R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer needed for my step-daughter

Go down 
+9
hazel_may(Janie)
CuteAsAPixie
pmorris
Karen
Poppy
SharonR
Lara
Lorrie
Diane
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

Prayer needed for my step-daughter Empty
PostSubject: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 9:54

My step-daughter had moved in with my husband and I a week ago so we can help her get her clean from substance abuse of pain pills. well she has been complaining for a yr that her neck and back was hurting and her doctor kept giving her these pills, telling her that it was just stress and send her on her way. he would not give her ex-ray till she requested, he did not do blood any kind of blood work, he didn't even send her to phyisal thearpy till she requested that also, so my husband and I had talked to the rest of family and decieded to move her and 7 yr old son with us. I got her into the doctor here and she has been diagossed with Chiari Malformation, which is her brain stem has fallen out of the skull and onto the spin, surgery is one way to correct it or you can be on pain pills for the rest of your life. she does not want that since the first doctor had put her on them for a yr already and she didnt like that she wants a normal life not poping pills all day every day. so as you can see we need your prayers to help use all. And please be aware of your doctor if you feel there is something wrong and your doctor does not want to take time to do any test Please get a secound oppinion. Thank you so much so all your prayers, and God Bless you all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 12:41

Wow! That is terrible! Some doctores are jst worthless in their work!
I will keep her in my pryaers!
Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 12:55

Thoughts and prayers for your stepdaughter and for your family. This makes me thankful for my doctor that I trust. God Bless you and your family. I hope everything goes well for her.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 14:11

I will be praying for you all!!! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 17:49

She is so lucky to have you in her life as an advocate for her health and not taking one doctor's laziness as gospel!

prayer and loveyou!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011 - 19:55

That is terrible, some doctors are just useless! I will be praying for you all prayer
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 16 Apr 2011 - 6:20

Diane, Hazel_May(Janie) right here on this forum also has Chiari. She can be a great support system for you and your daughter and I'm sure she could also hook you up with other support groups for it.

Your daughter has a very painful condition and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 16 Apr 2011 - 9:12

Diane:
When I was working in the acute physical rehab, we had a young lady who just had surgery to correct this (that was about 18-20 yrs ago). I see her around town once in a while, she is fully functional and very glad she had surgery to correct her problem. Although, I am not sure surgery would be the best option for your daughter.

Find a reputable MD, that gives you comfort and is willing to teach, teach, teach - and then follow his advice.

Good luck sweetie, we are all here supporting you (and her) with our prayers and listening ears/eyes.

God Bless,
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:21

Hope she is better soon. I am not familiar with that, but I was just diagnosed with something called Syrinx. I wonder if it's related? I will have to do some research on that.. God bless and I will be praying.
Terri
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011 - 23:56

Oh my gosh! We can start our own Chiari/Syringomyelia support group right here on Lara's forum!

Terri - do you know what caused your syrinx? Chiari Malformation is the #1 cause of this.

