R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winner of the Sci-Fi Category

Go down 
+10
rebecca
CuteAsAPixie
beverly
Lara
Karen
babyblossom
Poppy
hazel_may(Janie)
Orange_Grove_Nursery
2ndchildhoodnursery
14 posters
AuthorMessage
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

Winner of the Sci-Fi Category Empty
PostSubject: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 0:30

Congratulations Hazel May for your Klingon!! Good luck in the final round!!

Winner of the Sci-Fi Category HazelmaysmKlingon1b

And congratulations to Karen for her Spock and Kimomax for her Frankenbaby. All the entries were wonderful!! Great job ladies!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 0:54

Baby Worf is...um, well not cute! But well done! clapclap I would have LOVED to see him in a tiny Starfleet uniform!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 2:25

Thanks Rachel. thankyou! His uniform is coming, and his hair and eyelashes and... he has a ways to go. eyeroll But he looks kind of cute bald. wink I used pictures of several different Klingons and ended up with my own version. This was a fun contest! All the babies were fun to see! clapclap clapclap clapclap

Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 3:38

Congratulations Janie!!! How did you get his head that shape?? All three babies were so well done clapclap
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 5:42

Congrats Janie bigsmile

You did a great job on him!

Congrats to Karen and Kimmomax too. This was a tough category!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 10:55

Congratulations, Janie! If I had to lose to someone, glad it was you!

I was very lucky to get my Spock together at all since I got so darn sick. I just didn't have the ability to take a couple of dozen pics looking for the right ones. The blue eyelids don't show up so well in the photos I did use, but he's such a cutie! Rachel made Spock's outfit for me(top and pants). I sculpted the ears and made the hand stay the way it is for the Vulcan salute!

Kim, I think your Herman would have done better in the Fantasy category. He was well done, though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 11:05

Congratulations!!!! Janie, he was ooo well done! whoohoo weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 16:43

Awesome, Janie. Be sure to keep us updated with pictures as your little Klingon progresses! I myself would have LOVED to make a Data baby, he's my favorite. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 17:29

Congratulations, Janie. What an awesome baby.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 17:53

They were all great! Congratulations, everyone! I was wondering how you did the that Janie? I've got to get to sculpting soon or I'm gonna bust!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 18:24

Karen, maybe you can do a new photo shoot for Spock, now that you're feeling better? I'd love some for my site, since I did the costume for you.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:25

Congratulations Janie, What a great job you did!! That took some good skill to make that shape on him. Very Good
!! weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! clapclap

Winner of the Sci-Fi Category Charer002Winner of the Sci-Fi Category 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:26

Karen wrote:
Congratulations, Janie! If I had to lose to someone, glad it was you!

I was very lucky to get my Spock together at all since I got so darn sick. I just didn't have the ability to take a couple of dozen pics looking for the right ones. The blue eyelids don't show up so well in the photos I did use, but he's such a cutie! Rachel made Spock's outfit for me(top and pants). I sculpted the ears and made the hand stay the way it is for the Vulcan salute!

Kim, I think your Herman would have done better in the Fantasy category. He was well done, though!

Karen your spock was so good, All was just fantastic!! hamsterdance
Winner of the Sci-Fi Category 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:36

Thank you, everybody! thankyou!

His forehead was sculpted directly on his head with super sculpy. When I tried to make it look more like Worf's head, it just looked like lumpy clay, so I did my own thing. I almost gave up on him several times because the clay kept cracking around the edges when baked. Even though I had the head packed hard with polyfill, the vinyl would still give in enough with handling to crack the clay. If I ever made another Klingon, I would sculpt and bake the forehead and then glue it on!

Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:53

Karen and Kimomax, your babies are adorable! clapclap
Back to top Go down
kimomax
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 22:14

Karen, perhaps you should learn a little more about Frankenstein. He was a science fiction creation in the movies. No more a sci-fi creation than "Spock". It is also apparent that this was really a sculpting contest versus a reborning contest.

Adios Ladies---you are all too rich and high society for me. You are a little click and it's is apparent on this forum. Now that I've said my piece, you can remove my name from the member listing.

Oh, ya, Karen, you should have never gotten involved with telling Lorrie how to run the contest. MYOB!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 22:38

I'm sorry you feel that way Kimomax. sad I thought your baby was well done. There were just too many great babies, it was hard to vote for just one. (And FYI, the only winner with sculpted parts was the Klingon baby, the other winners didn't have any sculpting, just reborning.)
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 0:04

clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap

Congrats! Awesome work!

