R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surgery Update

Go down 
+2
Jenny In NH
Tinabloomfield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 18:02

Surgery was 2 weeks ago today, and so far I am doing well. I had 55 staples removed from my foot and heel, and the ones on my heel hurt so bad!!!! There were 8 of them, and we had to stop every 2 because although I am very tough......I had to breathe lol. I handled the rest that are on the outside of my foot like a champ. I am now in a fiberglass cast for the next 3 weeks, until next appointment, when they remove it, do x rays, and yup....another 3 weeks in a cast (that I was told yesterday). Not happy about it but it is very necessary. I am trying my best to be positive and patient, which right now is very hard for me. I am praying for an awesome outcome and that I can walk pain free for the first time in my life. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Last edited by Tinabloomfield on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 19:05

Tinabloomfield wrote:
Surgery was 2 weeks ago today, and so far I am doing well. I had 55 staples removed from my foot and heel, and the ones on my help hurt so bad!!!! There were 8 of them, and we had to stop every 2 because although I am very tough......I had to breathe lol. I handled the rest that are on the outside of my foot like a champ. I am now in a fiberglass cast for the next 3 weeks, until next appointment, when they remove it, do x rays, and yup....another 3 weeks in a cast (that I was told yesterday). Not happy about it but it is very necessary. I am trying my best to be positive and patient, which right now is very hard for me. I am praying for an awesome outcome and that I can walk pain free for the first time in my life. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Will keep you in my prayers Tina, keep your eye on the prize (walking pain free)!! You can do this!!! prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:32

prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 9:15

My prayers are with you Tina.  prayer  prayer prayer Lets hope for a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 15:00

Even watching you on FB! Seems your recovery is going well!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 8:48

How are you feeling?
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 17:54

Im sorry Ladies....I haven't been on a whole lot lately. Here and there....still doing a lot of resting, but guess whos walking?? ME!!!! Ive been in my walking boot for almost three weeks now, and each day is getting better. Im on NO pain meds at all for the foot, and just taking it day to day right now. Ive just gotten started back reborning. The only set back im having right now is a bladder/kidney infection, or possibly a UTI. Im still waiting on culture results, but the fact that it hurts to pee, my bladder is very sore, and so is my left kidney....UGH I hate being down, but I guess that's where im supposed to be right now. I will try to keep everyone updated. I have a surgical date for the removal of the screws in my heel, and that is December the 20th.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 18:21

grats on WALKING!!!   whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo

That is such a big help to be able to get around!! Hope they get everything fixed up for you real soooooooon, we miss you round here!!!
Thanks for the update and letting us know how you are!!

happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 20:19

Absolutely overjoyed, being able to walk. 10 weeks not being able to has really hit me hard. I hated the cast with a passion. I can even stand in the shower, although my right foot doesn't like to do its share yet, but Ill take it. So glad to be able to get back to making babies as well, and to be able to get down to the lower level to my main computer, instead of being on my phone LOL...this is also where my nursery is at. Ive missed it so much!!!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 21:02

happyhappy whoohoo happyhappy That's great news Tina! happyhappy whoohoo happyhappy

Sometimes we take our health for granted and then God says ... well how about a lesson or two on being humble and thoughtful. SMACK!! You now get to take the time to rest that you should have taken the first time I whispered in your ear to slow down and take care of yourself.

Funny how He works, ain't it?
loveyou! loveyou! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:19

LMBO Miss Sharon!! That is exactly how I feel. I remember a very vivid dream I had the first week in the cast, and I was so mad about it. I heard God himself tell me that the cast was here for my protection, and that I needed to be quiet and to be still. Well....I have been, very much so. Now that I'm almost three weeks into using the walking cast, I'm still taking it easy. I want THIS to be my LAST surgery repair. I have one doctor trying to fix another doctors mistakes, and it has been a long road. Now im in countdown mode....20 days until the screws are removed from my heel, and I will be going to physical therapy. This has slowed me down, but now the time seems to be going by a little bit faster now that I can walk. Thank you ALL for keeping me in your prayers. I very much appreciate them. I will take some new pics soon and show you my foot now that it has healed up some. My hubby says...ive been sliced and diced.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 16:03

Looking forward to the new pictures. You have been so patient through all of this. I don;t know how you do it. I pray that this is your last surgery too!! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:15

Praying everything works out for you !! Hopefully NO more surgeries! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 11:05

https://s1116.photobucket.com/user/tinabloomfield/slideshow/Surgery%202016

hopefully this link works. it is post surgery just after they removed the staples. you can still see the marker on my foot lol. wanted to share the artwork Malissa did on both casts as well. Will update as I continue to heal. I will also add a couple all healed up pics. Nuttin but scars now.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 13:44

Tinabloomfield wrote:
https://s1116.photobucket.com/user/tinabloomfield/slideshow/Surgery%202016

hopefully this link works. it is post surgery just after they removed the staples. you can still see the marker on my foot lol. wanted to share the artwork Malissa did on both casts as well. Will update as I continue to heal. I will also add a couple all healed up pics. Nuttin but scars now.

You are on the mend Tina!! Looks like you are healing nicely!! Tell Malissa she is a cast "Rembrandt"!!! Beautiful artwork - a cheerful artwork to keep the spirits up!!!

dancingbaby dancingbaby dancingbaby dancingbaby dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 21:46

Oh Jenny....you should see them now!!! Nuttin but cool scars LOL. Much nicer than these pics. I will need to get some new ones done before the screws are removed on the 20th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surgery Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Update   Surgery Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery Update
Page 1 of 1