My Chiari story is a long one, and complicated by the fact that I now have 4 lesions that look like MS lesions. When I had my 1st MRI in 2004, the neurologist told me it was normal, but my family doctor who had ordered the test and referred me to the neuro (because she thought I had/have MS) told me there was a lesion. I got copies of the MRI report and not only did it show a lesion, but it also said "low lying cerebellar tonsils of unknown significance." So I started googling. A year later I had another MRI which showed no changes, but I brought up the possibility of Chiari and the neuro (same one as the last year) said my "herniation" was within normal limits. (They have since changed the diagnostic criteria for Chiari. The Cerebral Spinal fluid can be blocked and the brain stem can be compressed without any herniation at all). I wasn't diagnosed with Chiari until 2007, and the only reason I was even diagnosed was because my GP believed all along that there was something neurological going on. (Note: the neurologist I had been seeing actually put in my medical records that my symptoms were psychosomatic! ALWAYS get copies of your medical records, study them, and keep them in a binder that you can easily take with you when you see a new doctor!) I took a bunch of articles that I had printed off the internet to my GP and told her I thought I had Chiari. She believed me, and got me in with a new neurologist at Mayo Clinic. Before I consented to the surgery, I got a third opinion at Gundersen-Lutheral in La Crosse, WI and that is where I had my surgery. I would do it again (and may have to). The surgery didn't "cure" me by any means - there is no cure yet for Chiari, and the success rate for the surgery to completely resolve all symptoms is only 30-40%. But having the surgery greatly reduces the chances of developing a syrinx. It seems that the younger you are when you are diagnosed, the fewer the symptoms you have, and the less time that has passed since the onset of symptoms, the better the outcome of surgery. For me it was 7 years since the onset of symptoms - my 1st symptom was hand tremors, and by the time I had surgery I was in constant pain (head, neck, back, shoulders), depressed, had trouble swallowing, hoarse voice, balance problems, incontenance, my ears were constantly ringing, muscle cramps in my feet, hicoughs that lasted for days... so many symptoms I can't even remember them all. Some symptoms are gone, some are better, some I still have - mostly pain.

I'll post some pics of my surgery if anyone wants to see them.

Here is a good pamphlet on Chiari and Syrinx-
http://www.conquerchiari.org/Chiari%20Overview%202010.pdf

www.conquerchiari.org is my favorite Chiari site, www.asap.org is also a good web site for Syringomyelia/Syrinx and Chiari. There are several on-line support groups - I am in one on facebook - Zipperheads for Chiari (if you've had Chiari surgery, you are a "zipperhead" - that is what the incission looks like wink )
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 8:46

I have had pain for so long, I finally sought treatment again. Kinda tired of no one figuring it out... I've seen a chiropractor for the last 27 years and it has helped. They kept saying fibromyalgia, which I still think I have. My Dr. finally sent me to a pain clinic for mgt. of the fibromyalgia. At first he kinda brushed me off, but since I've had a lot of numbness and tingling in my hands and arms, he thought he should rule it out. I had an MRI, then they called and wanted a repeat with contrast. I do have a small syrinx at T1 and 2 bulging discs at C5-6 and C6-7. He sent me to another Dr. for my shoulder. They did an MRI with contrast (angiogram) and the repeat MRI on my spine. I spent 3 hours in that tube. Anyway, I have arthritis in all those joints and my shoulder has a torn rotator cuff, which also needs surgery. (6 month recuperation) If anyone has had this surgery I need to know what it involves. On top of everything else, I am lower abdominal pain for a long time. Went to the OB/Gyn, she finds blood in my urine 2 times with no WBC, (-) cultures and says interstitial cystitis probably. They've done a couple of test and ultrasounds. I'm having lots of cysts on my ovaries and a spot on the vag. cuff, which concerns her. The day before my SIL was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, the GYN calls me to come in for 2 cancer marker tests (my mother had vaginal cancer at 30) and the pain Dr. calls me about the syrinx. and I have an appt. with the GI and find out I have IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). I had a repeat of the ultrasound and the vag. lesion has gotten a little bigger in 5 weeks, so she is doing a repeat in July. I've had a breathe test for the bacteria that causes IBS and a colonoscopy last Friday. I had polyps and a diagnosis of diverticulosis. Sometimes ignorance is bliss... Anyway the OB and I are talking about removing my ovaries and repairing all the adhesions that I have from 3 c sections and the partial hysterectomy in a few weeks. She may be able to do that with robotix. (Hoping) I start the first of my 3 epidural injections for the bulging disc, which is causing me the most pain. I am not having any gait issues yet from the syrinx and I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion, which I guess I should. I've been a little overwhelmed. This has all been in the last 4-6 weeks and I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams...Last night I went to read up on the chiari and saw that about the relationship to the syrinx. I do have my films, DVDs and a binder started. I have no idea when I am going to have my rotator cuff fixed, but I hear it's the worst and I won't be able to do anything for 6-8 weeks. I am going to enjoy my granddaughter in 6 weeks when she is born and try to put off the shoulder. I've slowed down on my reborning a bit, but am not stopping. It's what I love to do! Will be praying for you both, too. I am going to start doing some more research... Thanks for sharing, Janie...
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 11:49