All the entries were so good! Loved seeing all the work and talent!
WTG ladies!
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 1:24

kimomax wrote:
Karen, perhaps you should learn a little more about Frankenstein. He was a science fiction creation in the movies. No more a sci-fi creation than "Spock". It is also apparent that this was really a sculpting contest versus a reborning contest.

Adios Ladies---you are all too rich and high society for me. You are a little click and it's is apparent on this forum. Now that I've said my piece, you can remove my name from the member listing.

Oh, ya, Karen, you should have never gotten involved with telling Lorrie how to run the contest. MYOB!!!

Aw I feel bad that you feel that way too and I just wanted to let you know that I voted for your Frankenstein - it took me a couple of days to decide as I thought all the characters were very cleverly done, but I thought your Frankenstein was fantastic with it's colouring and I was very impressed. I hope you don't leave us sad
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 9:59

kimomax wrote:

Now I will say MY piece. First of all, I'm not an idiot. I know the history of Shelley's Frankenstein book, where she got the idea of the character and all. Yes, it was science fiction in her time but it would also qualify for the Fantasy category as well and I simply suggested it would have probably done better in that category.

You are also the first person to claim we are a clique(isn't a click, you click your fingers, an exclusive group of people is a clique) and never have I heard we are too rich and high society for anybody(to me, that's really laughable as I am probably the poorest person here). We welcome everybody here the same. All are welcome and all are treated with respect.

No, this wasn't a sculpting contest at all, but if adding clay to amend the character is necessary for REALISM(you know that thing we all try to do with reborns), then kudos to those who had done it. I can also tell you that neither Janie or I are experienced sculptors.

I got involved because I was asked to due to my experience in running competitions. I'm sorry you don't approve, but it was your choice to enter the competition to begin with, knowing I was involved.

Everybody is entitled to their feelings and I won't negate someone's feelings but I will defend those who are hurt by someone else lashing out. To negate those who did win the popular vote portion of this contest because someone is mad they didn't win a category is childish and uncalled for.

I'm sorry you didn't win, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by not winning the popular vote. Your doll was very well painted, too, but Lorrie chose to trust the ladies of this forum by having a popular vote to find the finalists.

If you have anything further to say to or about me, please take it to a PM so we can keep the drama out of this forum. We pride ourselves on not having drama here. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
kimomax
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 10:40

lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Bella's Babies~Melissa
Toddler
Toddler
Bella's Babies~Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 13:50

Wow that is amazing! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellasbabiesbythebay.com
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 19:13

Bella, your siggy baby is amazing too, thank you! And thank you Donna!

Kimomax - I loved your frankinstein and I voted for you. Your painting was very well done and very creative, and a cute costume! I didn't have my costume done, and I could say this felt like more of a costume contest than a reborn contest, but the fact is that it was a "character" contest, and meant to be fun for everyone! My Klingon is a reborn (Chloe by Joanna Gomes), and I worked on him for months! I am not a sculptor - I have just finished my very first sculpted head and will be starting on the limbs soon.

"Rich and high society" - Absolutely not! There are quite a few ladies here on this forum who are on Social Security and/or disabled (including myself having a disability). There are many single mothers here (including myself). I'm sure I am not the only one here who buys almost all of my family's clothes at the Salvation Army (that store Rocks!). I don't think "rich and high society" people are hanging out here. We "artsy" people are more down to earth! Some members have had the opportunity to meet in person, and have kept up with what is going on in their lives outside this forum - you will find that on any forum.

Clique - I am sorry you feel that way. Can I start by asking your name? (Guessing it might be Kim, but then, for example, "Nonie"s Angels" is Gina, so I have no way of knowing). If you've posted it somewhere else, I'm sorry that I missed it!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011 - 8:25

I'm really sorry you feel that way too Kimmomax sad

I personally think that the category you entered was the hardest one to vote on. I don't think it was a sculpting contest at all. I think it was a Character contest and if your chosen character needed some sculpting well so be it. The characters I chose to create didn't need sculpting so I just went about trying to create a baby as close to my character as I could. I didn't enter to win, I entered for fun and to try and challenge myself and hopefully improve my reborning skills as I went along.

I totally disagree with you about the clique. I have joined other forums before and quite honestly felt like an intruder. Here the ladies have been so helpful and welcoming to me and I love reading everything everyone shares. I like to offer advice and my opinions when I feel I can help others too.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011 - 12:28

AMAZING BABY!! whoohoo I just love him! CONGRATULATIONS! clapclap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winner of the Sci-Fi Category   Winner of the Sci-Fi Category Empty

Back to top Go down

Winner of the Sci-Fi Category
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Contests :: Non-Class Contests!-
Jump to: