R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January Artist of the Month

Go down 
+14
Lethasbabyminenursery
izzy
bearysweethearts
Tinabloomfield
Jenny In NH
jo_lil_sugars
loretta
Orange_Grove_Nursery
dufayk
Lara
kristipeachycheeks
Nealy33
LaRenna
2ndchildhoodnursery
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

January Artist of the Month Empty
PostSubject: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 11:58

How exciting!! Who will be the first ever R.E.A.L Artist of the Month for January 2014????

Deadline to have pictures to me will be 12/31/13. They will be posted to the forum for voting by 01/04/14 and voting will close on 01/11/14. The winner of the first ever R.E.A.L Artist of the Month and the very first entry into the R.E.A.L. ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2014 will be announced on 01/12/14.

What do you need to submit you ask? And to where?
You will need to submit 3 photos of a baby you have recently reborned. To keep voting fair and unbiased, I ask that you submit photos of a baby that you have not already posted on boards, facebook, etc. The photos are to be of 1 full body picture, 1 close up picture, and 1 picture of the hair.
Pictures are to be submitted to me either thru a private message on here (preferred) or you can email them to me at nuttyboutnascar@yahoo.com. If you do email them to me please send me a private message on here so I know to watch for them and I can be sure they are not getting sent to my spam folder.
Any questions or comments please feel free to post in this section and I will answer daily.

Good Luck Ladies!!!!
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Artist of the Month Contest   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 14:18

This sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to it. If I understand this correctly, the first contest will be for January with deadline to enter the pictures Dec 31, 2013? Then for the following months contests, each deadline to enter pictures will be the previous end of month date, right? We can pm or email the 3 pictures each month we want to enter, correct? Do we need to do anything else? I've never entered a contest before and am fairly new to the forum so thank you for this opportunity.
Linda
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 14:29

Correct Linda. The deadline for January's contest will be 12/31/13, then Feb. will be 01/31/14, etc. PM-ing me the pictures is going to be best but if you are more comfortable with emailing them you can do that too. Just send me a PM on here letting me know.
Other than that, I don't think there is anything else you have to do.

OH...Make sure that your name or your nursery name is NOT on any of the pictures or I will have to send them back to you and ask you to send in ones without.

Good luck and have fun with it!
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 14:57

Great, will do. Gotta look up how to attach pics in the forum. Haven't done that yet. Thanks for the fast response.
Linda
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 15:35

Linda,
It is best if you upload them to a photohost such as Photobucket and then you copy the link into your message. I can then right click and save the pictures to my computer. Hope this helps.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 17:05

Alright, good to know. Thanks for your help.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Nealy33

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 22:22

Is there a prize for the winner?
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 11:52

Artist of the month recieves a winners logo and then the winners from each month will be entered into the Baby of the Year contest. The winner of that contest will win a special Baby of the Year logo and an engraved crystal award.
Back to top Go down
kristipeachycheeks
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kristipeachycheeks

PostSubject: Contest question   January Artist of the Month EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 12:47

I have never done one of these contests- can you sell the baby- or have to wait until contest is over?
Back to top Go down
http://Peachycheeksnursery.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 15:12

You can sell the baby, but if you post any pictures, please do not promote your Ebay auction on REAL or any other forum. I would much rather have this be as anonymous as possible.

This contest is for ARTIST of the month, so it's not focusing on any particular sculpt or skin tone. It's what you, the artist, wants to focus on. I know that when we have the Artist of the Year, it will be a big deal for everyone, and I look forward to having this tradition on REAL. The Crystal Award will be paid for by REAL, and will be engraved with your name and nursery name on it.

It will be something similar to this, but obviously, with the REAL Logo info on it... bigsmile 

January Artist of the Month Person10
Back to top Go down
dufayk
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 1:14

This may not be a smart question, but, how do I pm a message privately on this forum??? Not sure how to do that
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 1:40

There's a little button at the bottom of each person's post labeled "MP", click that and you'll be able to private message that person. Not sure why it's MP and not PM...??
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Artist of the Month::January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 3:10

Hi I think this is a great idea only one thing is there going to be a Novice section and Professional section, I feel it would be pretty hard trying to compete with Artist's that have been doing this for years and made lots of reborn babies ?

Just my opinion still a great idea clapclap 
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 11:11

Hi, Loretta, We are just going to have one contest for Artist of the Month. Everyone is welcome to compete, though. Novice artists are always allowed to compete in any competition and the classes give everyone a chance to compete against other artists at their same level. I'm looking forward to seeing all the babies in the competitions, as everyone always does such a great job!!! whoohoo 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 11:35

So once we make a reborn we can not post it anywhere? That means we have to hang on to the reborn for a few weeks before selling it?? WOW, that would leave me out, I use my reborn money to buy supplies and kits...... Waiting that long I couldn't start anything else. I really need my money back sooner sad  
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 11:42

loretta wrote:
Hi I think this is a great idea only one thing is there going to be a Novice section and Professional section, I feel it would be pretty hard trying to compete with Artist's that have been doing this for years and made lots of reborn babies ?