Terri, wow! You have so much happening all at once! I've been through some of what you are going through. I had a hysterectomy for adenomyosis (similar to endometriosis but the tissue grows into the uteran wall instead of outside of the uterus as in endo.) when I was 37 and they took my overies because I had a history of cysts. I had adhesions from 4 c-sections and they removed those at the same time. During that surgery they nicked an artery (don't worry! My arteries are not where they are supposed to be - I've had nicked arteries in 2 surgeries. Some of my organs and also some of my daughters are either mis-shapen or not in the right place) and I ended up having 2 more abdominal surgeries because of that, so now the adhesions are back. grrrr My daughter had her hysterectomy last fall when she was 30, also for adenomyeosis but they left her ovaries. She had a hystery of cysts and is still getting them. I wish they had taken one overy - it would have cut her risk of cysts and cancer in half! She probably has Lupus but so far her tests are borderline. She has a serious eye condition called scleritis which is more comonly seen in people with Lupus. The first attack was really bad and scary, but her flairs since have not been as bad. She has had surgery to remove a portion of intestinal tissue that died and also had a ruptured appendix that was not in the right place.

I had a large tubular adenoma (type of colon polyp) removed when I was 40. I have artheritis in my neck, back, and shoulders seen on MRIs (and probably several other joints), and I had a torn muscle in my shoulder before I was diagnosed with Chiari (Chiarians frequently have bad/weak shoulders) that healed without surgery. I also have osteopenia (pre-osteoporosis) and severe asthma. eyeroll

People diagnosed with Fibromyalgia have a higher risk of Chiari, as do people with scoliosis. The IBS is common in Fybro patients, as is endometriosis. Not sure about the other stuff you have going on. Most of the Chiari experts advise that Chiarians not go to Chiropractors - I'm glad you have had good experiences there. I definately believe in 2nd and even 3rd opinions. I would hope that when you have your ovaries removed that they will also take your cervix. Also, when you have your next MRI, try to get a CINE MRI (if there is one in your area). This can show a Chiari Malformation that is not seen on regular MRI's.

Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 12:08

Diane, your daughter in law will certainly be in my prayers! She is so fortunate to have you to be an advocate for her! Doctors can be intimidating (and some are dumber than a box of rocks - JMO!) so it is always good to take someone with you when you are seeking advise for a serious condition. I drive my docs nuts because I come prepaired with a list of questions, and articles from the internet. Doctors don't like patients who google and clallenge their knowledge, and always try to convince me that the info on the net is incorrect, so be sure you go to reptutable sites and find the same info at more than one site!

Also, I wanted to say that I do know Chiarians who have chosen not to have surgery and are managing their symptoms with medication and lyfestyle changes. I was diagnosed in March 2007 but didn't have my surgery until Sept. I needed that time to make my decission and prepare myself and children for any outcome. During that time, my relationship with God became so much stronger, and as much as I have suffered with Chiari, I am thankful that I have it because I know God has a reason for it. Chiari has humbled me, and my lifestyle has been changed for the better because of it. yeseree
Back to top Go down
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 15:03

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers, she is doing better with still in alot of pain though but better, she goes in for another MRI on her brain on Monday the first one she had took the brain stem has fallen 9 mil. she has accepted it and just dealing with it for now the neosurgen from Denver will be calling soon we hope maybe they wont call till after her second MRI. She hurts on her back and neck and her joints (her joints hurts more espacially in the morning). she hurts when it comes to driving, the doctor has told her no straining and lifting over 5 lbs. I have put off my reborns to make,as well to pc time to comfort and talk to her, although she does want to make a her reborn. Do you think it be a wise idea for her to make one? Again thank you
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 16:42

Absolutely, I think it would be a great idea for her to make one! It will take her mind off of the pain. I love reborning! If she doesn't enjoy it, I would suggest she find a hobby that she does enjoy (that is not strenuous). With Chiari, you have to take advantage of the good days when you have them!

