to show you. Maybe we can start a thread saying: "Show us your very first reborn - newbies want encouragement!"

My first reborn was made from a doll that I tore apart, stripped and painted! (that was a job all by itself! lol). She doesn't really have a neck.

Thank goodness I have graduated to painting KITS!!! Yay!!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 17:41

That's a great idea! It would be so much fun to see everyones first reborn especially yours. happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 21:55

My mom has my very first reborn! Her name is Grace, she was made from Secrist, Taffy. I'll have to get a picture of her. She is not very good at all, but my mom loves her!!!  loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: just for you! LOL   Just thinking EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 23:57

romeroliz08 wrote:
That's a great idea! It would be so much fun to see everyones first reborn especially yours. happyhappy

Here she is, my first reborn. I took apart a store bought doll, stripped her, (she still has ridges on her head from the painted store bought dolls) and proceeded to put too much paint on her .. she also looks like she has on lipstick and I got glue stuck in her eyelashes - lol   But I will always love my first!! lol

Just thinking My_fir11

Just thinking My_fir12
Back to top Go down
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 18:17

Wow, beautiful doll Jenny. You are so talented considering you took a regular doll and had to reborn her from scratch. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
romeroliz08

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 18:20

Lara! I will love to see your first reborn! How long have you been reborning? Ill make sure I post my first reborn for everyone to see. I have the kit but Im afraid to start. It came with Lara's ebook. This is how i found this forum. Bought my kit from Dolls by Sandy. I got a kit for begginers with everything included.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: dont be scared... just do it!!   Just thinking EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 22:28

romeroliz08 wrote:
Lara! I will love to see your first reborn! How long have you been reborning? Ill make sure I post my first reborn for everyone to see. I have the kit but Im afraid to start. It came with Lara's ebook. This is how i found this forum. Bought my kit from Dolls by Sandy. I got a kit for begginers with everything included.

I was scared too.. hehhee.. I was like paralyzed with fear!! LOL

Take a deep breath, follow the instructions and if you don't understand something just ask in here - lots of knowledgeable people here and they will help you!!

Just remember.. less is more... thin layers -- almost looks like you hardly changed it, but it all adds up to realism! My mistake on my first one was that I thought it had to look great right away. What I didn't know what all the colors and layers that went UNDERNEATH to make it look great!! Everyone's taste is different, but when I did my first one.. I didn't know what I liked... so I followed directions... did everything with a LIGHT hand, as you can always add more.. but too much.. then it looks like pancake makeup..

you can do this!!!

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just thinking   Just thinking Empty

Back to top Go down

Just thinking
Page 1 of 1