Just my opinion still a great idea  clapclap 
I agree with you on that one. It's very intimidating to go up against the Professional and the ones who are teaching reborning....
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 14:53

You ladies are selling yourselves short, just because you've been reborning for a short time doesn't mean you aren't GOOD GOOD GOOD!!! And I think it wasn't that you can't sell the baby in the competition, but you just can't broadcast the auction on REAL.

Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 15:02

I don't put my auctions on here unless I had WIP, then I show the completed reborn in the auction post. I really use my reborn money for new kits & supplies. So I have to sell them when I make them. I wasn't complaining, I just wouldn't be able to do it. I LOVE voting & seeing everyone's work.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: contest   January Artist of the Month EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 20:52

Lara wrote:
You can sell the baby, but if you post any pictures, please do not promote your Ebay auction on REAL or any other forum. I would much rather have this be as anonymous as possible.
Yay!! that works for me, - sell the baby just dont tell anyone its on ebay or show pics - got it!! Thanks!!! whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 23:11

Jenny In NH wrote:
Lara wrote:
Yay!! that works for me, - sell the baby just dont tell anyone its on ebay or show pics - got it!! Thanks!!! whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo 
clapclap clapclap weeeeee! clapclap clapclap 
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013 - 14:43

well...Ive got one in the works....soooooooooo if I work hard enough, maybe I will have some pics by the 31st lol
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013 - 15:23

Tinabloomfield wrote:
well...Ive got one in the works....soooooooooo if I work hard enough, maybe I will have some pics by the 31st lol

You can do it Tina!! Come on ladies, we need more entries by the 31st. Who is in? Send me a PM if you are thinking you are going to make it so I can watch for your entries.  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013 - 18:31

I'm not sure. I'm currently working on one, but I dunno if I can finish by the 31st...  IDK 
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 1:45

Do they need to be dressed in anything specific?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 2:29

My impression is that it's just a regular contest, not like a themed contest. So baby could wear any outfit, really.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 12:19

I thought the same as Rachel, we can use any theme and do your photo shoot anyway you want to bring out the beauty of your baby  wink   Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm rooting and rooting, hoping I'm done in time.....  between the Holidays and a full time job, I haven't had much time.  I had Grandchildren here for a week and a half! Doesn't look like I will be getting done in time  sad
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 15:00

Hi Ladies. There is no theme to the Artist of the Month contest so whatever you want to dress your beautiful babies in.

I am wondering if, with the hecticness of the holidays, if we should bump the deadline back a week? Any thoughts on that, would that help to get some more entries in?
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 15:15

2ndchildhoodnursery wrote:
Hi Ladies.  There is no theme to the Artist of the Month contest so whatever you want to dress your beautiful babies in.

I am wondering if, with the hecticness of the holidays, if we should bump the deadline back a week?  Any thoughts on that, would that help to get some more entries in?
That would work for me! I still have Grandchildren here and I'm feeling rushed to complete this baby. Hope others feel the same about bumping the deadline back a week!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 17:24

Just send you my pics...let me know if you got them. I sent them through PM on here :)
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 19:52

Hi Michele. There will be one winner each month, so 12 winners. Then these 12 winning babies go up against each other for 1 final  winner, correct? Now once you are the winner for that month, are you allowed to enter again in other months?   just a wondering. bigsmile also are moderators or teachers allowed to enter. I could possibly have one ready for next month ,but no way for Jan.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:13

Another week might be helpful, but I'm still not sure I'd finish on time... oho 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 12:21

I got everything done, just waiting for all the sealing to dry along with the magnet!! I like them to set for a day or two before assembling once I add all the glues and gloss and things  wink 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 13:51

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
I got everything done, just waiting for all the sealing to dry along with the magnet!! I like them to set for a day or two before assembling once I add all the glues and gloss and things  wink 

whoohoo That's great! whoohoo 
Back to top Go down
http://izzyooaks.blogspot.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 14:42

Only thing Izzy, the last I heard the dead line is today! This is a custom baby so once I take picture's it's off to it's new Mommy, so I can not assemble this baby before I'm sure it's completely dried. I never heard if it was delayed yet  sad 
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:19

Could you just place the head near enough to the body to look like it's attached for the pictures? I've done that before.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 23:28

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Could you just place the head near enough to the body to look like it's attached for the pictures?  I've done that before.
That's an awesome idea Rachel. I'm too exhausted to do it now! I just got off work and I'm dead tired, it was a very busy and long night. I will assemble the baby and take pictures in the morning, it's my off day. If they are not accepted then I will enter it in next months...
Love ya Rachel  loveyou! 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 0:39

happyhappy Can't wait to see all the beautiful babies!  happyhappy 
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:58

bearysweethearts wrote:
Hi Michele. There will be one winner each month, so 12 winners. Then these 12 winning babies go up against each other for 1 final  winner, correct? Now once you are the winner for that month, are you allowed to enter again in other months?   just a wondering. bigsmile also are moderators or teachers allowed to enter. I could possibly have one ready for next month ,but no way for Jan.