Try to get her to learn as much as she can about Chiari. It will help her in making decissions about her medical care, and also help her find things that increase or decrease her pain. I wear a cervical collar when I am in a lot of pain and it does ease my headaches. I call it "the cone of shame" from the movie "Up" because I hate wearing it in public - but I do wear it in public if I need it. I have discovered a lot of things that bring on my headaches or make them worse, so I try to avoid them. She will learn what works for her - there is no choice! We just have to learn to live with it (even after surgery). notfair

It will be hard for her not to lift more than 5 pounds, especially having a child. That is probably the hardest thing for me, and my family gets on me all the time for overdoing it or not asking for help. sad
Back to top Go down
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 9:40

oh thank you, I have saved all the differant sites you have told me about and we are trying to read them all. we will choose, and order a vinyl today for her to do. oh did i tell you she is only 27 yr old. we have been trying to look for how long it takes for the brain stem to fall? and from what we have read you are born with it is that right? she also says when she first started hurting it was like she woke up and was hurting she thought she sleept wrong waited a couple days and it didnt go away. she is on the pain pills that she got hooked on but me and my husband monitor her on them. thank you sharing Diane
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 11:02

Diane, I hope you get all of this worked out with your daughter and she gets some relief from her pain. She is really young... my daughter is 28 and having all kind of issues (won't go in to that no). Janie, what is a CINE MRI? I am going to an epidural nerve block today at 12:30 with the dr. who found the syrinx. I am going to ask him about chiari. Diane, I can repeat what Janie said... I know for me, that all of my issues keep me walking close to the Lord. I couldn't get through all of this without Him. It keeps me one day at a time.... take care.
Terri
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 13:07

Hi Diane and Terri. It is actually not the brain stem that is being pushed out of the skull - it is the back part of the brain called the Cerebellum. The part that is "herniated" (coming out through the opening at the base of the skull) is called the "Cerebellar Tonsils". It is the tonsils that press against the brain stem, compress the spinal cord, and block the normal flow of Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF). This can cause many many different symptoms varying from mild to severe because there are several vital parts of the nervous system being squished. The back of the brain (Cerebellum) is being squished, along with the brain stem and spinal cord. The CSF pressure can build up causing a Syrinx or too much fluid on the brain.

Chiari is usually congenital, which means it is present at birth. It is not known yet why some cases become progressive or symptomatic. Chiari 1 usually is diagnosed in late childhood or early adulthood - I was a late bloomer at 40. Chiari 2 is usually discovered at birth and commonly found with Hydrocephalus and/or Spina Bifida.

"Sleeping wrong" is a big problem for me and I can wake up in misery! I wear "the cone of shame" to bed most of the time so I don't sleep with my neck in a bad position. I keep a diary of my pain levels and symptoms, and write down every pain med I take. Usually half a hydrocodone 2 or 3 times a day keeps me able to function. I try to switch to aspirin when I can. I get an average of 6 pain free days a month ( with no pain meeds).

I have started a website to compile all the links, info, and personal experiences from my Chiari journey. www.brainfrog.org

I may not be on line much today. I am still recovering from pleuritis. sad it's not Chiari related!

