R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just wanted to say Hi!

Go down 
+9
pmorris
2ndchildhoodnursery
Poppy
CuteAsAPixie
Joy Franklin
Karen
kathys korner
Lara
californiateri
13 posters
AuthorMessage
californiateri
californiateri

Just wanted to say Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010 - 20:29

I recognize a few names on here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Teri - californiateri on the boards. I've seen this board mentioned a few times and thought I'd come over and check it out. I started reborning in 2003 when we all were mostly redoing the Berenguers from TRU with oil paints and stencil cremes. The art has really come along way since then. I love how the sculpts look so much more real now and all of the kits that are available. It's so nice to be able to just start painting and not have to worry about doing all the stripping of the doll first. I have the new Luminaire paints on the way to me and am looking forward to learning how to use them. I used to use the Genesys, but have had to stop using them as they started to give me a weird headache and caused my eyesight to become kind of blurry and spotty. I think my least favorite part of the process of reborning is rooting - but it does make it look more "real" than most of the wigs. Looking forward to getting to know some of you! Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010 - 20:45

Hi, Teri! welcome So glad you decided to stop in and join us!! Everyone here is extremely supportive and helpful...we have sections for critique or just showing off, a boutique section, and a contest section at the bottom where we usually have some sort of fun contest starting...oh, with LOTS of good prizes, too!!
Looking forward to getting to know you! bigsmile
Be sure to check out the free tut section for members, also...lots of good stuff in there!
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010 - 22:30

Welcome Teri...You will just love it here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I started out the same way as you only in 2004...Yes, things have changed a lot since then. For the better I might add. I will be excited to see how you like your new paints. Be sure to post some pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010 - 22:58

Hi Teri! I began researching this art in 2003 but didn't have two nickels to rub together so apart from buying a Berenguer, I didn't get too far. I actually just began practicing the art last year. Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010 - 23:55

Hi Teri!
I hope you and your little Kameko baby will enjoy it here. I love how much you love her and get her the cutest little things!
Everyone here is very nice and extremely helpful! Lara's classes and ebooks are amazing also. this is just a very nice, calm,enjoyable place with a lot of knowledge readily shared.
I look forward to chatting with you and getting to see some more of your darling little Kameko!
hugs and welcome
Joy
Nana's Joyful Babies
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010 - 14:28

Hi Teri.... I'm the other Terri! Guess we won't forget each other's name... Maybe you can teach us something about using the Lum. paints.. So far, I haven't tried them, but I think some people like them and do well with them! As for the headaches, I get that if I'm not ventilating enough (and let the thinner dry before they go in the oven). Welcome to this group! welcome
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010 - 16:27

Hi Teri, welcome to the forum, it really is wonderful here. I also get headaches from the paints and vinyl baking - would love to see some pics of your babies and hear how the air dry paints are going bigsmile
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010 - 23:32

Hi Teri. Welcome to the group!! This is a wonderful group of very helpful ladies. I am sure you will enjoy it here. Looking forward to seeing some of your babies soon.
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010 - 23:40

Teri: Glad you have joined our happy little group. Everyone here is great! Looking forward to getting to know you. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 0:10

Just wanted to say Hi! Welcome14
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 1:37

WELCOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 5:45

Hi Teri! Nice to meet you! I started reborning in 2002 and remember those lovely days of Berenguers. Actually I miss them sometimes hehe! My least favorite thing to do is root too, I remember the days of wigs and miss that too! bigsmile Rooting does make them look so much more real, unless you have my problem of over rooting hehe! I am OCD on rooting and can't stand to have an empty spot YIKES!

Look forward to getting to know you better and chatting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 23:06

Hello Teri and Welcome to the forum even though I am a little late dropping in, I know its better late than never. Good to have you here!! welcome welcome

Just wanted to say Hi! 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say Hi!   Just wanted to say Hi! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say Hi!
Page 1 of 1