Good morning Kathy! Yes, one winner each month for 12 months and I guess I don't see why someone could not submit more than once but I am open to suggestions on that. Any input from the Admins on this?
And yes, the mods and teachers are allowed to enter so get that baby ready for Feb.  bigsmile 

Have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
Lethasbabyminenursery
Crawler
Crawler
Lethasbabyminenursery

PostSubject: entry?   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 0:10

Hi! I just wanted to see if you got my entry, I am not sure I did it right. Thanks! Letha
Back to top Go down
http://BabyMinerebornnursery-letha.com
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 1:00

2ndchildhoodnursery wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

Good morning Kathy!  Yes, one winner each month for 12 months and I guess I don't see why someone could not submit more than once but I am open to suggestions on that.  Any input from the Admins on this?  
And yes, the mods and teachers are allowed to enter so get that baby ready for Feb.   bigsmile 

Have a great day!!

Well, I feel like there should be 12 different winners, so if you win one month you shouldn't be allowed to enter for another month, just to give everyone a fair chance. Of course, this is JMO. But, say if you enter one month and lose, then you could always try again another month, right?

Also, in the finale for artist of the year, will the 12 winners have to submit different babies? Because if they used the same babies there is the possibility of the voting being biased as everyone will already know which baby belongs to which artist from the previous months. And if you lose one month but want to try again another month, would you have to enter different pics of a different baby as your entry or can you use the same entry from the other month?  IDK 

Sorry, I have a lot of questions.  oho 
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 1:53

I would think...New Month...New Baby...

It would be to easy to know WHO was the artist...

Also..a new baby each month would be fun and great practice for new Artists ....gives each person inspiration and goals.

angelsmiley  

Anna

Oh...and as for winners not entering again...WHY Not?  I mean Beauty Contestants always re-enter...So do Olympic Gold Medalist... lol 

Just sayin' wave
Back to top Go down
MarionT
Toddler
Toddler
MarionT

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 7:42

I think the rule we have for the class contests is a good one . The winner of each contest can not enter the following contest but can enter any other after. That seems to work well . bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.dolls2baby.co.uk
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 12:11

I think if you won one month then you should not be able to enter again. I think we should have 12 different winners for the final contest.
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 15:32

MarionT wrote:
I think the rule we have for the class contests is a good one . The winner of each contest can not enter the following contest but can enter any other after. That seems to work well . bigsmile 

I didn't realize that winners of the class contests were ineligible to enter the next contest. Of course, I haven't taken any classes  lol 
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 15:51

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
I think if you won one month then you should not be able to enter again.  I think we should have 12 different winners for the final contest.  

Agreed! I mean, we have so many levels of artists, from beginner to pro. Having 12 different winners would give everyone, regardless of skill level, a more equal chance to win. Otherwise, it's likely that the same few artists are going to win every time and then that could result in the final contest only having a few entries instead of 12, one for each month. But, the admins and mods do have the final say. . .so I'm wanting to see what their opinions are.  bigsmile

And I'm not suggesting that, if say, someone wins a month in 2014, that they can't reenter in 2015. So I winners would still be able to reenter, just not the following month, but the following year, if I'm getting this correctly. . . IDK 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 16:22

Blossoms_and_Blessings wrote:
MarionT wrote:

I didn't realize that winners of the class contests were ineligible to enter the next contest.  Of course, I haven't taken any classes  lol 
I didn't think we were talking about class contest winners. This is the artist of the month and anyone can enter. correct me if I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 16:49

I agree, anyone should be able to enter, winners and non-winners. Each month is a different month and a different Artist of "The Month" contest. Each reborn is unique. I do think it should always be a different baby, not the same that has already been entered (non-winning baby). If a different reborn is entered for another month, no one would know who created the new reborn, still anonymous. At the end of the year, if all voting is fair by voters, the poll would show who is the favorite reborn, not who is the favorite artist.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 16:56

I agree Linda...Artist's continue to enter contest's even after they win at the Doll Shows...

And actor's are entered again and again for the Oscar's ...lol

As long as it is a new entry it should be fine....

angelsmiley 
Back to top Go down
sandys sweethearts
Toddler
Toddler
sandys sweethearts

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:56

I agree  bigsmile wave
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:01

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
Blossoms_and_Blessings wrote:
MarionT wrote:

I didn't realize that winners of the class contests were ineligible to enter the next contest.  Of course, I haven't taken any classes  lol 
I didn't think we were talking about class contest winners.  This is the artist of the month and anyone can enter. correct me if I'm wrong...

Well, Marion said she thought that the rule that was for the class contests was a good one where winners had to take the next contest off, and I replied that I didn't realize that was the case. She was just saying she thought we should apply the same rule for the Artist of the Month contest as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Artist of the Month   January Artist of the Month Empty

Back to top Go down

January Artist of the Month
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next