Oh, a CINE MRI takes an image with every heartbeat and shows the flow of your CSF. If it wasn't for this test I might not have gotten diagnosed because my herniation was only 5mm. At the time that was still considered to be within normal limits. Now it has been proven that you can have it with no herniation at all, and the size of herniation has nothing to do with how severe your Chiari is.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 13:34

scoliosis is a related condition, Janie? oho I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 20:15

Janie.. You poor thing. I've had pleurisy several times and it is painful! Hope you are feeling better soon. I had my nerve block. Seems like all went good, but I wasn't asleep like they said I would be. I have a lidocaine patch on till morning, so we'll see. I had them make my Dr. come in and said, "I know you're busy, but we need to talk about the possibility of Chiari soon. He said, "what makes you say that? Well, because it's the #1 cause of syrinx, that's why. Would you have been able to tell from my MRI? He said maybe... so, I said, we'll talk. Love the way Dr.s look at you when you call them on something they should have told you. He wasn't liking it, I'm sure. I said something like, "nurses are trained to ask questions and think for themselves. That's why I paid all that money to become a nurse." Like you said, a little bit of knowledge is dangerous! I can be a smart behind when I want to and I'm not afraid to speak up. Being talked down to is the thing that boils my blood the fastest. Maybe he was wishing they had knocked me out! LOL! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 21:23

DollsRForMe wrote:
Janie.. You poor thing. I've had pleurisy several times and it is painful! Hope you are feeling better soon. I had my nerve block. Seems like all went good, but I wasn't asleep like they said I would be. I have a lidocaine patch on till morning, so we'll see. I had them make my Dr. come in and said, "I know you're busy, but we need to talk about the possibility of Chiari soon. He said, "what makes you say that? Well, because it's the #1 cause of syrinx, that's why. Would you have been able to tell from my MRI? He said maybe... so, I said, we'll talk. Love the way Dr.s look at you when you call them on something they should have told you. He wasn't liking it, I'm sure. I said something like, "nurses are trained to ask questions and think for themselves. That's why I paid all that money to become a nurse." Like you said, a little bit of knowledge is dangerous! I can be a smart behind when I want to and I'm not afraid to speak up. Being talked down to is the thing that boils my blood the fastest. Maybe he was wishing they had knocked me out! LOL! bigsmile

lol I love it!!! You tell 'em!!! lol My experience with doctors has taught me to question pretty much everything they say. Like I said, get copies of your medical records - you'd be surprised how much they DONT tell us! I was an LPN in the '80's and i research everything, and I frequently hear "you sound like you have a medical background." When I say yes, and my dad is a doctor, there is suddenly a change in the way they talk to me. Dad died a year ago so I guess they don't need to worry about him pulling strings anymore.

I've never had pleurisy before. It hurts! At first I thought I just pulled a muscle. My daughter convinced me to go to the doctor becaus she thought I might have pneumonia. I didnt even think i was sick. I have had severe asthma my whole life and back pain from Chiari, so I just chalked it up to that. The pain is mostly in my back under my shoulder blade.

My 30 year old daughter has had lots of medical problems too, and tests borderline for Lupus. She is having Chiari symptoms but is between health insurance right now. I am so afraid my kids and grandkids may have Chiari. There is a lady on facebook "zipperheads for Chiari" who's 9 month old baby was just diagnosed with Chiari 1. sad
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 21:40

Karen wrote:
scoliosis is a related condition, Janie? oho I didn't know that.

Fybromyalgia patients have a higher incidence of Chiari - don't they also have a higher incidence of scoliosis? I know someday when they get more gene mapping done they will find a lot of genetic links to all these conditions and syndromes.
Back to top Go down
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 23 Apr 2011 - 10:08

omg pleurisy? i was told i had that about 6 yrs ago. I have totaly ingornered that about myself i havent had an attack for awhile now at least a month ago i had quite smoking then started back again after my step daughter had moved in with us. i have noticeted that the more active i get even just going for walks i get it then they go away, i just take asprin and do deep breathes and pressure on my side i remember there are times i get them on both sides but i mainly get them on my left side. i guess i will have to do more research on that as well.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 23 Apr 2011 - 10:40

