R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Member from Tampa

Go down 
+7
stonehillnursery
Pam in Florida
bearysweethearts
sweetsherrie112
Lyndies*Lovies
Poppy
darflynn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

New Member from Tampa Empty
PostSubject: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 0:08

Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new at this and looking so forward to learning all I can!

I have a wonderful husband of 15 years, 2 grown kids, 6 grandkids and a few 4 legged babies.
I currently teach scrapbooking classes and cake decorating classes at local arts and craft stores.

Looking forward to being here on the forum with all of you!

Darla
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 3:32

welcome to the forum Darla, I'm sure you are going to love it here - do you have a sculpt that you have chosen to work on first?
Back to top Go down
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 8:06

Poppy wrote:
welcome to the forum Darla, I'm sure you are going to love it here - do you have a sculpt that you have chosen to work on first?

Thanks Sarah

I have signed up for the fussy class, but have not chosen one as of yet! Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 16:09

Welcome to our group. I like Tampa (although I haven't seen much off it). You are not too far from Orlando - an easy drive to IDEX in late January. Since you are new, you may not know the the International Doll Exhibit is in Orlando every January and the Tiny Toes part is all about reborns. I went last year and plan to go again.

For your first class I highly recommend that you use the doll that Lara is teaching with or one with the exact same color vinyl. That way your only challenged is to pay careful attention and work on your skills. And you can compare your result with Lara's and if you go wrong she can help. If you go wrong on a different color vinyl - she can only guess (and she will try to help you with that).

I used the same vinyl for the first three classes and they turned out well. I haven't done the Strawberry and cream, but I will be using a different kit. I've been practicing on other vinyls and I'm so glad I did the other ones first.

Oh - on the first class (newborn - Noe). I did use the same lessons on a ready made Berenguer after I striped the factory paint off. The two vinyls weren't that different and a newborn has so much mottling and blush that it turned out okay.

Now after all that - I'm not taking the fussy class - so I hope someone who is taking it will give you their opinion.

If you have trouble ask questions - that is what the forum is all about.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 17:11

Hi again - Lyndie is right - it is probably best to work on the same sculpt that Lara has if you are doing a class, that way you can compare with everyone else and the vinyl colour is the same.. plus you get to enter in the competition bigsmile My first reborn was Zoe from secrist, she is a sweet wee baby, not too big!
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptySat 16 Oct 2010 - 19:35

Welcome hon to our fourm ... I'm looking forward to getting to see your work... sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Thank you   New Member from Tampa EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010 - 13:40

Thank you ladies for the great input I followed your advice and ordered the fussy kit!

Darla
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010 - 17:31

welcome Hi, a belated welcome Darla, Iam also in the Fussy class and yes you should always try and use the same sculp it makes every thing a lot easier to compare and understand, as every one has said.Lara's classes are wonderful, she has the talent of teach! I also scrapbook, I have a scrapbook/ doll room I bet I spent thousands of dollars on scrapbook stuff from QVC and HSN. Scrapbooking supplies sure does help and come in handy with school projects,seems like they have one every month. wink hugs, Kathy
Back to top Go down
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

PostSubject: new member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010 - 11:53

Hi neighbor.. I am from Bradenton and I just joined today. I am married to my very best friend( for 33 years) and we have 5 children, 11 grandchildren and 2 canine children. I am new to reborning but I can't wait to get started. Welcome to the forum. I am sure we will love it!!! welcome
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010 - 22:14

welcome
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010 - 22:27

Welcome Darla and Pam!!! weeeeee! You will just love it here! Everyone is so nice and very helpful!!! bravo
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

PostSubject: from Pam in Florida   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 14:57

Hi there... Sorry I didn't get back to you about getting together sometime. I would love to get together. Did you take thefussy class? How was it? I have signed up for the AA class in Dec. and just can' wait. I need all the help I can get. I have a candle business that keeps me pretty busy but I needed something a little more creative. And I do believe that this will be it! :flower: weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 22:21

Glad to have you here. Lara is the best out there you will learn so much from her and she does such an awesome job on her ebooks. Classes are so good too because you get the answers to your questions really fast. This is really a very warm and welcoming place to be. God Bless
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010 - 1:09

Hello Darla and Welcome to the forum and wonderful world of babys. welcome it is good to have you on board!!New Member from Tampa Charer002
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010 - 14:05

Thank you, I have only been here a few weeks and have learned so much, ladies you all are amazing, I can't wait to finish rooting fussy...and get her together!
New Member from Tampa 837677
Back to top Go down
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010 - 1:32

dancingbaby

Welcome, even though it's delayed. Love this group and hope you will too. Lots to learn and everyone is so helpful.

:tumbingbabe:

Pam
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlehatchlingnursery.com
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010 - 15:12

Thank you Pam for the Welcome, I am orginally from Tennessee...Memphis!
New Member from Tampa 837677
Darla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Tampa   New Member from Tampa Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member from Tampa
Page 1 of 1