R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post

Go down 
+2
Tinabloomfield
Joy Franklin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post Empty
PostSubject: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 23:24

Hi
We took our son's wonderful pitt bull dog into the vet today as he has lost a considerable amt. of wt in the last couple of months.  He has been acting just fine etc.  Just lost a lot of wt.  When the vet looked at him she immediately took him for blood tests and then the boom dropped.  He has Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia...very serious problem.  His hemoglobin is VERY low and he is considered critical.  They will draw labs again in the morning to see if the steroid therapy is helping his body kick back in and if not he will get a blood transfusion or two.  If the labs are better he will be able to come home.  
For those ladies who came to our Michigan Get Together a year ago you all met Chauncey and know how friendly and loving he is.  The vet said he has a cathater, an IV on a pump, and a port in to draw blood from and he hasnt even complained or gotten grumpy.  A stellar champ!
Our son is in an inpatient PTSD treatment facility thru the VA at the moment and we have not told him yet of Chauncey's issues thinking it is better to wait until we have something really definitive with a prognosis before interrupting his therapy.
Please pray that we are making the right decisions, and that Chauncey will recover and we can love him for lots more years.  Paying for this will take care of itself....we will just add it onto the furnace bill........LOL
Thank you
Joy and Chauncey

Last edited by Joy Franklin on Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 23:28

Oh no Joy!!! I am so sorry to hear about this sweet sweet dog. He is a very friendly baby boy, and I pray that he can get well.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 23:56

Thanks so much Tina! I remember how you two bonded over that weekend. He's a great ambassador for his breed that is for sure. We just pray he pulls out of this and can live the rest of his time as happy and loved as he's been for the last 10 years.
hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: poor chauncey   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 0:41

So sorry your Chauncey is ill, Joy! ((( hugs ))) I love my doggie and can relate to how you are feeling, we almost lost her a couple years ago.

Praying for speedy recovery of your other "child".

prayer prayer prayer prayer 
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:57

Chauncey is still with us and his blood counts are a bit higher. Looking at him you would never know how seriously ill his body is! He found his favorite red ball and it is in his mouth constantly giving him comfort and the hope for a human to play a little fetch. LOL We can't play with him as we don't want him running since his oxygen carrying capability is so low at the moment.
The vet seems very hopeful that he will come out of this and stabilize as long as he stays healthy in the process. Because of all the prednisone he is on he has virtually NO immune system at the moment.
Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he is not out of the woods yet.
Thanks
Joy
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 1:03

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers for Chauncey, but he went to doggie heaven this morning. Further testing showed that he had Lymphoma cancer that had begun to metastasize to his lungs and liver. He was in no pain and had an appetite the size of a large mule right up to breakfast this morning. He was a true gentleman and a wonderful ambassador for his breed. We are devastated by his loss but know that he at least will suffer no pain. He was only 9 years old......everyone of his siblings died from cancer too. He was the last remaining of his litter.
Thanks again for all the prayers.....it was just a different plan God had than we did.
hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 15:59

OH Joy I am so sorry!!! I have tears rolling down my cheeks reading this right now!! Chauncey most certainly was the Ambassador for Pitt Bulls and a complete  angelsmiley Apparently God needed his help up in Heaven. The "C" word is an evil, evil demon that has affected so many of us and our fur babies. Please know that Mom and I are thinking of you and I have no doubt that Chauncey is pain free and playing with that red ball all day long now. Call if you need anything!!!
Sending you huge hugs my friend!!! loveyou! 
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 18:21

Thanks so much for the kind words Michelle. I am holding my breath that Patrick will be able to recover from this and not set back his progress in his PTSD Treatment program. Tom took Chaunce over to Battle Creek on Tuesday AFternoon to see Patrick and to say goodbye, the official rules were no dogs, and no getting into cars for the participants in the program. They must have just looked the other way. Chauncey ate two bags of Beggin Strips while there in addition to half a meatball sub from subway!
We loved him immensely and he us. Once in a lifetime and we were blessed.
Thanks again.......
joy
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 19:30

So sorry for your loss and I hope your son doesn't have a setback when he is told. I am so glad that Chauncey did not suffer.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 0:25

I am so very sorry for you and your family Joy! Chauncy was DEFINATELY an ambassador for his breed. I was terrified of him, and his mate when I first came to your house, because Ive seen with my own two eyes, a pit bull kill a baby. I have never been so terrified.... BUT Once chauncy climbed up in my lap.....and slobbered all over me, I melted. I have a HUGE love for animals, and Chauncey will always hold a special place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
realmom

PostSubject: Prayers For Chauncey and Chaucer   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 4:20

Chauncey is an Angel now and his little spirit is waiting for you and all his family. You may feel him around you
at times. Your spirit and his will connect.
We are going through the older last months/days of our Jack Russell Terrier, Chaucer. We rescued him in 2005 and he was estimated to be 1-2 yrs. old. So We have had him just about exactly ten years and have gone
through a lot medically for him..he maintains on Atopica, Thyroid meds. daily and still tries to play but he is
slowing down. I am sittiing with him tonight. He is on my bed as ususal with my Regis Doodle NIDAD dog
nearby and his own best friend in the world, Russie the Jackapoo age four also rescued as a puppy.
Chelsea is our 1.5 yrs. Jack we got from the newspaper ad when she was ten weeks old.We have a happy doggy
family but we all know Chaucer is headed to play with Chaucey at the Rainbow Bridge soon. You can just tell
when their time seems to be coming.I am saying all the things we want him to hear,we talk to our dogs.
I tell him, My own journey is to be with him in spirit here and hereafter. I love this dog! I love all our dogs.
God, Please bless Chauncey in Heaven and have an Angel nearby to help Chaucer cross over.
His time seems to be short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post   Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post Empty

Back to top Go down

Please pray for Chauncey...UPDATE last post
Page 1 of 1