Diane... It's not that uncommon to get pleurisy, but you may be slightly asthmatic. It usually comes along with bronchitis or pneumonia, when there is a weakness in the lungs, especially in smokers. I had it after getting pneumonia when my firstborn was 1 month old, almost 29 years ago. I've had it a few times since, but only when I get some URI. If you are having symptoms just when you walk, it may be something else or asthma... Might want to see a pulmonary Dr....
Back to top Go down
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 4 May 2011 - 17:49

Got word from the neosurgeran (sp) my step daughter does not need surgery they told her if she was to have surgery it would only make matters worse. she will have to do pain management and physhacal (sp) theapry. now i dont know how they would do her addection to the pain pills. I hope see can over come the addection and get off them. all you ladies dont know how i appreacate all your help and prayers to get us though this. i thank each and everyone here. you all have been such a good friend to me. thank you so very much.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 4 May 2011 - 17:59

Diane... sometimes it doesn't seem to be the answer we're looking for, but it may be the right one. We just need to keep praying that she gets past the addiction. Take care...
Terri
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyThu 5 May 2011 - 2:40

Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers, Diane.

Hugs,
loveyou!
Beverly
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyThu 5 May 2011 - 13:38

Diane, that is good news! The surgery is not fun and the success rate for eliminating all pain is very low. If she does progress to the point of needing surgery in the future, hopefully they will have improved the surgical tecniques.

I'm sure the docs are on top of this, but I wanted to stress that people in chronic pain can have significant depression. The depression makes it harder to deal with the pain so the pain and depression get worse, and it becomes a vicious cycle that spirals downward. Depression medication, muscle relaxors, physical therapy, and avoiding all things that triggor pain will go a long way in reducing the amount of pain meds she needs. Avoiding the triggors is a hard one for me because everyday things that I have to do bring on pain - like shopping (because of the neck movements while looking up and to the sides) which used to be a favorite activity, changing lanes while driving (looking over shoulder - I'll be getting a new car with a rear camera hopefully soon), etc. She will figure out what brings on her pain - it might help for her to keep a notepad in her pocket for a while to write down what she did before pain got worse. I was having a pain-free day most of yesterday and hadn't taken any meds, but then I HAD to take a shower and that is one of the things that almost always brings on a headache. There went my pain free/drug free day. notfair There may be other things she can try, too, like using different pillows or no pillow, wearing a neck brace to bed and while doing anything that brings on pain, etc. And definately a support group if you can find one. There are none anywhere close to me but I have one I like on facebook.

She's in my prayers. Please keep me posted and PM any questions I might be able to help you with!
Back to top Go down
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 7 May 2011 - 0:53

Prayers are coming your way!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 7 May 2011 - 1:04

You have my prayers hun, I know this is alot to deal with so you just hand it to the most high God and he will take care of it. I pray you and your entire family be blessed this very day. angelsmiley

Prayer needed for my step-daughter 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 7 May 2011 - 1:23

hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
I had a hysterectomy for adenomyosis (similar to endometriosis but the tissue grows into the uteran wall instead of outside of the uterus as in endo.)

Is that what it is called. I had my hysterectomy at 35 for the same reason, only they never told me the name for the condition. all I know is it was bloody painful and the Gyny said 6 months observations and review. I went back in 4 and told him if he was female he would not put up with it and neither was I and I want the hysterectomy on such and such a date. I did, at 8am on the date I said. Best operation I ever had. I retained my ovaries, and am now going through the change, and oh what fun (NOT!!!!!!!) that is. All the women at elders group complain it is cold I am sitting there in a sleeveless dress and they are looking at me as if I am loopy.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySat 7 May 2011 - 18:12

Lynknursery wrote:
hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
I had a hysterectomy for adenomyosis (similar to endometriosis but the tissue grows into the uteran wall instead of outside of the uterus as in endo.)

