R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo Empty
PostSubject: Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo   Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:36

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is getting excited about the perfecting puppy class starting Oct. 1st. I am Terri Viola of "Cute as a Pixie" reborns, doing the tutorial for the painted version. I wanted to let everyone know that you can use any colors you want. The only thing you cannot do without is a rake brush. You can see a of a rake brush here if you don't already have one. They can be purchased anywhere you buy brushes:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/brushes-and-palette-knives/oil-and-acrylic-brushes/creative-mark-oil-and-acrylic-brushes/wilson-bickford-signature-series/brushes.htm

In my tutorial, I used titanium white, mars black, ultramarine blue and a salmon pink color, which you can mix by adding red to any pink color. It will all depend on what type of dog you want to paint, so be thinking about that and looking at photos of puppies. The puppy can wear preemie size clothes. I also used flat back glass eyes in a dark blue. It calls for 22mm size. Here is a photo closer to the end, still wet, so you can see the details.

Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo DSC_7964_zps52913105

Can't wait to see everyone's finished pups!
Terri
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo   Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 16:21

Did you paint the whiskers too?  Looks great. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo   Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 17:04

Your puppy is amazing!!!!!! Still time to sign up for the class, if you haven't yet!!! I will post some of the painted pup lessons on Sunday!!

Kathy has already started posting the Terrier lessons, and they are awesome!!!!

whoohoo happyhappy

Thank you to both of you for sharing your talent with us!!!! Can't wait to see some finished pups from class!!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo   Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 21:17

Thanks everyone! Yes, Rachel, I painted the whiskers too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo   Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfecting Puppy(painted version).. supplies&photo
Page 1 of 1