R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Born eBook

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pmurphy56

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 19:36

I just purchased the Just Born eBook and I know it is an older book and in the book it calls for the use of a berry maker tool. Is there a new alternative to this? They aren't even available for purchase any longer.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 22:41

Just use your cosmetic wedge and pluck out uneven holes the size you wanted the mottle to be.  Berry makers were used to make "single" mottle spots. (and just placed them all over, one at a time) making their own pattern and sometimes just a few mottle circles where the artist wanted them to be.

If you need to make a  "one" spot mottle tool  for an area, you can just cut a cosmetic sponge (wedge) into  a smaller width and pluck out just one hole.

I use several different patterns/sponges for all of my mottling now.  If you feel you need to get into a small area to mottle, just cut your cosmetic wedge
to a smaller size and make your plucked holes smaller too.  (that is what I do).  Mottle doesn't have to cover every inch of your reborn as on a real baby
some areas just seem to "fade away".

Or, you might like the smallest tool on this set from MacPhersons to make into a single mottle hole:

https://www.macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-tools-supplies/tools/mushroom-sponge-set-detail

Hope this helps :)
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptyFri 17 Mar 2017 - 9:15

Thank you for the reply. I do use the mottle sponges and so does this tutorial but she uses the berrybmaker to take paint away or make bare spots if that makes sense. It looks like a nice effect.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptyFri 17 Mar 2017 - 9:53

Hi!!

I have messaged Lara for you about the berry maker.  :)  Hopefully, we will hear back soon!

Also, I found some berry makers on ebay - but unfortunately she is away until March 30th  - you can still purchase them though.  They '
just wont be shipped until she returns.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=bellabambinonursery&item=162030190649&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xberry+maker.TRS0&_nkw=berry+maker&_sacat=0
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptyFri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:43

You can purchase the berry makers at Michaels or any craft store. They can just help to get the paint from the center of your mottle nice and clean looking. If you can't find them, feel free to use the regular mottle sponge method.
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptySat 25 Mar 2017 - 21:14

So this is what I am ending up with. I feel like they don't look very newborn or have much depth. Any suggestions before I varnish?

Just Born eBook Img_1810
Just Born eBook Img_1812
Just Born eBook Img_1811
Just Born eBook Img_1814
Just Born eBook Img_1813
Just Born eBook Img_1815
Just Born eBook Img_1816
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 11:39

Hi, I can see some depth ,but it all depends on how much mottle or a newborn look you want. Most Newborns have more blueish/purple in their skintones .I have this Ebook and I would add a little more of your darker lavender mottle {lesson 4} this mottle will add more depth. Also add a touch more of blue undertones {lesson 8} Be careful you don't want to add to much blue. Again it all depends on how much you want your newborn to look.  If you still think she needs more depth try adding a thin warm wash after the mottle and undertones. But she is looking great!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 18:10

I agree on the blue mottle. I would make a mottle sponge with your cosmetic sponge and do a blue mottle and maybe another pink mottle and see how you like her then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Born eBook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Born eBook   Just Born eBook Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Born eBook
Page 1 of 1