Is that what it is called. I had my hysterectomy at 35 for the same reason, only they never told me the name for the condition. all I know is it was bloody painful and the Gyny said 6 months observations and review. I went back in 4 and told him if he was female he would not put up with it and neither was I and I want the hysterectomy on such and such a date. I did, at 8am on the date I said. Best operation I ever had. I retained my ovaries, and am now going through the change, and oh what fun (NOT!!!!!!!) that is. All the women at elders group complain it is cold I am sitting there in a sleeveless dress and they are looking at me as if I am loopy.

I had my hysterectomy at 37 after a year of lupron shots. As soon as the shots stopped, the pain and bleeding came back. My surgery didn't go so well - they nicked an artery and I ended up having to have 2 more surgeries. They also took both overies because I'd had so many cysts, so no menopause for me! Been on HRT ever since. The neurosurgeon nicked an artery during my Chiari surgery too so it took 2 hours longer and they did CAT scans before they continued. sad My blood vessels aren't in the right places and I also have a venous angioma in my brain which is like a cluster of veins all intertwined. They leave those alone!

My daughter had her hysterectomy last year at 30 also for Adenomyosis. She was on lupron for 6 months but they wouldn't let her stay on it longer. Then her insurance made her suffer through all kinds of other treatments before they would approve the surgery and then the doctor wouldn't take her overies because she was so young. She is suffering right now (going on 2 weeks) with a grapefruit size ovarian cyst that is pressing on her large intestines causing severe pain and constipation and is slowly hemorrhaging and all they will do is give her pain meds and monitor the cyst. Last week she had an MRI and an ultrasound. Makes me so mad! I tried to get her doctor to take at least 1 ovary - she already had a history of cysts and my history. I really have issues with doctors!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptySun 8 May 2011 - 5:14

oooh that sounds awful for your daughter Janie sad I hope they do something about it soon!
Back to top Go down
Diane
Crawler
Crawler
Diane

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 3 Aug 2011 - 10:20

Thank you again on all your prayers and thoughts. Here is an update she didnt go though with the secound opinion afterall she hasnt complained of her hurting for over a month so i guess that is good, although she told her doctor she wanted to quiet the pain pills about the same time. we (my husband and I) have noticed that she and her boyfriend sleep all day long and leave their 13 yr old 8 yr old for use to take care. (we dont mind we know they are taken care of)they also will ask for money and say its for something they need to pay and yes they do pay us back but the thing we give them the money they ask they take off for hours and come back high they got their fix. (the boyfriend had started living with us since he got hurt at his work and cut his kidneys in 2 different places, he is doing good doc hasnt released him back to work yet.) all in all i am getting fusterated with all this. i am also falling into a depression i have been getting major headaches. i was making babies to help relieve all this stress, but now i am making too many babies and have to sell some in order to make more, I have already grabbed one, my Chrisy and took her hair off and rerooted her.. I have entered a craft fair that i am going to this Saturday i am hopeing i sale some. I just dont know what to do anymore. does anyone have any ideas what i can do to help me get though this? sad sad sad
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 3 Aug 2011 - 11:04

Diane... do you have a church family??? If you do, your pastor may be able to counsel you, but I definitely suggest counseling to help you through this issue. At this point, it sounds like you are enabling your daughter and her boyfriend, but I understand the issue with the grandchildren. Unfortunately, they are seeing that as their example. It takes a strong person to be able to make their child walk on their own. She is basically using emotional blackmail to enable her to continue her drug habit... I will be praying for you all. I have 2 children I adopted through social services, so I know what that's like also...
Terri
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter EmptyWed 3 Aug 2011 - 11:32

Well, I know what I would do but keep in mind I'm a big meanie head. I would go to the court and apply for temporary guardianship of the grandchildren. Once that is in place, I would kick the daughter and boyfriend out of the house and tell them to get clean and get on their feet, that you will consider giving the children back to them when you or the court feels its a safe environment for the children. As long as they are being enabled to live their lifestyle, they will.

I do agree with Teri. You need to have someone on a professional level to be able to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed for my step-daughter   Prayer needed for my step-daughter Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer needed for my step-daughter
Page 1 of 1